Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just agonize and agonize over this sort of thing. I want to something that wowzers you because i love to show off hand quilting. But the plain muslin sections, while they are large, they do not lend themselves to a nice quilting pattern because they have an odd shape. What i really want is for someone to look at it and go "WOW" you did that by hand? Even if it takes forever, i love the quilting part. It settles me down. And when I'm not feeling myself, I sit with my quilt and pretty soon I'm up and about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your quilt, I'm sure that however you do quilt it, it will be stunning. I'm another who likes to hand quilt, very peaceful way to spend a few hours.

If you do an all over curvy quilting, would you lose your stars? If you want the stars to "star" you may want to accentuate them.

An idea for an all over curvy design would be waves, like sound waves not surf waves. You could title it "long may it wave..."

I'll be watching your progress!

I, too, enjoy hand quilting.

Just hung the bathroom curtain that I made. I could not find a curtain that I liked so I ordered an extra fabric shower curtain and cut it up to make this. A fun project that I love how it turned out.

BathCurtain.jpg

This is my paper tree. An order from Gempler's last year was wrapped in green paper. I always save such paper and now I'm glad I did as it made very nice limbs. The tree trunk is a bloom stalk from a yucca in our yard when we lived in NM 12 years ago. We saved it to use as a walking stick. I cut the paper into 3" strips and glued the strips to florist wire. Fringed it and drilled holes in the stalk. The stand is an old iron and wood piece. Not sure what it went to originally, but we had to bore out the broken end.

This tree will be used at Christmas; I'll put a dry cleaner's bag over it for now to store it. It's about 4' tall.

Pardon the background; I worked on it out in my shop space.

greenpapertree.jpg

Marsha, I don't know how you come up with all these interesting items. But I love that you share them with us.

I finally made it to Joann's fabrics for cotton thread so I was able to attach my borders. Now I've got to borrow a table from my church fellowship hall so I can baste it all together.

So many quilt patterns, so little time.
The border is perfect! I really like the red in the corners, drawing the eye in to the design. Very interested in how you plan to quilt it.

Marsha, I don't know how you come up with all these interesting items. But I love that you share them with us.
I second this! LOL!

Marsha your stuff is so inspiring for home decor! Keep sharing! Its right up my ally! LOL!

I found two wonderful old ornate hinges recently. They are the same design but different sizes, so they can't be put on a door or cupboard. I finally broke down and joined Pintrest, so I could get some ideas how to use them. There were a couple of ideas that looked interesting. I haven't wanted to go there as I get easily overwhelmed. But I think it will be fun in small doses.

Anyone else doing Pintrest? (maybe it didn't spell it correctly...)

I like pinterest too (even though my spell checker doesn't). But I've never really gotten any ideas that I've used. I think my problem is that I like too much stuff, so yes overwhelming... I just go back to my own ideas.

Can't wait to see what you do with the hinges. It sounds interesting!

I like Pinterest also but I completely agree, you can get over whelmed very quickly. it was very helpful when I needed to get ideas to decorate a Victorian Christmas tree with roses for a fundraiser. Mine got the most bids!!! LOL! If I'm looking for something specific then I'm good! LOL! Oh and I love to see what my sister likes, we have completely different tastes in every thing so that neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I can't remember if I shared this, and I don't want to go back through 38 pages, so here is my last quilt til fall. PIcture is from before I actually quilted and put binding on, but you can still see what it looks like..

Puppy Dreams - April 2104.jpg

I had a panel in my stash, and a few fabrics that coordinated, so this is what I came up with.

My camera died mid picture, but this is what the panel itself looks like, well most of it anyway.

May 31 - panel.jpg

What a cheerful quilt!

My cousin makes oak quilt ladders. He made one for my dil as a gift, so I made his daughter a pin cushion using sawdust from the quilt ladder wood. I made it like the cross stitch drum pin cushion, but all new and pretty--doubt she has my taste for early- looking things! Found some lovely fabric with a button motif; I think it is Moda.

And have four primitive horses ready to mail to the shop in NM that takes my crafts on consignment.

Ever since I did an article on spiders and webs for my button society newsletter, I've sort have been fascinated by webs. I saw a stained glass web on Pinterest and asked a friend if her husband could make me one. Picked it up today and it is so pretty. I did not realize when I asked him that it had all rounded pieces--quite a challenge and labor intensive! She said he has begun work on another one. The bowl behind the sewing machine has my wee turtle we found on the driveway. He is about the size of a 50 cent piece, but I think he is growing. I feed him snails from the pond and turtle food. He seems to enjoy the window sill where he basks in morning sunlight. Then he has leaves to go under when he feels like it.

I found an old monkey pattern and tried to make it, but it was too vague and the pieces didn't fit exactly right. I got the head sewn and stuffed, but threw the whole thing away, pattern and all. Sometimes one has to get to the stuffing part before deciding a project will work or not.

boldingweb.jpg

Back