Pregnant Mini Mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her udder has filled a little more today! Didn't get any pics as we have finally gotten rain. Hoping for a foal soon. Have another mare due in August.

What she looks like this morning and her bag.

Attachments

• 20210709_104318.jpg
    20210709_104318.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210709_104131.jpg
    20210709_104131.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 10
She's coming right along.😍

Looks like she might develop more bag though, as the edema in front may move back. It also looks like her belly might drop a bit more and forward, so it will get more of that v-shape, instead of the current duffle bag look. Hopefully, she won't drag it out to foal with her friend in August.😅

Do you have another thread for the other mare? She doesn't have to be a mini, you know. We like ALL equids...big horses, little horses, donkeys...yes, all of them are welcome here!☺☺

Reactions: Taz
She's coming right along.😍

Looks like she might develop more bag though, as the edema in front may move back. It also looks like her belly might drop a bit more and forward, so it will get more of that v-shape, instead of the current duffle bag look. Hopefully, she won't drag it out to foal with her friend in August.😅

Do you have another thread for the other mare? She doesn't have to be a mini, you know. We like ALL equids...big horses, little horses, donkeys...yes, all of them are welcome here!☺☺

I agree, I think she has a little bit to go but not much longer. I don't have a thread for my other mare yet. The other mares due date is August 11th. She just started to get a tiny bag last week.

The little one tonight moving around. (Video) Her bag is still the same size and doesn't go down during the day.

Picture of her this morning.

Attachments

• Snapchat-910708503.mp4
    17.9 MB
  • 20210717_104858.jpg
    20210717_104858.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 8
If her udder isn't going down during the day you are probably really close, I wouldn't take my eyes off of her. Good luck!!

If her udder isn't going down during the day you are probably really close, I wouldn't take my eyes off of her. Good luck!!
Yes! She's being watched very close, the foal has not got into position yet. Other then that she's ready! Hoping baby gets in position soon as we lost 1 this spring out of a first timer. The foal was a true breech..

OHHHHH MYYYY GOD!! LOOK AT THAT BELLY!! IS SHE HAVING TWINS OR TRIPLETS!?? 🤣🤣 LOL JK 😘

Wishing you best of luck during the foaling 💕💕
Right 😂😂 my other mare that is due in August. Her foal was very active last night as well. The video I think is awesome 😁

Here is pictures of my sorrel mare Ruth. She is due early August. She started making a bag 2 weeks ago now and today it has gotten significantly bigger. Last time both of these 2 mares had stud colts a week apart!

Attachments

• 20210718_121724.jpg
    20210718_121724.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210715_144841.jpg
    20210715_144841.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 11
She looks really close to me too. Best of luck with both of them, looking forward to baby pictures!

Nothing yet on both mares. The red roan mare was very moody last night and was resting her butt on the bale feeder (she never does that) I have a question though. Do all mini mares get slab sided before they give birth? This mare is still a wide load on both sides.

I've only had two mini babies but neither one of the mares got slab sided even during labor.

I've very rarely seen a mare get completely "slab sided", but the shape of the stomach does change shape as the foal moves into position for delivery.

This is why I always look at the position the foal is in, by standing directly behind the mare. As the mare enters the last trimester, the sides of her stomach continue to grow and become quite visible when standing directly behind the mare. As the foal "drops" into position , she shape of her stomach will change, not always to "slab sided" but there's always a noticeable change.

I've very rarely seen a mare get completely "slab sided", but the shape of the stomach does change shape as the foal moves into position for delivery.

This is why I always look at the position the foal is in, by standing directly behind the mare. As the mare enters the last trimester, the sides of her stomach continue to grow and become quite visible when standing directly behind the mare. As the foal "drops" into position , she shape of her stomach will change, not always to "slab sided" but there's always a noticeable change.

Ok! She definitely looks slimmer today. Hoping the foal has moved into position as I don't want another breech foal this year. My other mare is always slab sided, it's hard to tell where her foal is at. I've only seen it move at the bottom by her udder.

Latest posts

Back