mini horse website woes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihri

Reaction score
The internet is a great place to promote our mini horses to the world and one of the best desisions I made was linking my website to Lil beginnings breeders connect. I had more visitors to my website and was pleased. I'd check the e-mail weekly but I did not know there was a problem until today. Here is the story of my website woe.

I created the website earlier this year to promote our new farm and our horses. I picked the best pictures we had and created the logo for our farm. Everthing seemed to be fine and was pleased with the look of our new website. I also wanted people to be able to contact us by email. So after creating an e-mail account for the farm I linked it to the website which was kind of challenging and thought there now people would be able to contact us. I did set up a counter which would tell me if someone had visited the website and after linking it with the breeders connect I noticed more people were viewing it and I'd check the e-mail nothing. Following week more viewers checked the e-mail again nothing. This went on for a few months until today. I was updating the computer and trying to make managing our e-mail accounts easier. While doing this it was pointed out to me that I had typo on the farms e-mail account. We checked the website and there everything was spelled correctly. So if anyone was trying to e-mail us through the website it would not go to our e-mail. I now wonder if anyone had e-mailed us and thought we hadn't bothered to respond to thier e-mail. If anyone did e-mail us I do apologize I did not relize there was a problem, I did not recieve your e-mail or I would've responded even if it was just to say Hi! So that is my website woe. I now relize that a simple difference can make a large impact on your websites results. DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!!! I think now I have everthing sorted out so if you do want to drop a little e-mail I sould get it now and I will respond.

Good to know you sorted everything out.

I love browsing websites!

There are three things I can share:

At times, it's been hard to find an email address in plain sight. They either forgot to put an email address, or they place it in a weird page deep into their site.

Second, I'm bothered by the ones who don't show photos of their horses for sale, instead they have a liner link to click on (usually the horses name). This step just seems to take up extra time to see the horse available. I usually get bored by it and move on.

Finally, I believe it's inappropriate to leave the price of a sold horse for everyone to view. Once sold, I feel it's a personal matter on behalf of the new owner. I kinda feel it's disrespectful. Just me I guess
default_wink.png

As for me, I don't have any website woes to report about my site. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I do get many nice comments about it, which is great! I really enjoy updating and adding fresh songs, videos, slide shows, etc. Plus, several friends, neighbors report checking up on my horses through our site, which is nice, too!

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back