PLEASE... Make this change to your website.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C. Lunde

Reaction score
Please.. PLEASE! There should be a law against annoying website music, I do not need to be serenaded with whiny music while I browse through your sale page.. Hahahaha!!!

Had an incident today with new computer speakers where they were cranked 100% (without me knowing it of course) and I was browsing through some pages and darn near just about jumped out of my seat when the music loaded.. Scared me to death. So maybe I'm a little biased?
default_biggrin.png

And yes, I know. 'If you don't like it then just turn off your speakers', well, I usually have some music going on itunes too. Just can't win!

I have to agree that does scare me too when you don't expect it!!
default_yes.gif

Please.. PLEASE! There should be a law against annoying website music, I do not need to be serenaded with whiny music while I browse through your sale page.. Hahahaha!!!

Had an incident today with new computer speakers where they were cranked 100% (without me knowing it of course) and I was browsing through some pages and darn near just about jumped out of my seat when the music loaded.. Scared me to death. So maybe I'm a little biased?
default_biggrin.png

And yes, I know. 'If you don't like it then just turn off your speakers', well, I usually have some music going on itunes too. Just can't win!
LOL. Thats funny. Would have scared me too. I dont like music on websites either.

Marsha

default_gaah.gif
If I click on a site that has music, I immediately close it. Too annoying, and what YOU like may not be what *I* like! (And probably isn't!!
default_laugh.png
) Besides, with dial up it takes soooo long to load pages then!

There is one site I opened that started whinnying when I opened it- you wanna talk about STARTLED? :arg!

Could be worse... The one cattle buyer at the local yard, has his phone set on MOO! for a ringer.
default_new_shocked.gif

Okay, I think the "MOO" ring on the phone is cute, but I agree that the music on the web sites is enough to drive you bonkers.

I can recall many times over the years when I was looking for a secret addition to add to my special herd. I would browse on the laptop late at night, always a dead giveaway when a loud whinny, a rumbling galloping sound effect or music would blare over the speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep hate that too. Also went to one website where everytime I moved the mouse, stars followed it in a trail. Couldn't turn it off. Left the site, never been back!!

And PLEASE, don't set your site so that nobody can go back to the previous page. The Little Horse Barn and others do that, so one is stuck on their page until closing it. Makes me furious. I never return to a site which forces me to stay there until I close it.

Lizzie

I agree lol. hate it when I am listening to my own music and have to turn it off because I cant stand listening to web page music.

Granted, it's a short trip, but all of those things drive me insane!

I ended up turning off the sound and leaving it off after one too many websites with "You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings" played on a cheap electronic keyboard.

In all honesty, I have to admit that the ring tone my sister selected for my calls is a dog bark...but at least I don't have to hear it!

and... if you are trying to sneak a peek at a website while at work and you are in a "cubicle farm"... you can imagine how bad it is to click on a site and it plays "green acres" theme song... LOL. I keep my speakers off at work at all times now.
default_laugh.png

Music on a website is annoying not to mention more than a decade out of date. IF it was ever impressive, it was only for few months back in the early nineties
default_biggrin.png

Totally agree, but at least you can turn off the speakers with music. Drives me nuts when there is a little running horse, star explosions, banners of the farm name following the pointer around the page. I get off thoses sights right away and don't go back to them, even if they have a horse I am interested in. Just too annoying.
default_wacko.png

I have a "family" hosted website that I go to that has music on the front page only. It's so annoying and it takes twice as long to download the page.

However, for those of you that don't like the funny phone rings, I should warn you that mine whinnes. Yup, I was having trouble Hearing my phone until I got this one so I LIKE it!

I don't have speakers hooked up at the moment so I am oblivious to music on websites. If that is why certain websites load very slow on my dial up, well, if they are too slow I just go away & don't bother going back.

The little stars that follow the mouse were cute & amusing the first time I came across them, but after that....not so much. They become annoying very quickly.

As for websites that load slowly--on my dial up I sometimes have to right click on photos & select "show picture" because if the page takes too long to load the pictures time out & all I see are little red x's. When I right click to select 'show picture'--which does then load that photo so I can see it--if it happens to be one of those websites where someone has right click protected their site, guess what? I never do get to see those photos. A 'right click protected' message is one thing, but when I get a snarky message that indicates I am trying to STEAL the photos, that is really offensive. Don't be too stuck on your own importance, I'm not trying to steal anything, I'm only trying to SEE your photos (which should be the point of having them on a website--to allow the world to see them) but hey, that's okay, I'm actually okay with leaving that site and not coming back.

I sometimes have to right click on photos & select "show picture" because if the page takes too long to load the pictures time out & all I see are little red x's. When I right click to select 'show picture'--which does then load that photo so I can see it--if it happens to be one of those websites where someone has right click protected their site, guess what? I never do get to see those photos. A 'right click protected' message is one thing, but when I get a snarky message that indicates I am trying to STEAL the photos, that is really offensive. Don't be too stuck on your own importance, I'm not trying to steal anything, I'm only trying to SEE your photos (which should be the point of having them on a website--to allow the world to see them) but hey, that's okay, I'm actually okay with leaving that site and not coming back.
AMEN!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back