Question on registering

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a colt. The dam is registered but the sire is not. Would I be able to register the colt?

Can you register the sire first? If not, then no .

Its a tricky situation. The AMHA closed for hardship so if the stud is not able to be papered like disneyhorse said then no, the colt cant be reg. with the AMHA. With the AMHR, if the sire cannot be reg, but the dam is AMHR, you could get sport performance papers for him. Its hard b/c both parents need to be papered in order to paper offspring with the AMHA & AMHR. You could ask the breeder if they can get the sire registered first but thats pretty much it. Sorry.

default_sad.png
thanks

Just a reminder that the NSPR (sport pony) registry only has classes offerred at Congress. Unless you request classes to be offerred at local shows, so far I believe only two shows in the past have had the classes.

If you are still in the looking stage and you are looking for registered horses, look for ones where the sellers have all of the paperwork in order. Not applications, not in someone elses name, make sure the horse is registered in the current owners name. You risk alot when you take someone elses word about a horse that "can" be registered. Save yourself the heartache and extra money, keep looking.

I'd pass on the colt and keep looking, unless you're okay with an unregistered small pony.

If the colt you are considering is pinto you would be able to register as a Pinto. Otherwise I agree with others move on as there are many miniatures that are current on registration papers out there with deals to be had. Also may want to consider a rescue. Good luck!

Back