Qtr Rae Needs Prayers & Positive Thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
Our special, caring Forum Family member (Donna of Qtr Raes Mystic Minis) has experienced a barrage of emotional/physical stress these past few months.

Not the youngest chick in the box, yet brightest :hypocrite: , this most hard-headed woman's made numerous trips to visit her husband in the hospital for infection(s), then providing special medical care WHILE maintaining her wonderfully loved herd in the manner in which their accustomed, would exhaust many. SHE'S DOING A GREAT JOB!
default_wink.png
:

Then, she developed a severe bacterial infection (forgot to put on latex gloves while changing husband's foot bandage) which overtook Donna's body overnight. Note, this was the ONLY TIME in the past few months she forgot to "glove-up". Poor gal, she was literally incapacitated. (Should've been in the hospital for constant monitoring AND infusion of "big-gun" antibiotics.) Knowing Donna, being unable to care for her horses, really took its toll on her pride. :no:

Now, her sister's husband (located in LaCrosse) had a stroke and still in he hospital. The big-hearted Donna we all know and love, tries to make daily visits to provide emotional support.

Not one to complain, Donna's obviously torn between family needs of support, while trying to maintain her daily routine of caring for her "babies". As we can all relate.....this must be absolutely stressful. Especially with foaling season around the corner.

Her 30+ minis (complete with special-needs dwarfs and geriatric mares requiring constant monitoring ) have always keeps this retired teacher of 25+ years vitalized. Donna's hallmark of gentlly stubborn pride, has kept her from accepting genuine offers of assistance with this beloved herd. :no:

Will you take a moments and send positive thoughts or say a prayer
default_pray.gif
: that'll truly lift up our special Forum Family member. Donna truly needs (and'll never admit) a strong dose of both will sustain her.

Thank you.

Donna and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna always has nice things to say and you can tell just from "here" that she's such a sweet person
default_wub.png
:

Donna,

You know you're in my thoughts. Hope things get a little settled down soon.

Melissa

Oh Dear,.. I know how Donna must feel, as I am her friend... If I lived close to Donna I would be over there helping her as much as I could.. and finding out just how she wants them cared for..

Donna if you are reading this, I know you have a special feeding program that you have to take care of your "special babies"
default_wub.png
: , and this is probably your greatest concern abt having someone help you..

But there are folks out there that feel the same way, and will pay attention and even write down every important detail about how you want them fed, so it will be done the way you want..
default_yes.gif
:

this is a time to "let go and trust a good friend".. As we dont want to see you overtax your-self. :no: . Pleazzz

Your friend, Mary

WOW poor thing is there anything we can do?

Donna, Donna, Donna I think of you so often and wish I could help you. Maybe after Duane is in the nursing home I can be of some help to you. Right now my hands are tied. We are still working on it. Hopefully soon. Love ya girl. Hang in there.
default_wub.png
:

I know that when I needed help, I would never admit it, I wouldn't think of asking anyone.........but the troops arrived anyway and I was very greatful when they just jumped in and took over the situation for me. People came from everywhere and were doing my dishes and talking out my trash and stocking my house with food, cleaning my stalls. I had one little mare trying to go down with a heat stroke and they even body clipped her for me! Under normal circumstances I would never have liked anyone doing any of these things for me, but this is very extenuating cirumstances and I appreciated every single thing so much because when you have a family emergency, you have to let others intervene sometimes.

I strongly encourage anyone that lives near to Donna just to get in your trucks and head out there. I sure wish I was close by. Donna has been a great shoulder for me and a good friend for years, and yes she has had way more than her share.

Absolutely, no question, hang in there Donna we are all rooting for you.

And you Cindy- don't you go overdoing it!!!

Donna,

You have always been very sweet and supportive to me since I've been on the forum, and I'm sure you have always been there for other "forum family members" in every way possible. It's our turn to be there for you, and I am sending you possitive thoughts and prayers, as I'm sure so many people on the forum are right now!

We're thinking of you, and sending positive thoughts your way!

Donna, sending much strength and prayers to you and your family. You are the best person with a heart of GOLD !!! It was so nice to meet you this past summer.
default_smile.png

YOU get better so we can see ya up at the National Area 6 show in Winona.....mark your callendar for July 6-8, 2007 :aktion033:

I think I remember you saying you'd like to try showing?
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Now Marnie if you read this, she''ll need lots of Pepsi(I remember her saying she liked that pop) and we will see if we can manage to barter a contract for Bret Favre to stay on with the Packers.
default_wink.png
: I knew that would make ya smile Donna.

Take it easy and ask for help
default_yes.gif
: .....take care of yourself and know we all care!
default_yes.gif
: Russ

Oh Donna, I am so sorry you are having such rough times. I hope that little angels will descend on you to help you with this extremely hard load right now. We will be sending positive thoughts to you.

Donna, Prayers and good thoughts coming your way and if there was a way to come and do your chores for you, I would be there. Mary

OH NO!!!! :new_shocked:

NOT DONNA!!! :new_shocked:

I hope she someone will step in and help out for now, she is such a nice wonderful woman!!! :no: I wish I wasnt so far away!!! :no: However, I might be able to help house a couple of her special needs if she needs it. she knows my place and knows I take good care of my animals.
default_yes.gif
:

I will call Marnie......see if there is anything I can do!
default_unsure.png
:

THANKS for the update Cindy!

Jeri

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: OH NOOOOOO!!! POOR DONNA!!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

positive thoughts and lots of prayers coming her way
default_pray.gif
:
default_wub.png
: get better soon!!!!!!

Good thoughts coming your way Donna. If i lived close, i would come over and give you a hand.

Sending thoughts of strength and good health to Donna. I am sorry you are having to bear all of these terrible burdens right now.

(((((HUGS)))))

Sending you lots of prayers and hoping someone close to you can help you out even if it's just shoveling poo.

When things get so tough you know most people will be there to help you, hang in there girlie the calvary will soon arrive and help you out. Wish I lived closer as I'd be there for ya! So all I can do is send my angel to watch over you and make sure things are going to get better for ya, borrow him as long as you'd like and need, he's always been there for me! Sending cyber hugs and prayers

Tracy

Latest posts

Back