Question for Halter Obstacle showers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank - you all very much..

I did design the Halter Obstacle and Hunter/Jumper courses i our last year AMHR show put on by our club Imec and it was a blast alot of "scare" went into that....One obstacle most seemd to fear was the water hazard I made out of plywood painted blue with ducks and frogs in it it also can hold water which is great for my Liverpool jump that it also can become.....I love to add "scare" to the course as I do show my horses Halter obstacle aand subject them to all kinds of scarey things at home such as dirt bkie showing up round the corner and a quad driving past , bouncing balls , dragging a bag fulla cans while trotting , (seems to really get them)

Thanks again for all the input I do think some ideas will be helpful in this years AMHR Show in Edinburgh...

Jennifer Hanson - Tomey

Whitewave said:
bouncing balls , dragging a bag fulla cans while trotting , (seems to really get them)
I sure hope the driving horses are fine with it!
default_laugh.png
If not, it's good training for them.

I think the bouncing ball idea is great. Have that plywood circle out there and a large soft kids play ball (you know, one of those textured rubber ones kids use on playgrounds for four-square?) and have the horse ground-tie while they bounce the ball once or something like that. I'm not sure even my guy would handle that well without some prior training. Hmm...
default_cheers.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back