Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the print and that is just the perfect color on the top one. Harder to see the print on the other but it looks like variegated pink/white thread. So pretty! She will love them both!

Finished four crocheted outfits for my granddaughter's 18 inch dolls. Her birthday is on Sunday.

Dolly1.jpg

Dolly3.jpg

Dolly5.jpg

Dolly7.jpg

Now I am looking at a picture my granddaughter found of a stuffed raccoon. Wish me luck in recreating this cute little creature.

Truly, they are small so they don't take that much time. The directions were well written and easy to follow, so it took a couple days of my spare time to make each outfit.

Those outfits turned out gorgeous, what a lucky little grand daughter.

Might have a picture to share later today. Working on two quilts, one is ready for quilting and sitting by the machine, the other is mostly a top and I'm trying to decide if I want to add borders or not.

Several years ago, a friend gave me three quilt tops that his mother had made prior to her death. I've had them stored forever and finally decided to take the best one of the three, quilt it, and return it to him as a gift. I have now finished the quilting part, I will attach the binding here in the next couple of days and am waiting for my label to arrive. I decided to have a really nice label made that says it was pieced by her, with her name and the dates of her life, and then that it was quilted by me, with my name and 2015. I'll applique it to back and it will make a nice keepsake for him.

This was very difficult to quilt, I have no idea what the fabric is. I suspect it was vintage feed sacks. Nothing was straight. Evidently she had no idea of what the "bias" was. All the outside edges were all cut on the bias. I had to do some creative stitching when I was trying to attach the binding. So it won't be straight (not even close). But it's the thought that counts.

quilted-waiting on binding 001.JPG

quilted-waiting on binding 002.JPG

quilted-waiting on binding 004.JPG

Finished the little Raccoon doll.

RacoonDoll.jpg

RacoonDoll2.jpg

Think it came out cute even though I didn't use a pattern, just winged it. Loved using the buttons on the face. Boy were those legs hard to turn and stuff. I don't think I will make any more. Now I'm off to hem some blue jeans….definitely not as fun. :)

Here's the finished quilt (well most of it, didn't quite get all the edges in the picture); it's a little bigger than 40x55". The other is still somewhat in limbo deciding yeah or neigh on borders; leaning towards not.

Western Pinwheel - Jan 2015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. It's the same cutting/sewing technique as for the pansy table runner I did, but pieces are arranged differently. [this arrangement has too many seams coming together making it bulky and hard to flatten for quilting, at least for me.]

I got the binding attached yesterday and gave this vintage quilt a good washing. It looks so much better now that it's clean. I'm just waiting on the label to arrive and then I will attach that and mail it back to my friend (whose mom actually made this quilt). I think he will be pleasantly surprised with his gift.

with binding 001.JPG

with binding 002.JPG

Very lovely quilt. Nice quilting job. He'll be thrilled to have a part of him mom back home (although since he's a guy, he probably won't gush over it like a gal might).

Thank you. It's the same cutting/sewing technique as for the pansy table runner I did, but pieces are arranged differently. [this arrangement has too many seams coming together making it bulky and hard to flatten for quilting, at least for me.]
Some really fun cowgirl graphics! Nice to see something besides bucking bronchos.

Very lovely quilt. Nice quilting job. He'll be thrilled to have a part of him mom back home (although since he's a guy, he probably won't gush over it like a gal might).
I got a wonderful thank you from grandson after he got his fencing quilt at Christmas. I agree, guys appreciate quilts quite a lot.

Latest posts

Back