Random Acts of Kindness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is my birthday and the past few years I just haven't had as much enthusiasm about them as I used to. So after reading a really inspirational story on pinterest, I've decided that I want to make my birthday special by asking all of my friends and family to do random acts of kindnesses tomorrow. It doesn't have to be for me, but I would so love if you would share your story if you do decide to do it.

I will be doing 23 of my own, from buying the person in line behind me's coffee, to their groceries, to leaving inspirational notes on cars. Remember, many things qualify as a random act of kindness and money doesn't have to be involved
default_smile.png

I helped a lady this morning clean up a pot of coffee she spilled. She forgot to place the carafe under the maker quite right- there was coffee EVERYWHERE!!! *giggle*

I don't even LIKE coffee!

This is a wonderful idea! I have always loved your posts but this one is the best. I will definitely do it.

What a totally REFRESHING topic here to be found on the BP!! A wonderful, caring idea!! BRAVO!!
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, very nice idea.

My minimal, but feel good random act of kindness is whenever I am at an arcade type place (boardwalk, Dave & Busters) I like to give my tickets I win from the games to random kids, so they can get more / better prizes. They always smile. I've always done this even when I was younger. I've done this once last week and again this past Monday.

what a great idea , it shows what a warm and generous person you are

My biggest random act of kindness was several years ago when my wallet was very full.I took a good size amount of money and gave it to the manager at my local feed co op who also sells gas and heating oil.The deal was she was to split the money and pay fuel bills for 2 older people who were struggling who had always paid their bills.They were to never know who paid the bill.She and I were the only people who ever knew until now.Nice feeling.We have also done a Christmas thing for the past severasl years.Our local eye doctor has a tree with cards on it for older people who are alone or in institutions.Can't remember the name of the organization.will post it when I find out.I cried when I read the requests.Socks, washcloths,towels, lap robes, pencils, etc.Just the most basic things-no frills.I watch for all the sales so my money goes a long way.I start a bin to deposit things all yer when I find bargains since I know certain things are always on the list.I also give a bag of extra stuff since I know not everyone's card will be taken from the tree.At my age in life I don't need more things so it is such fun to give to others.Nice reminder to give back.I sometimes get caught up in my own problems and forget to take care of others.Thanks for the reminder.I have also given a $20 tip to an excellent server for a $5 meal.Servers work very hard and are often not appreciated.

Bevann, what a very generous and thoughtful person you are! (((HUGS)))

Thank you so much everyone! Today has certainly been an incredibly special day and I think it will be my new tradition to do the random acts of kindnesses every birthday. The smallest of things can make a persons day and isn't it just wonderful thinking about how you can do that for someone?

Thank you bunches to those who shared their stories. I am loving hearing about what others are doing.

Today I have bought coffee for a lady behind me at Caribou, left inspirational notes on random cars on campus, am bringing cupcakes to a work meeting, and I gave extra credit points i earned in class to a student who really needed them. Just got done on campus so lots more to do
default_smile.png
Make sure you share if you do anything special today!

Well, today is the day. I had to go to town to have lunch with someone that I havn't seen in awhile, and all the way in, I kept thinking of what I could do. I had a few ideas, but when the time came, I ended up doing something other than any of my thoughts.

When we got to the little cafe/restaurant, we walked in and it was completely fully, other than 2 tables...the one we sat at, and the one next to us. I immediately went up to the counter and told the people that I would be paying for my lunch, as well as the person(s) that would come in that would be the next to sit at that table. Since it is a small town and we go there a lot, they know us, so I explained to them that if by chance they do not come in before we leave, I would leave my CC number with them, OR, they could just catch up with me on the total the next time we came in.

It was kind of neat, as that way I had no idea whether it would be 1, 2, 3 or 4 people, had no idea as to whether they would be male or female, if they'd be young or old (or somewhere inbetween) or if they were coming for lunch or just a coffee.

It remained empty for awhile, and truthfully, I never even noticed anyone had sat down there until it was near time to leave. I just happened to glance over at it (I was seated with my back to that table) and I saw it was a man and woman. It looked like they were only having a light lunch, like maybe soup and a drink or something, but I wasn;t sure if more would be coming or not. Anyway, I went to pay, and was somewhat disappointed in that between our lunch and theirs, it only came to $22 or something. So obviously, they did not order more than what they had on the table before them.
default_sad.png
Oh well, I tried. I just told the waitress to tell them to "Have a Nice Day", and that the bill had been taken care of. So that was my story, even though not as exciting as I had hoped it might be.
default_smile.png

So here you go....my :birthdayto you! ENJOY special your day!!

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Your post was such an inspiration. I started my "kindness" yesterday. Yesterday was my Moms birthday, I got her the usual a nice card and money...don't roll eyes over the years it's expected.

She lives alone a mile from me and loves to eat out but hardly ever gets to...she has always said I wish we could go out a evening every couple months to a nice restaurant. I never go anywhere especially at night and don't like to eat out much, (am one of those who has to see the restaurant ratings and worries about those workers washing their hands) so I call and say lets go out to eat tonight for your birthday- She was SO happy, and even though I had to drive 80 miles round trip to go eat her choice which was Chinese, we had a wonderful time. My daughter also went with us and my grand son. The food was Very good.

So today I made a nice donation to my favorite charity as well and will keep this up. I noticed you said you were going to do 23 acts, you must be 23? very wise for your years!

Wel first off Happy Birthday! I havn't had the time to look up the word random, but I feel that kindness should be an everyday thing. Befor I went to town today, I showed and elderly woman how to clip her dogs nails, and give her a bath. then I went to town, at Walmart I helped another elderly lady reach for something out of her reach. Then on to the feed store, where I helped another elderly man pick up his feed. Then tonight I feed a homeless man a dinner. This is not random, this is life, we all need to care for each other, but I'm posting this because you asked and really I don't think htese things are random, but part of us all being human.

Yes Terry, you are right...many/most if not all of us do this on a regular basis without thinking twice about it, but my reason for today was to do something a little more special and more planned.

a few days ago I paid for the person behind me at McDonalds breakfast.

Then bought everyone lunch yesterday.

During the summer, I bring my lil grill and cook hotdogs and beans with chips and sodas. Also bring in snacks all the time.

Latest posts

Back