Pics of the two Sr mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

here we go! kyle and i just went out and took these. please excuse the mess but its bitter cold here. my stupid camera darkened all the pics i think because the snow is making it so bright out. Poor kandi kay you can see her great big pretty eyes

kandi kay. yep shes a chunk right now but honestly this is probably the lowest her weight has been since i bought her. oh and shes a blue roan pinto

kandikyle.JPG

kandi2.JPG

next is moonlight bay. ill have to do another post to finish. now you can see what i was saying about her being long from eye to muzzle. yep im honest about my horses LOL. but i love her body and neck set

moonkyle.JPG

Last edited:
moon3.JPG

and just for fun heres black messing around while we were out there. see noah in the back doing his job?

black2.JPG

Well, I thought Kandi Kay after the first set of pictures,

but after seeing this set of pictures,

I say Kandi Kay FOR SURE!!!!!!!!

Just my humble, nobody opinion though.

Overall, in general, for her height class, she will place more often.

I vote for Kandi isn't she the Bond Snippet mare? One thing that wasn't mentioned was MOVEMENT. How do they move?

yes kandi kay is bond snippet breeding. moonlight bay is Ltd x buckeroo.

I think carolyns right i love both these mares so much! Kim you know me i love big moving horses so they both move great but id have to say kandi kay is the bigger prettier mover.

After looking at these pics and trying to be objective i do think kandi kay is the one. I cant believe how much it helps to take pics and look at your horses instead of standing in the field. I just wish you could see her head better. she has such an expressive eye

carolyn i think you were right from the get go i just couldnt see it until now.

luckily for me i have small headed stallions so hopefully moonlight bay will give me a great foal someday.

yes.gif
They are darling. I love the color. Looks like they should stay warm during the winter and they have a nice place to play in the snow.

Pintos!!!!!!! Oh there beautiful.

I just love all your mini's lol. I just might steal one this summer
wink.gif
. Just kidding
wub.gif

Leeana

I love them both and can't really find fault with Moonlightbay, but Kandi Kay just has my vote. I love blue roans and blue roan pintos, plus I like having more color on my horses (not that you can tell from the two I own
rolleyes.gif
). Any way best of luck to you with either one you decide I'm sure they will both do very well.

i know these arent great pics to judge by. Sorry about that! thanks so much for the compliments. okay where are lyn and lisa i wanted to see what they thought
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Kay ..... Im here....been here....still chose Moonlight Bay.... I cant expalin it other than I like where her neck comes out a little better, true Kandi has a cuter head but im still saying that Moonlight will present very elegant. Her shoulder and hip are better to my eye at least..... Kandi is cute....but I think I still vote Moonlight.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Very cute fuzzies. I think Lyn's right, if you're thinking to show one of them, Moonlight Bay will do a little better.

Kandi Kay is just a little less "refined" looking, overall, and Moonlight has a nicer neckset from what I can see. Hard to tell, and I may be wrong, just my opinion.

Both really cute girls, though.

smile.gif

I envy you your snow!

Liz M.

If you could merge them into one horse, I wouldn't want to show against you!!!

My pick is the second one. The first mare has a prettier head, but all over, I like the second one a lot more with her long legs, etc. I do like them both, but I think the second one would make the better show mare.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Both are lovely girls........Kandi Kay would be my choice of the two if you were only able to pick one to show next year.

Just wanted to add a few more thoughts.

When a horse goes in, in my opinion, the first thing they see is the head. Will they look at Moonlight and be turned off? Just a question.

Second: Dona's overos, her girls, that she has shown, are refined like Moonlight and in their open classes they do not place high on a consistant basis's, and we all know how nice they are, plus one of them was with a very good trainer, and still pretty much the same results. I know it has been frustrating for Dona. Yes, they do place, but it is a hit or miss, and in my opinion it has been from all their color. I have stood at shows and listened to a lot of people comment on how her horse will win a class easy, but then they didn't. So my opinion is, if you show Moonlight, you are rolling the dice so to speak. But again, just my opinion. I like her, but what is your ultimate goal with this?

jill my friend and i have always joked that if we could "put together" a horse from parts man wed have an awesome horse LOL.

Getitia i can only show one as im trying to pick one to show as a senior mare. I want a horse in every age class so im not sitting. Moonlight will be 3 and kandi kay will be 4. Obviously moonlight bay would be much easier to fit and condition LOL. But i do think a lot of judges will hold that white head and pink eyes against her
sad.gif

The old thread i had said these two girls are two totally different types of mini. Kandi kay is definately more quarter horse style and moonlight the taller more refined type. Both i think are very correct just very different in type.

I really think kandi kays neck is set well but not as long as moonlights. HOpefully with conditioning youll be able to see it better

frankie i also watched donas horse show and she was breathtaking! but as you said she didnt place consistently and i totally attribute that to her overo color. And she had color on her head! I just hate that judges do that but its a fact of showing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back