perlino, palomino and cremello foals after birth photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
hello,

could you please share you photos of perlino, palomino and cremello foals at birth so we can see the difference. Does cremello and perlino always have blue eyes? Also pictures of the perlino and cremello eyes at birth would be great

thanks

I've only had a palomino born here so far. I have a Palomino mare bred to a Buckskin stallion so I'm betting I get a dilute foal of some sort :bgrin

This is my Palomino mini mule, Wylie

wylie12.jpg

You can see she has a white mane here

wylie17.jpg

what color do you all this colt is? some folks say palomino others say perlino or maybe cremello. he was born today march 28, 2007

100_2884.jpg

100_2928.jpg

100_2929.jpg

100_2849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a little cutie. What color are the parents? It takes a dilute gene from both parents to get a double dilute foal. Palominos are often born a light sorrelly color. I've not seen double dilute foals in person, so don't really know. Many foals are born with blue eyes that turn dark with age. Sorry, I can't be more help.

his sire is a palomino and white pinto(amha has him as a dun and white pinto) dam is a sorrel and white pinto(her dam is a red roan and sire is a brown and white pinto.)the mare has white hair in her sorrel hairs.

thanks everyone.

I am going to say PALOMINO (and adorable little pinto one at that) due to the fact that one parent was sorrel which wouldn't have a dilute gene to make the baby double-dilute. AND the nose doesn't look pink, cremellos have completely pink skin everywhere, no grey skin.

I think the blue eyes came from the pinto genes!

Andrea

He is a palomino (or pally pinto if there are white markings present).

Pally x sorrel (or chestnut) always = either pally or sorrel (chestnut).

Here are some of my dilute babies
default_smile.png
All have the same sire, a buckskin.

Cracker, palomino (light):

honeyfoal20112004.jpg

Leggs (half sister to Cracker, also light palomino - note pink skin on face and bluish eyes - these change over about 1-2 weeks):

lilhoney1.jpg

Latte - Cremello:

lattefoal.jpg

And last but not least, Chino, a Smokey Cream (double dilute on black, not the same as Perlino):

chino2.jpg

Chino looks neat... do you have any recent pics of him? (unless he was jsut born this year I guess... in which case, does anyone have any adult photos of double dilute on black?)

**I would love to see photos of Chino as he matures too. I don't see too many smoky creams.

The first two are half brothers from our perlino stallion

JACK (palomino 1hr old) -

jack_5-10-05.JPG

ARTIE (Perlino) -

artie_2_05-06-04.jpg

Sire x dam palomino

IMPRESSIVE (Cremello)

impressive_cat.jpg

Sire bay pinto x dam palomino

DASH (Palomino pinto 25 minutes old)

dash_5-1-02_10.jpg

Yes, perlino and cremello foals always have ice blue (not dark blue) eyes as well as pink skin.

Looking at the pictures of your colt, his skin has a liver color cast to it and I have seen that on foals (including a silver chestnut sabino I bred) and have seen that skin color darken over time often to black
default_smile.png

Here are my "newborn" examples of a perlino and a palomino:

Erica's Double Dipped, 2004 perlino pinto filly

infinitybaby1.jpg

infinitybaby2.jpg

infinitybaby4.jpg

Triple H Derby Day Miracle, 2000 palomino colt [SIZE=8pt](grew to be light -- last picture shows the change)[/SIZE]

baby%20picture%20Derby_1.jpg

Dakotah_2.jpg

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20May%2010,%202004%20037.jpg

anyone have palomino pinto foals so show us.

do you think my colt could have any white hiding under his fur to make him a pinto palomino or do you think he is a solid palomino.

thanks

I think your boy is solid palomino.

From what I have seen, regarding white markings (not counting appy situations) you can see ALL the white markings on foals head and body at birth. The only place that can be confusing on young foals would be the lower legs, which often look lighter but darken to the body color. Sometimes it can be hard to see if they will have socks or not when they are brand new.

Melissa,

Here is my palomino pinto filly from last year at 2 hours old and then at 3 weeks.

Susan O.

lastdanceandcallie2hrs.jpg

lastdanceandcallie3weeks.jpg

Melissa,
Here is my palomino pinto filly from last year at 2 hours old and then at 3 weeks.

Susan O.

lastdanceandcallie2hrs.jpg

lastdanceandcallie3weeks.jpg
what a nice looking filly. I would have love to had a palomino and white filly.Congrats.

thanks everyone for the photos.

Here are pics of 2 palomino foals born here. They are both actually palomino roan pintos.

This is "Goldie". Sire is a buckskin roan, dam is a black pinto....

Shown here at birth:

goldienb.jpg

And here at 3 days:

goldie3days.jpg

And here at 3 months(freshly clipped so poor color):

goldie3months.jpg

This is "Treasure". Same sire as Goldie...buckskin roan, and dam is a sorrel sabino/tobiano pinto...

Shown here at birth:

treasurenb.jpg

And here at 6 days:

treasure6days.jpg

And here at 3 months:

treasure3months.jpg

This is a cremello pinto filly (2006):

3 hours, she had bright blue eyes right from the start.

GrasscornersEmblemsElegance003.jpg
GrasscornersEmblemsElegance014.jpg

3 days

GrasscornersEmblemsElegancecreme-27.jpg

1 year

GrasscornersEmblemsElegancecreme-19.jpg

Palomino appaloosa colt (2005):

3 hours:

miniatuurpaardhengstveulentjeKissandra039.jpg
miniatuurpaardhengstveulentjeKissandra006.jpg

3 months:

AConfettiKissminipferd045.jpg

6 months:

juniorclinicMHCEBoekel15-10-05011.jpg

1 year:

AConfettiKissminipferdminipaardje00.jpg

This is the latest/best pic I have of Chino. It was taken 17 January. I'll keep updating his pics as he grows
default_smile.png
:

chinofirstshow2a.jpg

All I can say is........that Chino continues to fascinate me! Please keep posting color updates on him! (He also has some good conformation qualities on him - especially for performance, not to mention his pretty head! .....want to see how stuff matures out on him!)

Has anyone brought up the word -- Champagne to you? I don't know a lot about that color, but if he has some "freckles" on certain parts of his body, and at least one of his parents show similar traits, that may be something to learn more about........

MA

Back