Question for republicans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
Exactly, Susanne. And while I disagree with Palin, very strongly!, in terms of policy, I still believe she's a good person. I feel the same about McCain. I want for them to stand up and say comments like that are unacceptable.

Instead of tackling either of those, people are choosing to talk about how to spell Romania
You started it, Sweetie.
default_wink.png

And Jill, you may have noticed I posted an apology to Anita. I sincerely hope she chooses to accept it, but I stand by the rest of that post.

Bassett, do not call me sweetie or any other term of endearment.

Last edited by a moderator:
############
This morning John McCain put out a list of 100 former ambassadors who are supporting his campaign. Number two is Leonore Annenberg, the wife of Ambassador William Annenberg, the founder of the Annenberg Institute of Reform, which funded the Annenberg Challenge, which once had two famous board members: former "domestic terrorist" William Ayers and Sen. Barack Obama.
Are we playing 6 Degrees od Obama?

You started it, Sweetie.
default_wink.png
What are we, twelve years old now??!!
default_no.gif

Neener neener and other taunts do not belong in such serious discusssions... IMO.

The smirking and
default_new_rofl.gif
and high fives and mockery that has run through these threads is sad. How about facts instead of sneering... how about issues instead of personal attacks.... how about the future instead of constantly rehashing the past.. how about solutions instead of accusations....

When the phrase Rah Rah Sisterhood first came up, I shook my head - but also had to nod a bit as all the high-fives and complete and total contempt that some have demonstrated for the opinions or thoughts of others have made these threads less about facts - which some of us constantly try to present from NON-partisan sites that point out the failures on BOTH sides.... and all about fables and bashing. All about viral emails that are designed to alarm you or anger you - and as some of us have shown - have no basis in FACTS. Facts seems to have become something to be stepped around and avoided in these threads... and that alarms me more than any fear-mongering viral email could....

JMHO - but less taunting and more discussion... less baiting and more thoughtful debate... would be welcome.

*edited for clarity and redundancy*

JMHO - but less taunting and more discussion... less baiting and more thoughtful debate... would be welcome.
This is not debating. It is reprimanding. You only want to hear what you believe. Anything else posted by certain people are considered biased by some people, so what is the use. When I say something that is my opinion I get jumped on so turn about is fair play. Ever hear of that one. tsk tsk tsk

There have been several comments about the Rah Rah Sisterhood, high fiving, etc. and it certainly seems to work both ways. This finger pointing, preaching and nasty remarks being made to and about one another is sad. Seeing how heated our "discussions" get confirms my fears that people who are not quite so rational might get even more carried away. This too is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Right now Fox News is interviewing someone who signed 78 voter registration cards. Well DUH I didn't know it was wrong. :arg!

(Not edited at all .... go for it if you disagree.)

I do not feel that the US should pay for the world to eat while our own people starve on the streets.....call me "Intolerant"

I do not feel that illegal aliens to our country should get a free ride on my tax payer dollar.......call me "Intolerant"

I do not feel that the US should put up with all these other countries asking us for our help and then making it look like we forced our aid upon them......call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of other countires relying on us to get through their rough patches and then turning on us as soon as they have their help........call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of the US being called upon to Mother other countries who are trying to pull it together and being attacked for doing so....call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of other countries telling us how we should be voting and how it is going to affect them so much when if in fact those other countries could get their own act together in the first place, our elections would not have such a major monumental impact!! .......call me "Intolerant!"

You all would be self-reliant and not depending on us like you do.

I do not so much think we are intolerant as I do think so many in this country are tired of being the bad guys of the world but the only country to consistently step up to help......anyone...anytime...anyplace. All the while our own country suffers for the help we give. So if other countries don't like it so much and want to consider us intolerant, don't take our help anymore. Do it on your own.

This is not debating. It is reprimanding. You only want to hear what you believe. Anything else posted by certain people are considered biased by some people, so what is the use. When I say something that is my opinion I get jumped on so turn about is fair play. Ever hear of that one. tsk tsk tsk
Bassett, I just offered my opinion on what would make a better conversation - for all of us. ALL of us. And you come back with yet more jeering and condemnation....
default_no.gif

This is not about "turnabout is fair play". This is not about who said what last and oneupmanship and neener neener and tit for tat. It is possible to discuss thngs without the sneers... or so I suggested. It was JMO - and it has been made clear how inconsequential that is if I am not all about praising McCain and Palin. I am also NOT all about praising Obama.... far from it.

And no - contrary to some of the posters in these threads - I do not only want to hear "what I believe" as you say.... I want the facts (sorry to use that dreaded word again) on BOTH sides. I have doubts about BOTH sides. If I have had more posts to note the facts here against GOP claims - that is simply becuase there are far more GOP posters in these threads stating things as facts that have been anything but. On another board the mix is more 50/50... and we deal with the FACTS as they relate to both sides... when both Obama and McCain have sidestepped, embellished, flip-flopped etc. And yes, such discussions can be civil and informative with both sides contributing.... it is happening elsewhere.

I'll say it once more... BOTH sides are guilty of a multitide of political nonsense. And IMO they are wasting our money playing their little games...

I do not feel that the US should pay for the world to eat while our own people starve on the streets.....call me "Intolerant"I do not feel that illegal aliens to our country should get a free ride on my tax payer dollar.......call me "Intolerant"

I do not feel that the US should put up with all these other countries asking us for our help and then making it look like we forced our aid upon them......call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of other countires relying on us to get through their rough patches and then turning on us as soon as they have their help........call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of the US being called upon to Mother other countries who are trying to pull it together and being attacked for doing so....call me "Intolerant"

I am tired of other countries telling us how we should be voting and how it is going to affect them so much when if in fact those other countries could get their own act together in the first place, our elections would not have such a major monumental impact!! .......call me "Intolerant!"

You all would be self-reliant and not depending on us like you do.

I do not so much think we are intolerant as I do think so many in this country are tired of being the bad guys of the world but the only country to consistently step up to help......anyone...anytime...anyplace. All the while our own country suffers for the help we give. So if other countries don't like it so much and want to consider us intolerant, don't take our help anymore. Do it on your own.
Rah!!!
cheerleading2.gif

I have had more posts to note the facts here against GOP claims - that is simply becuase there are far more GOP posters in these threads stating things as facts that have been anything but.
Okay In WHOSE opinion are these NOT facts. You know it works 2 ways. Maybe we don't believe things people put on here as TRUE facts neither. You can not prove anything any more than anyone else.

I've decided to stay out of the whole political "scene" here LOL. BUT...I have to say. I'm really scared for the U.S. (and the world for that matter) this coming year. I've got some really bad vibes regarding a lot of things. As many people have mentioned, if Obama wins (I'd love that) I don't think things are going to go well (I predict several assassination attempts
default_no.gif
. If McCain wins...I don't think things are going to go well. I just feel this sense of doom. I've felt it for a while and it's getting stronger. And...if we thought 9/11 was bad...well...I'm just scared...

I guess I missed the rah rah sisterhood deal, but I agree with everything that minimamma has said on this thread. I think most American's feel this same way regardless if you are dems or rep's. I for one feel we need to worry about our own country! And I honestly don't ever think about what Canada, Russia, Great Britian or Romania is thinking about us.

I know what most Romanian's are thinking as I am married into a Romanian family, all here legally and never used the welfare system of this great nation, they worked for everything they have ever had, never taken a hand out from our Country, and I know I speak the truth for them, when they say " They could not be more proud to be American's than any other nationality" and they have never been ashamed to be American's, regardless of what is going on in Washington!

I've got some really bad vibes regarding a lot of things. As many people have mentioned, if Obama wins (I'd love that) I don't think things are going to go well (I predict several assassination attempts
default_no.gif
. If McCain wins...I don't think things are going to go well. I just feel this sense of doom. I've felt it for a while and it's getting stronger. And...if we thought 9/11 was bad...well...I'm just scared...
Matt this is exactly what I feel except I trust MaCain more than Obama and would really like to see him win. No matter who wins they have a BIG job ahead of them and it will take everyone working together to do it. I also feel Obama will not be safe if he wins and I've said this for some time. It would scare me to even be in his situation.

I have had more posts to note the facts here against GOP claims - that is simply becuase there are far more GOP posters in these threads stating things as facts that have been anything but.
Okay In WHOSE opinion are these NOT facts. You know it works 2 ways. Maybe we don't believe things people put on here as TRUE facts neither. You can not prove anything any more than anyone else.
In whose opinion? Not ANYONE's "opinion" - just the facts as thay are laid out for all to see. No spin. No dancing around the truth.

Bassett... I have gone out of my way to only quote places that are NON-partisan. Or, if they are not - to state that HuffPo leans left or that Newsmax is far right. If someone quotes Newsmax as an unbiased source, I have pointed out that that may not be the case. Ditto for Huffington Post or Daily Kos. I have noted when a certain blogger is right... or left... and thus what they say must be viewed in that context. But the sites that accumulate the facts - like factcheck.org - do not lean any way but towards the truth. And they state clearly when either csndidate has strayed from that. They also examine those viral emails that some hold dear... and show what is accurate and what is not. They truly are fair and balanced. They have no agenda. They do not support either candidate.

I have also said repeatedly that yes, it works two ways - for both sides. Not just one direction - as many would have us believe.

I've got some really bad vibes regarding a lot of things. As many people have mentioned, if Obama wins (I'd love that) I don't think things are going to go well (I predict several assassination attempts
default_no.gif
Matt this is exactly what I feel except I trust MaCain more than Obama and would really like to see him win. No matter who wins they have a BIG job ahead of them and it will take everyone working together to do it. I also feel Obama will not be safe if he wins and I've said this for some time. It would scare me to even be in his situation.
Right on Bassett!!

Ok, first replying to the origional post, sorry but how in the WORLD do you expect anyone to control a crowd? There can be anyone and EVERYONE there, you can't blame the republicans, let alone the Americans for a single person!
default_wacko.png

Second, as for your decision to never visit our country again, I'm sorry you feel this way, but honestly, just like we can't control one in a crowd, we can't control the man with the racist sign in his yard, or the man with the parking lot, unless of course you want us to become a police state, now THERE is a scary thought!

We're not sheep, we EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US make our own decisions based on our own thoughts, upbringing, lifestyle, family and environment. If you think you're not able to lower yourself to visit our country then I'm sorry, last I knew Canadians were allowed to voice their opinions also.

om

Imagine if Sarah Palin had had courage and the integrity -- or even the brains to turn the situation to work for her...

She would have frozen in mid-sentenc, stared down this individual (or at least in their general direction) and said, "John McCain is a man of character who would not give in to his captors in Vietnam, and he would not stand for this. I will not stand for this, and if you continue, the secret service will escourt you out."

This "person" would be silenced, as perhaps would be the entire crowd. Those standing near the perpetrator(s) would turn to stare at them, and embarrassed murmurs would be heard. The mob mentality would shift against him or her. It would be on every television in the country, and, funny thing...the nation would take notice. Even those who disagree most vehemently with her would give her at least a grudging respect.

That would be an act of heroism and patriotism, in appearance if not in fact. Sad that it didn't happen.

This is all just so sad to me. There is one country. There is one Republic. The Earth! I darning hate boundaries and exclusivity. Minimama, Jill. Come on. I Love ya. But... I wish we could all just be one (I know that's stupid to say but, hey).

Back