Prayers needed in Berryville

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
I sure could use some of those miracle prayers you guys come up with. Becky Bye Yawll is in the Vet Hospital and I'm awaiting word. I'm at work and can't leave but I had asked Izzy to check on her earlier. Good thing as she had taken a turn for the worse. About 1 pm today, my grandson Jeff who has the feeding and cleaning duties today ran in the house and said a brown mare was down and won't get up. I go running out and little Becky is just laying there. Temp was 101.5 so not bad there. Couldn't hear much gut sounds and capillary refill was slow. She's due to foal in two months and from what I could see, she wasn't aborting. She did get up after I was there a few minuts but just stood and hung her head. No rolling either. She did kick at her stomach a couple of times. She also had a bit of diarreha. I gave her 1 1/2 cc Banamine and some Pepto. About half an hour later she seemed improved and was walking around. I had to leave for work and though I love my grandson and he is more than willing to do most of the farm chores, he doesn't know one mare from the other. Well, he does know some of them and has even delivered several foals when I couldn't get there. Did I say I loved my grandson!! I digress, I called Izzy and asked her to check on Becky about 5pm. When she got there she called me and said Becky was a sick little puppy. So I told her to call the vet and head off to REACH, Reginal Equine something Hospital.

They are there now and I'm waiting on pins and needles. So far this year I've lost my first two foals to aborts and worse yet, lost one of the mares, that was really devastating. I don't think I can stand to lose another one. Any prayers you have hanging around sure would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

Ginny StP

Coming your way and hoping for a speedy and good outcome. some years just seem to suck.

Prayers for you and Becky
default_pray.gif
:

Ginny,

I'm so sorry to read this! You have certainly had enough stress.

Hugs and prayers for you and little Becky. Here's hoping for a good recovery!

I'm praying that you won't loose her Ginny. Izzy and your grandson caught this in time I'll bet, and she's in great hands in the hospital. They did everything right so now it's just a matter of time for the meds to have a change to really kick in a take hold. I'm sure she's already feeling much better and will be ready to go home real soon.

[SIZE=18pt]OMG! Ginny,
default_sad.png
We're sending lots of prayers your way! I sure hope your little mare is OK![/SIZE]

Bill

[SIZE=18pt]
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
[/SIZE]

You've got my prayers. I hope she gets better.

Christy

[SIZE=14pt]Ginny-[/SIZE]

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way! Sure sounds like you got it in good time.

Barbie

[SIZE=14pt]Ginny, Im there for you in spirit. You have always been there for me in the tough times. Wish I could drive up there..... Praying here in Richmond.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Sending prayers that your mare is doing better and makes a full recovery.
default_pray.gif
: Keep us posted when you have the chance! :no:

You have my fervent hopes and thoughts that your little mare will get better and be able to come home soon and have her foal just fine.

Liz M.

Ginny,

I've been there......not being home and having your special girl sick. HELPLESS feeling. Sending prayers that the worse will be all over by the time you get home again.

MA

ginny you know im sending as many prayers as possible!! Hugs from kay

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Gini

Is there any updates? I just came on to catch up, been a day here. Will say prayers for

her.

Vicky

Prayers are headed your way Ginny for you and your mare and thank goodness your grandson was there to help. Please keep us informed about Becky.

Hi Gini - I am soooo sorrry to hear about your mare. I am sending my prayers for her to be come through this okay and for you too.
default_pray.gif
::pray:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Keep us posted!!!

Oh Ginny, so sorry to hear this. Hopes and prayers coming your way. Crossing fingers and toes, too.

Latest posts

Back