Pacemakers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seashells

Reaction score
My mother got one this week. It's St.Jude brand. Anyone wish to share good/challenging experiences? Any advise you wish to share? Your help/support appreciated...

Sorry, I don't have any information to share! My daughter is 8 now, and will probably be getting a pacemaker in a few years, but for now we are just plugging along without it. My friend's son is also 8 and he has one - so most of the information I have is with regards to kids. I doubt your mother will be jumping in any bounce houses or exploring a trampoline - two no-nos for kids because they seem to be the most frequent cause of breaking the wires.

Good luck, and I hope the pacemaker helps your mother.

Barbara

Sorry, I don't have any information to share! My daughter is 8 now, and will probably be getting a pacemaker in a few years, but for now we are just plugging along without it. My friend's son is also 8 and he has one - so most of the information I have is with regards to kids. I doubt your mother will be jumping in any bounce houses or exploring a trampoline - two no-nos for kids because they seem to be the most frequent cause of breaking the wires.

Good luck, and I hope the pacemaker helps your mother.

Barbara
Thank you Barbara, So far, so good.

I'm amazed to learn children are getting them so young. I learned a friends daughter had one put in a few months ago, and she's only 7 years old. She can't play like her siblings do (gymnastics, sports, etc)...but has just started guitar lessons.

Thanks again!

My sister in law had one put in last summer and was back to work with in two weeks, I was amazed. don't know what brand it was, but she is awesome.

My mother had one for the last 10 yers of her life. She did great and it worked well. Of course it didn't slow her down, the stroke she suffered before it was put in did. There are different types of pacemakers that do different things.

Be sure that the type, brand, model number and serial number are on a card where you can find it if needed. I can't tell you how many times I had to give that information to doctors.

Cherish the time it will allow you to have with your mother that she may not have had without it.

Mary

My mother had one for the last 10 yers of her life. She did great and it worked well. Of course it didn't slow her down, the stroke she suffered before it was put in did. There are different types of pacemakers that do different things.

Be sure that the type, brand, model number and serial number are on a card where you can find it if needed. I can't tell you how many times I had to give that information to doctors.

Cherish the time it will allow you to have with your mother that she may not have had without it.

Mary
Mary, thank you for the advice. I do have the model and serial number on hand. She is doing so well. She got it because her heart beats all over the place, and very very very very 15 beats low while sleeping. So pace maker is in, heart is doing well, she's looks great. Thanks again for you advice and kind reminder to cherish her. Have a great evening
default_smile.png

My sister in law had one put in last summer and was back to work with in two weeks, I was amazed. don't know what brand it was, but she is awesome.
Terry, great knowing your sister in law is doing so well with her pace maker. (Nice to hear how well others respond.) Thanks for sharing!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back