Quite a random poll...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the Big Horse World, you are mainly:

• English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western

• There's no "big horse" world for this Mini fanatic!!

• Total voters

Celia

Reaction score
I have just been wondering about this...In the "big horse" world, are Mini-lovers primarily English or western? Just a random curiosity question, not really a point to it, but oh well.

--C

Neither....we come from a deep standardbred background!! My parents had racehorses for over 40 years before we got bit by the mini bug and now are strictly minis!

I'm a cowgirl at heart - you won't find my in those crazy english outfits (no offense)!!!! I have always been a lover of the cowboy way of life!

English rider all they way. From my early 20's I did hunter jumping in a little tiny flat saddle not much bigger than a postage stamp. From there to Saddle Seat with Morgans. To me the Western saddle is so big and clunky, how can one feal the horse underneath?
default_smile.png

Well, I said english, because that is what I mainly do now (eventing, mounted games, hunters), but I started out doing both and still throw on a western saddle for the occasional trail ride. Now that I am used to an english saddle, I could never go back to straight western!

My number one is Saddleseat, and secondly, I ride huntseat! I own the greatest "biggie" God ever put on this earth! I bought her from forum member, Shelly! I never dreamed I'd be into these "little" horses, but I am totally hooked!! But my big girl is here to stay!!

I can't vote either because I ride my Pinto Western and English. Love versatility in the bigs or the minis! I guess that's why I own 4 saddles and 4 mini carts!

Can't vote either....... I don't ride a lot, but when I do, I enjoy both.

Well, I guess with me it varies, as I have worked with several breeds. When I was a young girl we had quarterhorses so we rode western. Then we got a wild hair and decided to go with Saddlebreds, and then evened out with the Morgans for most of the year. I mostly rode saddleseat and drove my morgans. I also trained them to go western too so that they were more versatile and rode them that way on the trails at times. I like them all but a typey horse with good movement always draws my attention!

I actually ride both, my blm gelding is my pasture pet( got his back broke when they broke him) I have only had him a year, and my spanish mustang tb cross mare I ride both but even though born and raised in texas I truely like riding english better on her
default_wub.png

I like the miniatures and ponies. I couldn't live without my miniatures now, and don't plan to ride any more.

My mom loves her Dressage
default_rolleyes.gif
My Step-dad loves driving his Standardbreds/Road horses. My Dad had western trail horses most of his life. My best friend has a Jumper gelding.

We each share a love for horses, all very different and unique.
default_smile.png
Isn't that great?

Western. I rode western all my life and loved it. If I didn't ride in a saddle I rode bareback. I grew up in western country. There started to be more english classes and riders after I was done showing. I also exercised harness racers, so I guess I drove some too.

Western! I have three aqha horses two that I barrel race and a 3yr old that I hope to start cutting on next year if Im not riding western Im bareback. No offense toward english just never had a reason for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put western although most of my biggies are going English at the moment as we have a "resident" Dressage trainer - even my Reining Champion is doing Dressage (but he's an Arabian and can do it all!
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Still my first love is Western, although driving the minis is a close 2nd!

Western and bareback on the cowponies on the Ranch growing up. And Western in the riding club later. Although I did ride a little English when I lived in Ireland and again back home in CA. But mostly Western! We sold off our riding horses 15 years ago. I love my minis!

I don't ride at all anymore, but my schooling was in English. My horses go either way. Even though I don't ride, my kids do and since all we have is English tack thats what they get.

I'm a country girl at heart though
default_rolleyes.gif

I never enjoyed riding much - but the girls primarily showed Western, but also showed English. As things changed here, all the big horses were sold except for one. She was our first horse - a palomino Qtr/App cross that's 33 yrs old this year. She watches over the minis like they are her babies.
default_wub.png

mostly english. M y true passion is eventing, jumping, and dressage but I'll do just about anything. Have tried almost everything over the past 20 + years..... I can even ride sidesaddle. I will occationally ride and show in western but the saddles are so wide they make my hips ache and the fenders aren't flexible enough so they bother my knee's (which have had lots of surgeries). I've ridden western pleasure, reining, barrels/poles, team penning in western and probably a few others i'm forgetting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back