PLEASE... Make this change to your website.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes, the days of MIDI files on every webpage, glittery GIF animations and endless animated arrows, mailboxes and buttons! I don't miss those web days.
default_rolleyes.gif

I agree with the comments about right-click blockers. Besides, these days if you want to steal a photo Windows provides a snipping tool to take a screen shot of any part of your screen without even having to click "Alt-Print Screen" and copy it into a photo program. I don't know what the snarky people think they're protecting!
default_laugh.png

I had a talk today with a major mini vendor about removing a certain cowbell sound from their monthly sales page so unsuspecting cubicle browsers wouldn't keep getting busted when we try to check the sales at work.
default_wink.png
They agreed that might be a good idea before people start their annual holiday shopping! Hehe.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
And those noises are a dead giveaway for those of us who sneak onto the computer in the middle of the night (mostly because we can't sleep), and wake up the rest of the house.
default_blush.png
("Are you on the computer, AGAIN?!"
default_nono.gif
)

Nothing says "cheap" like cheesy music on websites. Just because it is available doesn't mean it has to be used!
default_doh.gif
It's like PowerPoint slide presentations with way too many animations.
default_thumbdown.gif
Being an elementary school tech teacher, those presentations are usually done by 3rd graders. That's kinda what it looks like with cheesy music, too....like it was done by a 3rd grader vs. a serious businessperson. I actually teach the kids about "professionalism" in presentation. "Cute" is a four-letter word in my book!
default_laugh.png

Ditto to all the listed annoying things, LOL However the phone rings are amusing. I wonder how the guy at the cattle auction can tell when it's his phone and when it's.....

As for websites that load slowly--on my dial up I sometimes have to right click on photos & select "show picture" because if the page takes too long to load the pictures time out & all I see are little red x's. When I right click to select 'show picture'--which does then load that photo so I can see it--if it happens to be one of those websites where someone has right click protected their site, guess what? I never do get to see those photos. A 'right click protected' message is one thing, but when I get a snarky message that indicates I am trying to STEAL the photos, that is really offensive. Don't be too stuck on your own importance, I'm not trying to steal anything, I'm only trying to SEE your photos (which should be the point of having them on a website--to allow the world to see them) but hey, that's okay, I'm actually okay with leaving that site and not coming back.
I like this a lot! haha! Very true!

Back