Raven in now retired from the show ring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I wish I had some pictures but they are not up on Liz's site yet.

My pride and joy, Raven, has been showing for 3 consecutive years; all with Ed Sisk and Val Escalara of Blue Ribbon Training. She was actually already with Ed when I purchased her as a yearling from her breeder, Monette Freeman, of Wisteria Mini Horse Ranch.

Raven's 3 years of showing have resulted in many Supremes, many Grands, and several top tens and one Reserve World Champion (yearling futurity) title. But this year she really put it all together and Ed and Val had her looking freakin' spectacular!
default_new_shocked.gif
She's 27.5" tall so she showed in:

Ammy Senior Mares Level 1, 30" & Under

Solid Color Mares

Senior Mares 28" & Under

(Oh, and best matched pair with Charm owned by Chris and Bob Padula - we had a total BLAST in that class!!!)

Raven and I got the gate last year in Ammy Junior Mares. This year we were awarded World Champion!
default_wub.png

Out of 19 horses in the class, she took Reserve World Champion in Solid Color!
default_wub.png

And the one I'd been waiting for since I bought her 3 years ago, open senior mares, she was the UNANIMOUS World Champion! Yep, under all five judges!
default_wub.png

And last but not least, a few weeks back at AMHR Nationals, she won National Champion Sr Mares 28" & Under!
default_wub.png

Her sire is Rivers Edge Robinhoods Rubicon (last year's World Champion Sr Stallion 28-30"), owned by Joan Richards (Olympia Ranch) and Jonathan Witt. Her dam is AF Gold Gazelle, a daughter of Johnstons Gold Bar, owned my Monette.

With all the depressing things that happened this year with Corona and for me personally, this was such a welcome surprise! She exceeded my expectations by a thousand miles!

Here is a pic from her yearling year. Will post new ones once they are available.

raven2007worldshowbackdrop1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
default_saludando.gif

She looked great Parmela, congratulations on all of her wins. You did a wonderful job with her yourself. I know you are very proud.

I am so happy for you, congratulations!!!!!

default_saludando.gif
Hi Parm!

Congrate's!! Was great to see you! And your mare looked great! So happy for you & your wins!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations! I was wondering how she was doing at the shows this year after her dental surgery. She is such a pretty mare! I love rubicon too. I saw him at Regionals.

Congratulations, fantastic wins for your girl. She is a beauty can't wait to see her new pics.

Congratulations again Parmela
default_aktion033.gif
What a wonderful way for Raven to be retired from the showring, a Multi-National Champion.
default_yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS! I saw some of Raven's wins on the 'World Class Results' page, and thought 'how wonderful for you!' She is an awsome mare!

Pam C.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah That is quite an acomplishment for a 3 yo!! Hopefully she'll do as well as a broodmare!
default_biggrin.png

default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif

Congratulations to you and Raven!!! She is really a beauty in person. Looks like black velvet.

And she showed her lil heart out!!!

Nice to meet you in person too!
default_biggrin.png

What a pretty little doll!

Congratulations!!!!!

Hugs

Bonnie

Parmela, she is a spectular TINY mare! I loved her the first moment I saw her at AMHR Nationals.

Congratulations on some well-deserved wins. She had some strong competition at Worlds, it was nice to see that she held up in grand style in that venue!

[SIZE=10pt]Big Congratulations to tiny Raven and her family of trainers, owner, and breeder! Looking forward your posting her new pictures, and, of course, the championship photos in MHW.[/SIZE]

From the pictures I've seen, she just seems to have a "huge" heart and personality, all packed in a wonderful petite frame. Gotta love her!
default_smile.png

Congrats on your great show!!

I watched you win your class and Raven win her Open class.

She is a Gorgeous little mare.

I have pictures somewhere.... hehehe I will get to them eventually.
default_smile.png
)

Enjoy the sweet wins!!!

~Sandy

Back