PAYPAL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostedpineminis

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering how many of you use paypal, do you think it is safe and do you have a limit as to how much you will put through, just in case?

I use it and I've actually had my paypal account compromised and someone used it to make purchases. Paypal caught it quickly, before I did, and they rectified the situation swiftly and without any issue or work on my part. All of my money was promptly returned. Because of that, I still use it without worry, though I've toughened up my passwords.

I've used it for years without ever any problems. I did have my ebay account hacked once, but never my paypay. I've used it for ebay and general internet purchases, I've even used it to send personal money to family when they needed it quickly.

I'm with Sonya, I have used it for years and (knock on wood) things have been fine. To make it super safe I opened an account at a bank near my house just for paypal. So if I do get hacked it's not out of our bill money!
default_yes.gif

I have used it for years also, no problems. I also have a paypal only bank account, for added security.

I've used it for over ten years, I think. Never had a problem, but what I would caution is that if someone sends you money as payment for something, transfer it right away to your bank! this is what I was told to do. that way, your bank can notify you if for some reason the sender didn't have the funds in their bank to cover the payment to you. You probably don't have to do that, but I do. As soon as I receive money via Paypal, (which I often use for horses I've sold), it gets transferred right to my checking account. Then, if a week goes by and I don't hear anything, I figure the money transfer was good and I'll release the horses or their papers.

I used it for about ten years, but was scammed out of money by bait-and-switch eBay auctions, plus I had a friend loose several thousand to a fake horse seller. I haven't used it in years and will hopefully never use them again. NOT safe against scam.

Back