Progression of a fading mane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
I made a picture of Rocky's fading mane and tail. The first picture is when we first got him July 4th 2005. The next one to the right is him about 3 or 4 weeks later. The next one where he looks so blond was tacken just last week. The picture next to it is the same day, just the under side of his mane. The last picture is after I colored it (Yes, it is too dake, no need to get into that again!) I just wanted to show you all how interesting this progression is. I now feel that in Rocky's past life he may have been locked up quite a bit. Poor boy. He was an auction rescue.

1fadingmane.jpg

I agree - he does look like five different horses. He definitely looks better with the mane dyed black. And I'm with you on thinking that he was probably "locked up" most of the time as your pictures prove what the sun does to a dark mane....

Rocky has had a building to go in and out of since we got him and also a large part of the yard is shaded by a tree. But, he likles the sun and lays down in the sun all the time. Slick should be fading out a lot, but he does not seem to fade as bad as Rocky. My black horses fade a lot in the summer. They look bay by September. :new_shocked:

I dont think it looks to dark. I actually like it. It just needs a few days to fade a bit so it looks more natural.

Latest posts

Back