Prayers needed for my "big" horse Target

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. Hoping and praying that this is only an infection that can be cleared up, and not something fatal.
default_pray.gif
(((HUGS)))

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good wishes. I am still waiting for the vet who was supposed to be here this morning to start IV antibiotics. Will keep you posted.

Prayers and deepest love to you and Target. It's so heartbreaking to see them going through this sort of thing! Know that you have done your best for him for MANY years and he is well aware of your devotion. So are we. Holding you up to the light!

Leia

Well, I have sad news to report. My vet spent quite a bit of time on the phone this morning with a vet from Tufts University Large Animal Hospital discussing Target's condition and blood test results. This second vet felt that his results were so far "off the charts", that with his history of colic surgery, plus his age and recent weight loss, that there was very little chance of a positive outcome with treatment. Of course, she wanted us to put him on the trailer and truck him 2 hours up there so they could use him for study, but my vet actually declined for us. So Target has been buried on the opposite side of the pond from his buddy Max.

As a friend just posted on FB: Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.

Oh no! So sorry for your lose. Just remember there is a very green pasture in heaven, and I had a preacher tell me that our equine friends are just waiting for us to join them. They are running free and happy with no pain just joy and freedom, their tails are flagged, their heads held high, and they are happy.

OH NO!!!!! :Cry Baby

I'm SO sorry you lost Target. My heart aches for you. I can't even find words.........

default_sad.png

For Mary

by REO

HOME AGAIN

He wanted to stay

He loved you so

But God called him

And he had to go.

So up he arose

And out of his pain

No time for goodbyes

He was going home again