Register question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMiniGal

Reaction score
If a foal's Dam is AMHA, and the Sire is unregistered, can you hardship them into the AMHA and then get them into the AMHR? Or do both of the parent's have to be registered, in order to registered the foal at all?

If the "foal" is at least 3 years old now you can hardship into AMHA--but as of Jan 1, 2014 AMHA will no longer be allowing hardshipping--so anything that is 2 or younger now will not be eligible.

You could hardship the dam with AMHR then reg. the foal with the NSPPR through the AMHR.

Ok, was just curious...there is a month and a half foal, near me, that I thought was cute...no, not getting it, but on another board, they were saying it could be hardshipped into the AMHA, then after doing that, it could be done into AMHR. But it sounds like it really can't be, due to its age. Too young. I just was curious. Around here, there are no AMHR shows...none that I know of, anyway...just AMHA and Pinto. So around here, if it can't be registered into A, then and isn't a pinto, then there really isn't anyway to show, other than in the Pinto open shows they do about 3 times a year.

Thank you for your responses. It was what I was thinking.

The only way to register the foal AMHA is if the sire is under 34" he can be hardshipped this year making the foal eligible for prodigy hardship. But they would need to get it done fast. Once registered with AMHA the foal could then be hardshipped into AMHR.

I have no idea if they own the Sire, or if someone else does. I would love to have this colt, it is literally my dream color, but, it isn't time. And this all sounds too complicated and expensive, to register. I was mainly asking, incase, when the time is right, for us to get another one, what I would need to watch out for, as this time around I want one that is registered AMHA, at the very least...can be double registered, but not unregistered. If I had my own property I would be looking into this little guy more, and working with them to get him registered.

When you find the horse of your dreams, just come on here and ask for someone to check the online studbook, they can tell you if the horse is registered and the current name on the papers, this will let you know if the papers are current or how much it will cost you to get the papers current if you bought the horse. I would never buy a horse without checking out the paperwork, if papers are a must have. Its easy to do.

Thank you, that is exactly what I will do. Love that I can do that, so I won't get into something, I shouldn't.

Folks are correct- it does not qualify to hardship into AMHA, so I dont think there will be any registration of the foal anywhere, since AMHR doesnt hardship either.

Latest posts

Back