Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My quilt label arrived today and I have it attached and the quilt is in the mail to it's owner even as I speak...er....type. It should arrive next Wednesday.

Bob's label 003.JPG

Bought a couple of fabric strip sets off a FB group, they were the same with 4 fabrics, made a strip race quilt with them and got an interesting pattern since there were only 4 fabrics. It's not quite done yet, as I have to quilt and bind it, but wanted to try out my new camera, which works just fine.

FB strips quilt - in process - Feb 2015.jpg

Looks good. Will be done before you know it!

Thank you. Just trying to figure out how I'll quilt it (I just straight line quilt) and decide what color of thread to use. I have a pretty grey I'm leaning towards, but not sure.

Gray would be good. A green might be distracting. Looks like a fun project.

I've been on a total crochet binge. I've bordered receiving blankets, baby doll layettes, and tea towels. I've enjoyed it because it is restful; no looking at patterns or remembering what row I'm on.

I did a deep border on a tea towel and was on the last row. Got up in the morning and noticed a giant nest of thread by my project. Turns out, husband got his foot in the ball in the dark, walked around the living room, into the kitchen, down the hall--he kept hearing a swishing noise and finally turned on the light and saw the thread wound around his boot. He backtracked, gathering up the thread and laid it in a neat nest by the project. Took me about 3 hours to redo the work, as it was so tangled up.

Also made an herb pouch for dil out of a monogram hand towel. I used a nice decorative stitch on the hem and got to make 3 buttonholes. I'll wait till the lemon verbena is out in the garden, or perhaps buy some lavender buds to put in it. She could also use it to keep a small portable sewing project in.

teatowel.jpg

cpocket.jpg

Love your detail Marsha. Both projects are absolutely beautiful!

Finished some pump bags for my grandson in time for St. Patrick's Day. Just love this set.

I went shopping with my best friend and of course we went to fabric stores. One was strictly upholstery fabric and we found a bargin box of scraps that were perfect for making some more bags. These will not need any stabilizer added. Going to be cutting some out today and embroidering on some. Best part is they were $2.00 a pound. One pound of scraps looks to be enough to make 12-14 bags. So glad we stopped there.

I embroidered letters this time on one. His gym name is Excalibur Gymnastics so Excalibur Gymnast was perfect! Now I know the placement so on the next bag the letters will be placed further down. Even so I was happy with these bags. Making some drawstring bags also and I'm going to crochet some sachets that will be filled with lavender. Oh yes, we are getting a winter storm tonight. The perfect weather to be busy and crafting.

Hope to see what y'all are working on and have completed - both!

March2015NoahsBags.jpg

I like them both but the bottom one catches my eye more.

I actually went with the top layout and it really works with the picture blocks added in. I have 8 rows sewn, 4 more to go, then I can sew them all together and decide if I want borders or not.

Oh yeah! I like it! It is going to be gorgeous! He is going to love it! Everything looks great. It is definitely my son! I love the cabin block too. It has everything! Deer, fishing, ducks! He just came back from staying in a cabin on the lake! The color in the blocks really pop against the brown! Lovely Chanda, just lovely! I can't wait to see it finished!

That greyish duck and fish print is the RealTree print, the cabin and deer print is another company. I'm loving it, and glad you do too, Kim.

I'm still on the crocheting binge. I found some vintage muslin dish towels from an auction and have been crocheting edges on them. My husband says, that's a lot of trouble for something to dry dishes. But I think I understand better all the home makers back in the days, who embroidered and embellished all their linens. It gives me pleasure to make and to use. And what does it hurt? It is quiet, meditative, creative work. It makes our home more interesting and personal.

And besides, I've been really sick for the past week and I've accomplished a lot of edging!

I agree with you completely. Hope you feel better soon!

Finished this one a little bit ago, finally got a picture today.

Irish Chain - pink cowgirl - complete - Mar 15.jpg

Still working on this one, working on the quilting now, then binding, then off to it's new home (it's commissioned):

Kims quilt - probable layout.jpg

Latest posts

Back