PHOTOS OF WYNDARRA PARK'S MARE- In foal???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Here are the photos of her mare....
default_wink.png
: This helps ALOT Wyndarra Park... :bgrin

These are RECENT PHOTOS!

I personally dont see a foal in there?
default_unsure.png
: Especially one that would be due now?
default_unsure.png
:

So... IMHO... I dont feel she is in Foal...
default_smile.png
I COULD BE WRONG!
default_yes.gif
:

OPINIONS PLEASE! :bgrin

2006-12-2910-31-57_0012-1.jpg

2006-12-3118-02-58_0002.jpg

2006-12-3118-03-58_0006.jpg

2006-12-3118-03-46_0005.jpg

2006-12-3118-07-04_0011.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone! :bgrin

Jeri

Last edited by a moderator:
While mares can sure fool you I really dont think this mare looks ready to foal at all. I am not seeing her bagged up or any wax at all in these pics. I am wondering if she is having a mild colic episode to explain her rolling, laying down, and uncomfortable behavior

One thing to remember is that most mares who have had foals before, you can or at least with my mares almost always get some "fluid" from them even when they are not in foal.

there is obviously something going on with her so I would keep an eye on her like I said she could be a sneaky one but if mine her foaling would not come to my mind at this point.

Last edited:
Phew! :bgrin I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.
default_wink.png
:

I am also thinking possible mild colic issues possible as well !

Please keep a close eye out on this mare...like someone said earlier they can fool you!
default_yes.gif
:

I also posted these pictures in the topic posted by her.... HELP- Mare bagging up...

Jeri

whats curious to me is that if she is scanned by a vet, surley they could detect a heartbeat? or see any type of skeletal tissue.......im hoping for a good ending .....really i am this is a tough one

Have these pictures been moved? I just show a red X where the pic should be. thanks.

I can't see the photos either so cannot comment on how the mare "looks".

My first thought was something else going on with this mare, either mild colic or a problem with calcium deficiency. The muscle tremors/spasms caused by calcium deficiency can make the mare appear to be going into labor. Calcium deficiency also has different stages, so it will cause labor-like symptoms, then pass into another stage where it looks more like mild discomfort, possible colic. I'm not sure how common it would be for this to occur early in pregnancy, but it's something I'd be considering if this were my mare.

One of our mares recently had an episode of spasmodic gas colic - and if I had not known for a FACT that she was not pregnant - I would have thought she was going into labour from her behaviour. She would even push with her back legs when she went down - that must have been some big gas bubble(s)! All she ended up delivering after some walking and Banamine.... was a series of cow pies.... :lol:

So the point of my tale - is that a colic can look like labour...
default_yes.gif
:

I can't see any pictures, but keep ulcers in mind for a horse acting colicky.....that is always a possibility and often overlooked.

Charlotte

No bag, no "bump- why would she think the mare was in foal??

It aborted, didn't it??

Has the Vet been called out to her- it seems to me she is in spasmodic colic.

When she aborted and lost her foal was she cleaned out? Could be she has a low grade infection and perhaps a bit of an ulcer. Do ask your vet to look into this.

Doesn't look like she's expecting a foal. I'd probably have the vet out again just to be sure she doesn't have an infection going.

Latest posts

Back