Quest and Quest Plus for minis.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can relate with Shari as to using the larger scale to weigh the animal before giving the dose. That was my personal experience the one and only time I did use Quest.

I will also state my opinion that I will never use Quest again. In my opinion if a representative at a high volume trade show doesn't want to hear my concerns, then I don't want to buy your product!!

I agree that every consumer should read everything before giving anything to their animal. I never recommend this brand of wormer to anyone who asks my opinion on it. I find it truely odd that there are so many problems related to this brand alone. I rarely hear of related problems when using other brands of wormer.

It is not necessarily the weight of the animal that needs to be calculated, that is the point I am desperately trying to make.

It is the amount of body fat in which the product is stored that is a factor, too.

Yet, nowhere, is this pointed out, EXCEPT in the very small print on the leaflet that comes with package. You have to sit down and carefully read it all. This is what made me first very wary of this product, and then I started researching it. Although I have never had an adverse effect I think there are far too many safety factors involved to allow even a VET to be able to safely calculate the correct dosage. If no-one can safely calculate the correct amount, how on EARTH can they say it is safe?? How on EARTH did it get a license???? :no:

Every bad thing that I've heard about Quest has been directly from the people whose horses were adversely affected, and/or died. I'm intelligent enough to know that "friend of a friend" stories could be highly suspect, or urban legends, etc, even if the Quest company doesn't think so.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I personally would not and will not give any of my animals a product like Quest that has proven to be so dangerous and deadly in so many cases. It's like playing "Russian Roulette" with their lives. Some may not feel the same way, and they have the right to do as they feel best, but Fort Dodge isn't going to convince me to use their product by threatening people not to talk about it, or by acting like we are too stupid to use a simple dewormer.
default_wacko.png
:

Wow, I will just NEVER use it.... gun shy now. Have never and have heard of too many issues and deaths.

I used quest once.....I wormed two mini's at lower than their weight (hey new product with limited info) and wormed 3 big mares....appy, arab, and ara-appy......all 5 horses suffered mild colic symptoms...one mini and one big were the worst when the vet came out he really didn't think it was the wormer BUT being a new product it was hard to say and the coincidence was a bit much..............

I have never used any moxidectin again..............word on the wire moxidectin just recieved usda approval for use in sheep........hmmmmmmmm .....think I will pass......... my sheep weigh in near my mini's or a bit less not even gonna risk it.......

My friend at the same time used it in all her big horses arabs and appy's....her biggest complaint was the dang weight setting stopper would slip and she over wormed several.......I do not remember if any of hers belly ached but I do know she has never used it again either.............

Latest posts

Back