Prissy is on cam and wearing a pager

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
314 days, but she went from no bag to BIG bag in the last couple of days!

http://webcam.kpmcornerstone.com:8080/multi.html

Here's Prissy:

2577_1086504931815_1502187114_30240529_4106190_n.jpg

Here's Woodstock North's Who's Appy Now (HOF):

2577_1086520732210_1502187114_30240555_3222559_a.jpg

Last year they had a really pretty black Silver dapple Snowcap filly who I'm keeping... I'm hoping for a matching little sister!

215621_1912185813321_1502187114_32064029_3431343_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Prize (Prissy's yearling filly) is just starting to get her dark color in after winter body shaving, so I haven't taken any real photos of her lately... she's still a fat little girl, but can MOVE! She's one of my special favorites - SO cute and neat personality!

Wow! Are they not a pretty pair!! Lets hope the spot fairy returns for you this year!

What is her cam link? She is Beautiful! Daddy is gorgeous, and they made a cute little filly too! Can't wait to see what they give you this year!

Beautiful Karen! Lately the spot sprite has been hiding out, so we're searching for her. If you find her -- hold on, then please share with a few others here that are looking for spots!
Diane, my first of the year seems to be spotless, but I still have hope! Prissy will be a more active mare than Nighty in any case, she was born in a pasture and never handled for 10 years... still has a kind of wild horse mentality, so a 12x12 stall is small for her. But she's got a really good mind, with the correct raising she'd have been a pocket pony like her daughter.

Yeah - Prissy was delivered to us with no warnings about her behavior - she'd learned with her previous owner to push people around, and, since she didn't want to be handled anyway, it was tricky! Took 3 people to catch her in a 12x24' pen! But she really responded to consistent & fair handling, and I can catch her *eventually* when I'm alone, even in a larger pen... and she no longer throws herself at us... will stand (snorting a little) for her feet trims and even lets me clip her a little bit! I still have to take my time and let her express her displeasure as long as she does it in a way that is safe and not pushy. In return I try to leave her alone as much as I can.
default_yes.gif

She was GREAT with last year's filly - let us handle her and come in the 12x12 with NO agressiveness! She has a home for life here, as I don't think she'd really do well going out of here. We've achieved a mutual respect and that's a precious thing!
default_thumbup.gif

Good for you Karen, she is one lucky girl to have found such a patient and loving home.
default_yes.gif
I had her up most of the night, she slept down sternal for quite some time early on then got up and stood on the left side. She had the occasional wonder around her stall but that was it.

I don't think she's as close as I first thought... her bag went from little to big over a day or two, but now that she's wearing a halter and I could "cop a feel" - it isn't tight or "full" yet - looks fuller than it feels!

Well, that's why she's wearing a pager... if I see changes after 300 days, I start watching, even if it means 42 days of paying attention. 4 or 5 years back we had a 292-day "surprise" in the pasture! (That filly is in foal with her first this year!)

So far our first two mares to foal this year had 346+ day foals - one Arabian, one mini - both colts!

(and yes, I'd watch if I saw changes in a pre-300 day mare - but I don't watch them that closely before that, except for the mare that had the 292 day foal!)
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, nothing major new with Prissy - but once I put the pager on them I'm always afraid to take them off!

Client's mare coming in on Friday... gotta figure out where I'm moving Nightie and lil' no-name to!

I think it is 11.30pm, there is now sign of Prissy so I wonder if she is still outside?

I think it is 11.30pm, there is now sign of Prissy so I wonder if she is still outside?
Yes - hubby forgot to close her in the stall (he does the "last round" check on things at night) - but she was still wearing a monitor/pager. I do threaten him that if the pager goes off in the middle of the night and the mare isn't on cam, that I'll make him wake up, get up and go see what's going on... but the threats don't always work. If she'd been seriously close I'd have gone out and closed her in myself (or she wouldn't have had the door open in the first place!)

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't sure if I should ring you but you had said that she didn't look too close.

12.50am and she is stood quietly in her favourite corner
default_smile.png
Well done hubby for remembering to close her in
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back