Pics of new Buckskin-Dun pinto colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJMM6

Reaction score
Here is our last foal for this year. :aktion033: AMHA--AMHR CJMM Painted Nobel Spirit. He is a tiny buckskin-dun pinto with

silver blue eyes. Would he be considered a Dunskin?
default_unsure.png
: Just wondering. He is 6 days old here.

His sire is our Rockin K Grand Painted Illusion & the dam is Moss Grove Lightening Lady. Both are pintos :bgrin

I'm excited for next year already to see what our new stallion L&J Excessive Style produces.

He is our black & white homozygous pinto we bought from Marnie. :aktion033:

ecefb74c.jpg
ecefb6ad.jpg

ecefb6ed.jpg

Congratulations!

I think in big breeds, a buckskin dun can be correctly called a "dun skin", but who knows with minis!

The color is one of my favorites, though... I have a little buckskin pinto dun mare coming here from Erica next summer or fall.

He's a cutie for sure and so little looking!!!

champagne.gif

After looking at pics of his sire he looks to be a black bay.

That said then he can not be a buckskin.

I think he is either a bay pinto, or a black pinto.

Congrats he sure is a cutie! So is mom and very proud looking.

once again your colt is a lil cutie, but i have come back to this post two or three times to look at mom...she is absolutely STUNNING!! her sorrel color is so deep and rich! i love them both! an amazing little pair you got there.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Will

His sire could be a smokey black. The only way you will know is to have your baby color tested.

Regardless of color, he is just too cute! CONGRATS!

Thank you all for the compliments.
default_smile.png
Daddy doesn't have the cream gene but Moma carries the gene.

We are very proud of this little guy. It will be a shame to sell him. :no: But someone else will love him too.

My friend once told me, you have to sell some of the best ones, you can't keep them all. :new_shocked:

Thanks again, cjmm6

The mother can not have the cream gene. If she did she would be a palomino and not a sorrel.

In my personal opinion, the sire looks very much like a smokey black and I believe Ashley is correct in saying that the mare doesn't have the cream gene or she would have been a palomino as I believe cream always expesses itself to some degree. Again, I'm not an expert, just what I believe I understand.

When looking at a foals colour it is alwasy best to take the easiest option first.

The Dam does not "carry" Cream, Red cannot do this.

The sire looks Bay to me.

Thus the foal cannot be Buckskin.

The mare however can easily be Red Dun- her markings would cover the dorsal.

So the foal can be Dun.

If you test the foal for Cream you will know for sure but he just looks Dun to me.

Pretty boy, congratulations.

Thank you all for the compliments.
default_smile.png
Daddy doesn't have the cream gene but Moma carries the gene.

We are very proud of this little guy. It will be a shame to sell him. :no: But someone else will love him too.

My friend once told me, you have to sell some of the best ones, you can't keep them all. :new_shocked:

Thanks again, cjmm6

Others have already mentioned that a Sorrel/Chestnut horse cannot "carry" the creme gene....but I was curious as to why you feel she does? Has she produced palominos or buckskins? If so, what color was the sire she was bred to....that has to be where the creme gene came from.
default_yes.gif
:

and BTW......that little guy is dripping with ADORABLE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back