Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the pink one today. Now I am ready for Easter with the granddaughters.

EasterHatPink.jpg

They saw the picture of a similar hat, and said they would like one and chose a color. They haven't seen them yet. On Easter Sunday we are having family come to celebrate and for dinner and they will get their Easter hats then.

I've been quilting like a crazy person. Wait....it's me....I AM a crazy person, never mind. LOL

My daughter is getting married in September so the rush was on to get this Double Irish Chain quilt all quilted and done with. I just finished all the hand quilting and so now I just have to attach the binding. Next to the basting, this is my least favorite part so today I just made the double fold bias tape and I'll start sewing it on tomorrow (or possibly later if I get a better offer of something to do tomorrow, and it wouldn't take much).

I did want to post a few pictures of the quilting. I'm pretty pleased at how it turned out. I just laid it out across my bed so I could see what it was going to look like. And, of course, it still isn't large enough to have a significant drop on the sides but this is the size it's staying.

Quilted but no binding 001.JPG

Quilted but no binding 002.JPG

Quilted but no binding 003.JPG

Quilted but no binding 004.JPG

It is so beautiful, I love seeing the back as well. Good job!

I am planning to drive my 1946 Moline in our Memorial Day parade. Usually I drive my horses, but this year I decided to take my tractor. I got a sequined vest for me to wear, fringed banners to drape my trailer, and I was looking for something for my dog to wear. I decided to make him a cape and bow tie. They fit on the collar. He thinks he is Hot Stuff, for sure.

I used my magic button hole maker to do the slot for the leash ring.

buddybow2.jpg

What a cute little dog! And I love the cape and bow tie too!

What a cute little dog! And I love the cape and bow tie too!
Thanks! If I had a girlie dog I could have done some flashy, fluffy things. But Buddy might have been embarrassed with that so I stuck with basic red white & blue.

My word, you should see all the adorable pet patriotic outfits on Etsy! Some of the cats dressed up are amazing. I was going to order something, and then thought: why don't I just make my own? Duh...

Here's what I've been working on lately.
Puppy Dreams - April 2104.jpg
It's probably about 45x54", I'm not sure, I haven't measured it. I still have to pin-baste, quilt and bind it, but it won't be too long and it'll be done. I found a nice blue flannel for the backing.
Chanda

Thank you. No one, yet. I had the panel in my stash, and since I'm trying to work only from stash, I thought I'd see what I could do with it. I have another panel too, so might make another (similar, but not quite the same, as I don't have much of the blue, green, red or yellow left that I use in this one). All just fabrics pulled from my stash, the only thing new was batting. If you can't read it in the picture, the blocks in the big panel say "Puppy Dreams".

Latest posts

Back