Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way about applique, I did daisy's on a lap quilt and decided I didn't like doing applique that much. I prefer piecing blocks instead.

Time is flying by, I can't believe that it is a over a week into September. I have a mile long list of things to do. But I am finding time to sew. Yesterday I sandwiched a baby quilt and a horse lap quilt that I pieced earlier in the year. It is nice to be sewing again. Hoping to get some machine and hand quilting done today. Also working on a child's crocheted hat.

What are y'all working on? Would love to hear!

Yesterday was so frustrating. Finally figured out today what I was doing wrong. I was crocheting a hat just like the last one I made and it kept coming out wrong. Finally took all the stitches out for the fourth time and read each line carefully and counted stitches. It looks right now. I think I must have been in a hurry and skipped some stitches early in the pattern. So glad that it is again working out right.

Some days are just nicer than others! Hope y'all are having a really nice day!

I just finished an afghan. I call it my Autumn Afghan, as it is brown (earth), green (grass), blue (sky), gold (sunshine), and orange (leaves). Done in afghan stitch in panels so the project could be portable. I didn't put a fringe, but crocheted a border around it. It is strange looking so I won't include a photo.

Not sure what is next. Meanwhile, I'm on the committee for a family reunion so I've been making favors.

I enjoy aplique. There is a charming book called "In A Patchwork Garden" by Janet Bolton. That book gave me a whole new way to look at and enjoy doing aplique. Here is a piece I made a few years ago. It was incorporated into a larger work about the cotton industry. I don't have it any more; someone purchased it.

cottonaplique.jpg

Like Button... Asked about on back porch, there is a glitch in the system that they are trying to fix, so in the meantime it's been disabled.

I've started the new baby quilt. I sent a piece of paper and sase to all the relatives asking for them to trace their hands. There will be 18 hand blocks. I wanted to make the background yellow, but couldn't find the right shade of yellow, so went with this turquoise color. This is the first block, sort of the Pilot Block. Do you like the blanket stitch? A different color? Larger or smaller stitch around the edge of the hand?

I will NOT be piecing this quilt. I don't mind the applique and embroidery, but am terrible at piecing. Maybe by the time I get the squares finished, the gender will be known and we can choose feminine/masculine fabrics for the sashings. I will probably hand quilt it myself.

handprint.jpg

Love this idea! Looks good and I'm sure it will be cherished. Can't wait to see it come together.

I bought an old window and thought I could simply get it home and clean it up. Is anything ever that easy? I had to remove every piece of glass, scrape off the old glazing, scrub and scrape the glass clean, then redo the glazing. I got pretty good with the glazing compound by the time I was finished installing all the pieces! It's taken me nearly a month to get it back together. Not sure whether I'll hang it or just prop it in the window. I may have to try it in different windows.

greenwindow.jpg

I am making some of the polar fleece "no sew" throws (individual large lap size) for Christmas gifts. Our step-grandaughter-to-be made my husband and I each one last Christmas and they are so cozy warm!

3-4 years ago I made 8 "no sew" throws for my MIL for graduation gifts (she asked me to, and paid me for materials and a bit for time); well, 7 for her for graduation gifts and one for me for a graduation gift.

Got a new craft to try (I better get busy-Christmas is getting closer). Going to try my hand at "Sculpey" clay design (horses, dogs, cats). Love Robin's and have another friend who does it too. May try other things with it too.

We decorate wreaths to sell along with our cut your own Christmas trees and this year I taught myself how to make bows. The love seat is piled high with loads of bows.

image.jpg

Lovely bows! So many pretty ribbons to work with.

I made reindeer. I saw the one with clothespin legs as a pattern, so it is not my own idea. The small deer was the first attempt, but turned out too small for the clothespins, so I used twig legs. I had fun with them. I didn't make a pattern, unfortunately, so doubt I'll make more. They are just one of a kind. The wreath on the large one is vintage cotton binding stained with tea and paint. I like the way it turned out. I tied the little pieces onto wire. I think this would work for dollhouse wreaths, or even be fun as a package ornament. Though too time consuming if the receiver threw it away!

I'd love to see more things people are working on.

reindeer1.jpg

Latest posts

Back