Question for republicans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rhetoric about what Obama supposedly said about the troops
Rhetoric???? Supposedly said????? Haven't you been watching any American TV??????

I'm glad McCain is bringing these things out......some people actually care who NObama's associates are. Others are either so blinded by his charisma or so bent on rabble rousing that they don't care about the issues. Although our election will affect other countries no one will be more affected than US.

Bill Ayers IS an UNREPENTANT terrorist. To me that says more than enough.

I'm don't know what most of you do for a living and don't care.....but it seems to me there are so many political experts here that at least some of you should be in Washington.

Edited to add a comment to Fran. Oh yeah, and don't forget she winks and flirts too. Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW... I dug deeper and found this.. It even has how many cars Palin owned since 1994... Strange... but it really gets involved in her life.. How do people get all this info??
This is a .pdf file

http://mudflats.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...006-vetting.pdf
I think you should wash your hands after digging where it seems like you're digging
default_laugh.png

Never mind that it seems 1/2 of those vehicles were ATVs, got some old trucks, a trailer, some actually owned by others. I just text search to get to the vehicle info you held out but only just glancing at the document, it smells like it could also use a "vetting".

To me, that .pdf doesn't seem like much of an "ah-ha! gotcha!".

Anyway, I'm happy I clicked this topic after all. I saw it yesterday and figured "nah, don't even look" but then this morning I was really happy to read so many outstanding replies
default_yes.gif

Well... I just heard Sarah Palin say she and her husband owned a snow mobile shop for years -- sure guess that explains all the atv's and maybe some of the trucks. With those ATV's explained, she owned a perfectly ordinary number of vehicles (which is such a non issue anyhow, my gosh...)

Jill I heard it too. I wish they would have let us see the whole thing instead of cutting us off. Good speech what I did hear.
default_smile.png
Oops they just put it back on.

Shoot, just wrapping it up.

Personally, I think no matter who is elected we are screwed. I do not agree with everything McCain says. But, I think he is the lessor of the two evils. Obama has a pastor that hates whites, a terrorest fund raiser and he wants to interfear in a civil war in Darfor(sp?). I am not saying that what has gone on in Darfor is OK. I think we should render humanitarian aid but it is like Georga, you can try to stop what is b going on by talks and sanctions but you cant go in with military force. Obama did not say one thing about helping the people of Georga with their being attacted. But then they are not black. Ok McCain ownes 7 houses. I would too if I had the money. We owned 4 houses when I was a kid. And how many vehicals did have? Let me count ours. But then when I was a young adult I would buy an almost new car and 6 months later trade it in on something different. How can I condem anyone for owning a number of cars. And isn't it Jay Leno that has 35 cars? Why get wound up about what someone else owns? I mean unless you are just julious(again I can't spell). Why is it that the only things we can pick on McCain and Palin about is how much of what they own? and Obama wants to attac other countries and he has terrorests and racests as friends. You know you can't chose your family but your friends are a different story. I think if average Joe six pac had a terrorest for a friend the feds would be looking at Joe. but Obama is OK?

This Huffinger woman is from a marxist state in Europe according to her accent. Does someone know from where she is?Rumania I guess. Google the history of this country you will be surprised.

What does she know
default_new_shocked.gif

First of all, it's spelled ROMANIA.

Secondly, Huffington is from GREECE.

Third, she knows PLENTY about politics.

Arianna started her career in the 80's writing articles for the National Review. She covered the 1996 election with Al Frankin. She has been nominated for an Emmy and ventured into acting a time or two. Again, it's easier to copy/paste the rest of this, so this is all quoted from Wikipedia:

"Huffington's politics began changing in the late 1990s, moving noticeably to the left. During the former Yugoslavia Balkans wars of the 1990s Huffington opposed United States intervention in the crisis.

In 2000, she instigated the 'Shadow Conventions', which appeared at the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia and the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles.[5]

Huffington heads The Detroit Project, a public interest group lobbying automakers to start producing cars running on alternative fuels. The project's 2003 TV ads, which equated driving sport utility vehicles to funding terrorism, proved to be particularly controversial, with some stations refusing to run them.

In a 2004 appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart she announced her endorsement of John Kerry by saying that "When your house is burning down, you don't worry about the remodeling." In recent years, she has been closely associated with the Democratic Party. Huffington was a panel speaker during the 2005 California Democratic Party State Convention, held in Los Angeles. She also spoke at the 2004 College Democrats of America Convention in Boston, which was held in conjunction with the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

California recall election participation

Huffington was an independent candidate to replace California governor Gray Davis in the 2003 recall election. She described her candidacy against front-runner Arnold Schwarzenegger as "the hybrid versus the Hummer," making reference to her ownership of a hybrid vehicle, the Toyota Prius, and Schwarzenegger's Hummer.

Despite briefly retaining former U.S. Senator Dean Barkley as a campaign advisor and advertising executive Bill Hillsman as her media director, she dropped out of the race on September 30, 2003. "I'm pulling out, and I'm going to concentrate every ounce of time and energy over the next week working to defeat the recall because I realize now that's the only way to defeat Arnold Schwarzenegger," she said. Others attributed her exit to her inability to garner support for her candidacy, noting that polls showed that only about two percent of likely California voters planned to vote for her at the time of her withdrawal.[6] Though she failed to stop the recall, Huffington's name still appeared on the ballot and she placed 5th in a field of 135 candidates, capturing 0.6 percent of the votes. Her former husband endorsed Schwarzenegger."

Folks if Obama is elected he WILL OWE someone & that someone WILL NOT have you nor your Country's best interests at heart. You WILL go down with the rest of us!
Is it okay if I borrow your tinfoil hat for a while?

I get so tired of seeing things like this with no proof. Again, conjecture. Ties. Loose ties at that.

Three terms in the Illinois senate, 12 years working at the U of Chicago, and a member of the U.S. Senate since 2005, and now a presidential candidate. Do you really, honestly believe that through all that-through mudslinging, negative campaigning, fingerprinting, background check after background check, Obama would be able to hide true, close, terrorist associations or actions?

Do we as Americans really have so little faith in the abilities of our own country?

We've got it all laid out on the table. Wright, Ayers, Acorn, whatever else. People are throwing mud and it isn't sticking. The voting public at large isn't ignorant, not this time around. Those kinds of tactics worked as recently as this last election but the tickets this time, the condition of our country have people interested. They are educating themselves. Obama supporters and independents know about Obama's supposed ties, and they're telling us 'Yeah, that's nice, now give us something more substantial because we don't buy it.'

Maybe we can't hold Palin responsible for what some people are calling out at the rallies. Personally, I think if Obama heard a supporter say 'kill whitey!' at his rallies, he'd put a stop to it. Regardless, that people still THINK Obama's a terrorist, that people THINK it's okay to make a threat on his or anyone's life regardless of if they mean it or not, that someone's base is so worked up that they seem almost ready to lynch this man?

That sort of behavior is someone's fault, it isn't Obama's, and I find it disgusting. Whoever is spreading these lies, whoever is fearmongering, they should be the ones responsible to control it.

Oh, wait. "Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Saturday slammed Sen. Barack Obama's political relationship with a former anti-war radical, accusing him of associating "with terrorists who targeted their own country.""

If someone says yes he is my friend but I was a kid when he did those bad things. Does that make it OK. The man is a terrorest turned University profesor (which a terrorest should not be able to teach ANYTHING in any of our universities or schools)turned fund raiser. You know a lepord never changes his spots.

This Huffinger woman is from a marxist state in Europe according to her accent. Does someone know from where she is?Rumania I guess. Google the history of this country you will be surprised.

What does she know
default_new_shocked.gif

Secondly, Huffington is from GREECE.

Third, she knows PLENTY about politics.
default_unsure.png

THANK YOU for posting this as a voice of reason ::::shaking my head::::

Again, it's easier to copy/paste the rest of this, so this is all quoted from Wikipedia:
Why? Because you can't spell all the words. Sorry she did this Anita. It was a very LOW blow. There are many, many people on here who don't know how to spell and use proper English but it is VERY, VERY rude to correct them on it. Shame on you Lowrise. Now you are really getting picky.

I just figure if you're going to accuse someone of being a Marxist, you should know how to spell the country they are from. Although I might not mind a visit to 'Rum'mania this weekend!

Secondly, it's not okay for me to correct spelling, but is okay for someone to accuse a person of being a Marxist from a country they've never lived in with nothing to back up that claim?

And Bassett, shame on you for condemning what you see as a personal attack (correcting spelling is a personal attack, really?) while making one of your own.

I know I'm awfully picky expecting people to do research and use facts.

What does she know
default_new_shocked.gif

Allow me to enlighten you, Lowrise
default_no.gif

It is spelled Rumania in parts of the world, and it wouldn't surprise if if that doesn't include where Anita and her family are from.

According to Anita's profile, she's from Texas. I figured she spelled it the same way.

If that's not the case then Anita, please accept my apology for being culturally insensitive, as that was not my intent.

I beleive from previous posts, Anita came here from another Country. I would bet that one or two other people now living in TX did as well.

You know what they say -- "when you assume...".

I, once again, find it interesting people are choosing to nitpick little things about my post rather than tackle the issues I just posted. Huffington is a qualified woman, and I feel that Palin is certainly doing more than her share of fearmongering and is in part responsible for the sort of comments happening at her rallies.

Instead of tackling either of those, people are choosing to talk about how to spell Romania.

I really do feel like a politician.

Why Mary Lou! Are you implying that if we hold Obama responsible for supporting terrorists by his connections, that we have to do the exact same thing with McCain?
default_new_shocked.gif

Getting back to the subject of this thread:

Whether or not Sarah Palin was able to prevent such an outburst, she is very much responsible for her reaction.

I would hope that ANY candidate or public figure, in that situation, no matter what their politics may be, would STOP and say that this is unacceptable.

Mob behavior is a dangerous thing; to encourage it or simply to let it happen is absolutely wrong.

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

I, once again, find it interesting people are choosing to nitpick little things about my post rather than tackle the issues I just posted. Huffington is a qualified woman, and I feel that Palin is certainly doing more than her share of fearmongering and is in part responsible for the sort of comments happening at her rallies.
Instead of tackling either of those, people are choosing to talk about how to spell Romania.

I really do feel like a politician.
You know LowriseMinis, a few weeks ago I was shocked at some of the things being said here, implied, the attacks by a certain group but now I don't think anything is going to shock me anymore. I truly use to think that the U.S. was a tolerant, land of plenty, generous, etc. but your election is deteriorating my respect or the image that is being portrayed if it truly does represent the true fabric of the U.S. What I am seeing is a nation that allows their politicians that will stoop to the lowest of lows - tring to discredit first off with the religion card - saying Obama is a muslim... First off please tell me what is wrong with people being muslim, if in fact he were. What are americans saying to the muslims that reside in their country - that they are considered terrorists because of their religion? This is fear mongering at it's ugliest. Second, if you work with someone who has been charged with a crime - now that means that everyone working with that person is a crimminal as well? Alluding that a person is different (different color or religion) makes them unpatriotic, "not one of us (Palin)"???? That is just plain ugliness and it has no place in our societies in ANY country. What is this teaching children? More of the same? Is "intolerance" what you want the world to see on their television sets? Is this the picture the U.S. is trying to portray around the world of themselves while spouting we are the most tolerant country in the world. I don't think people will buy that one anymore.

First there was the guy in Florida with his infamous sign on his property that WAS racist - now there is some guy who owns a parking lot and he has a sign saying that if you have an Obama sticker on your car you aren't allowed to park you car on his lot
default_new_shocked.gif
. Then you have a law officer who is wearing his uniform at a rally.....
default_new_shocked.gif
. I know the rah rah sisterhood won't care but I have lost alot of respect in the last few weeks of what I thought was a great nation. I think you are still a powerful military power but the rest has basically evaporated for me because of some of the things said here by some.

You can defend all you want but if the republican ticket would not have gone down the road they did, fear mongering, implying terrorism - terrorist, etc. you wouldn't have people yelling out "kill him" or "treason". So to that effect the republican ticket is trying to incite people and they are suceeding but it's not pretty and reflects poorly on them and the U.S.

And to the person who asked how it affects me as a Canadian. It doesn't because I am now choosing to not cross the border to go shopping anymore or vacation in the U.S. I am sorry, I am just being honest in how I feel about what I can not compromise on, my morals won't allow me. Bigotry and racism has no place in this world wherever it rears it's ugly head. If the democrats Obama/Biden) were using these tactics I would be speaking as vehemently against them insead of McCain and Palin.

Lowrise, now come on. YOU are the one who took it upon yourself to "correct" Anita's spelling of Romania. Which is belittling and just flat out funny because you were not even correct in the nit-picky correcting you yourself initiated.

Back