I think I'm in LOVE.... and its a COLT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
This foaling season got off to a great start with a tiny blue-eyed buckskin pinto filly sired by our own "Allure's Mercedes Reign Of Fury" who's now owned by Melody Cooper and out of "Allure Ranch Rowdys Exquisite Dream" daughter of "First Knights Dream Come True".

430432_3479383903577_1240653448_3526449_1015843812_n.jpg

Then the excitement of our first 2012 "I Blue By U Of Lilac Lane" foal came to pass on March 14th when our mare "Hallmarks Boomers Bianca" presented us of a fabulous colt. Sadly enough he passed away on March 28th when we rushed him to the vet due to unknown causes. Needless to say I was extremely heartbroken by the loss.

R.I.P.

547731_3541628699658_1240653448_3555742_1282987693_n.jpg

However, there was a renewed hope on April 3rd when our own "Allure Ranch Spirits Grand Illusion" daughter of "Hallmarks Boomers Bianca" & "Marystown Cowboy Wild Spirit" presented us with a fantastic colt. I'm so pleased with this little guy. He's everything that we had hoped for with our cross between "Spirit" and "Blue". I'm truly excited to watch this colt develop....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtF89VDtNPM

Last edited by a moderator:
He's beautiful Kimberle! I can see why you are so crazy over him. But all of your horses are lovely, so he should be no surprise to any of us.

Congratulations!

Very nice, your colt is exceptional. Is he a liver chestnut or is he some shade of bay? Hard to tell if the legs are slightly darker or not.

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a spunky little darling!

Carolyn, this colt looks to be a chestnut, but the reason he is so dark in color is because he is going to grey out, and the greys are born a very dark (adult type) color, vs the creamier points that non-grey newborns exhibit.

I'm in LOVE with that Liver colored colt ! Nice conformation

So sorry about the colt that you lost but the little filly and other colt are both stunning. Congrats!

Your absolutely correct Mona.... He'll grey out like his sire.
Don't you mean he'll grey out like his dam??

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I was mixed up trying to piece together his parents. I thought in this topic when you said, "our own "Allure Ranch Spirits Grand Illusion" daughter of "Hallmarks Boomers Bianca" & "Marystown Cowboy Wild Spirit" presented us with a fantastic colt.", that he was out of a grey mare and sired by your "Cowboy Wild Spirit" stallion, but I guess that is this colt's maternal grandsire?? Regardless, he is a beauty!

Sorry about the other colt too, he was sooo pretty.

Yes, he'll grey out like both his parent Blue and Illusion....

Thank you.... for the compliments. I'm pretty pleased with all our babies.

He is a very nice colt- so sorry for the loss of the red colt.. he really caught my eye.

Beautiful foals, congrats and sorry about the loss of your little colt he was a little stunner too

Latest posts

Back