Prayers needed for my "big" horse Target

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
Target of course is who our farm is named after, and indeed, why we bought the farm in the first place. He is 25 years old and had 2 colic surgeries that removed first 6 feet, then another 24 feet of his small intestines. After his second surgery he was still shown and earned his Amateur Pinto Championship. Up until less than 2 weeks ago, he was doing fine with the intestines that were left. Vet isn't sure what happened, but he suddenly dropped weight, so we had blood taken yesterday and some results just came back. He has a very high white blood cell count, evidence of a massive infection and some anemia. He is still eating, drinking and pooping, but losing weight practically from day to day. Vet will be back in the morning to start him on antibiotics, but doesn't offer a whole lot of hope. At least he is pretty sure it is not something contagious. He thinks it may be an internal abscess, possibly related to the colic surgery, the last one of which was 10 years ago. But I doubt we will ever know as we won't be taking him back for more surgery.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Below - Target and Princess, 2004.

TargetPrincess_250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry that you and Target are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like Target has had a terrific life in your care for many years.

Prayers for your beautiful boy. I'm so sorry he's not well.
default_sad.png
{{{{Hugs}}}}

Sending prayers for Target. Lucky fellow to have you as his human.
default_wub.png

Mary, I'm so sorry Target is not doing well. Sending prayers to you and him. And hugs too. Please keep us updated.

Mary,

I am so very sorry to hear of what is happening with Target. You have clearly gone 'above and beyond' for him in his long and well-loved years with you; it is all any of us can do, as we both know.

Sending prayers and warmest thoughts for him to improve and enjoy more years in your loving care...and also,a gentle reminder of thanks for all the GOOD years your love and care has given him.

With love to him and to you and your family,

Margo

Prayers and healing thoughts heading across the miles for your special boy.
default_wub.png

So very sorry to read this....

I know how hard it is to see them failing and not being able to do much other than keep them comfortable
default_sad.png

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Prayers comming for your beautiful Target!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness not Target. I'm hoping this is going to turn out to be nothing really terrible that can be fixed up. I'm so sorry Mary.

Latest posts

Back