Prayers needed for Hopey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather, I hope your little Hopey recovers quickly.

Stephanie

Sending lots and lots of prayers for Hopey! Come on girl - you can do it!
yes.gif

Heather,

Poor like Hope! She's such a baby doll. I hate to hear she is having problems. I will keep her in my prayers as well :)

Polly

My prayers are with your filly. I was just wondering....I'm an ER nurse and we see lots of febrile seizures in children....has anyone heard of this in foals? I know with children we treat the fever and they used to put them on anti-seizure meds but don't anymore because it is just related to the fever. Anyway, I'm always curious when I see a possible cross-over from human to veterinary medicine.

I think the other Ginny may have a very good point. If it's Rhodococcus it's a very bad infection, but don't let your vets tell you to put her down. I had a VERY sick filly that was diagnosed with Rhodo.. but was cured. They had her on a combo of Rifampin and Erythromycin for several weeks. Took a while, but she pulled thru and is now a very happy, lively little girl.

Ginny StP

Hope is hanging in there. Her temp ranges between 101.9 and 102.7. When it hits 102 we give her one baby aspirin, which she loves, and it seems to help. She's gotten to the point where she won't wear her diaper (my husband's condition for keeping her in the garage!!!), and she runs from us when we go in her pen because she knows we're either going to beat on her chest, poke her butt with a thermometer, stick her hinny with a needle or put that dang diaper on her. That's okay though, I can deal with fiesty.

Thanks for your continued prayers. Hopefully this won't turn out to be Rhodococcus at all.

I so hope that Hope is getting better. You have my prayers and anything else that will help her and you in this time.

Whoopieeeeeee!!!!! Feisty sounds like an excellent sign!!!! Wonderful.

Still praying for her. Can you or you may have already done it, put down some shavings, so she won't have to wear a diapper? I rasied one in my bedroom who

was rejected. I put down shavings and then hay on top. My floor surived it. Maybe it would help.

Vicky

Prayers conintueing.

When I had to have one in the house for 3 months, I put her in the hallway. Laid down a tarp and then put Woody Pet on it with some hay on top. Never got a drop on my floor. Should work for the garage. Much better than a diaper....

wub.gif
Sending positive thoughts your way!!! hopeing that Hopey has a quick recovery...give her a {{HUG}}}

I am so sorry to hear about your sick one too!

Can you give her some kayro syrup and couple times a day? Perhaps her sugar level is dropping causing the seizures or seizure like symptoms?

Beth

mizbeth said:
Can you give her some kayro syrup and couple times a day?  Perhaps her sugar level is dropping causing the seizures or seizure like symptoms?
Beth

440444[/snapback]

Beth - actually, her blood levels are all normal, which is why the vets are so baffled. AND when she woke up from her seizures, she wasn't disoriented. She stood up and wanted to continue eating. It was really strange.

Someone had posted about epilepsy....I wonder what those seizures are like....
unsure.gif

Back