Remember my QH with the dislocated hip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
Vet was here to do another adjustment and an evaluation. I needed to know how long I wanted to pursue trying to fix him. She noticed something this time she hadn't seen previously. He was dripping urine, just standing there. SOOOOO she did a rectal exam (poor baby) and found he has a fractured pelvis.

Last visit she said I could start taking him for short walks. He was fine for 3 days then just refused to go. Now we know why! She said no more walks, short turn out times. She said it could be 3-4 months for him to heal.

I've got my fingers crossed that he will heal up. He IS my soulmate in a horse.

beeplay.jpg

OH! The poor darlin! sending healing thoughts and prayers, he's so handsome!

O wow! That is terrible. He does not look very happy in that picture. Poor boy. I hope he heal up and feels better soon.

That's just it. We have no idea how he hurt himself. Just noticed him standing with one leg up against his chest (almost). Had the chiropractor come check him out and this is what we are finding. No obvious signs that he fell, no disturbed panels like he got tangeld up.....nothing.

Praying for a speedy recovery. He's a beautiful boy. It's amazing what these guys, both big and small can do to themselves even with nothing around.

Yikes that's scary.... Hoping for a full recovery, I can't even imangin what a nightmare you are living right now... Any chance someone kicked him just right or smacking into a tree? A good smack on the hip/pelvic rim may do something like that... Never seen anything like it personally... Sending healing thoughts your way..

Latest posts

Back