Need to start a website and don't know how or where.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
I need to design a website for my crafts and artwork. I need to know a good, inexpensive host who has a super easy website builder that even a computer dummy like me can use. The website will have to have a shopping cart and paypal ready checkout.

I have a website for my training stable but only the front page is currently working. My former business partner designed it using Microsoft Publisher. Unfortunately, before she moved back to Georgia, she neglected to tell me how to update and upload new pages. I just can't get the darn thing to work for me!

Can anyone here talk me through it?

Much thanks!

Pat

My sister used this one for a while (I created her a website afterwards). She said it was fairly easy to use. Limits the amount of stuff you can post, but its a start.

http://www.ezshoppes.com/

I tried doing this a couple of years ago, gave up and got Jean Barnhill to do my website for me. She is not that expensive and well worth it as far as I was concerned! I am not computer illiterate actually but doing a website was beyond my comprehension with no one around to show me. I could not learn it on my own. Have since quit trying, I need updates (which I just got thru doing) I email them to Jean and she emails me back when they are completed very quickly too. Again, not that expensive. Good luck!

www.etsy.com?

Not really a website, per say, but increasing in popularity as a portal, and I know a lot of people browse through there.

Go look at

Justhost.com

default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Go look at Justhost.com

default_smile.png
I use them and I'm very pleased. I've never used their site building tools, but have been pretty pleased with server uptime, support (email tickets only) and all the bells & whistles. My main complaint with them is they do not offer dedicated hosting.
default_sad.png

I use fatcow.com, I only heard about justhost.com yesterday. They sound pretty good.
default_smile.png

Back