Outstanding Miniature Mares...past and present

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
I just recieved my copy of "Outstanding Miniature Mares Past and Present" today in the mail :aktion033: :aktion033:

we are so excited :new_shocked: :new_shocked: as, two of our mares are listed in it...Thank Pat Elder for giving us this honor!!

And, a :saludando: BIG congratulations to all the other Mare owners that have been included in this fantastic book....many of our forum family here have their cherished girls included
default_yes.gif
: beautiful mares everyone!!

Pat...hats off again for creating yet another fantastic piece of Miniature history...I can't put it down! Thank you so much
default_yes.gif
: I can't imagine the amount of work that went into putting this book together!!!

Lis

Hi Lis,

I am soooo jealous -- I can't wait to get mine. Looking at all those beautiful mares who give so much to our breed truly brings tears to my eyes. After all, THEY are the ones who literally lay down their lives to give birth so that we may enjoy the horses that we do.

Lucky you ! ! !

Stac

I cant wait to see it. To be honest I dont remember if my mare is in it or not. We discussed it and I told her while she was a Res national champion halter horse.. the truth is there was only 3 in the class and I didnt want to misrepresnt or deter from what she was trying to do or the integrity of her book. (and Pat was wonderful and said she appreciated the honesty)
default_yes.gif
:

The mare did top ten in all but one of her halter classes for 3 years so I think she said that she might use her.. I know she told me the end result I just don't remember. So it will be a big surprise for me :aktion033:

And Stacy I totally agree with you.. I am so well this sounds corny but so grateful to my mares for allowing me to share such an intimate experience with them

ya ya i know laugh and giggle what can I say sometimes I am really a sap
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Heh Lisa - We "saps" are good - our mares deserve our attention during that special time.

Stac

Hey what is this magazine? Please more information? Is this AMHR? How do we get a

copy? Help!! please

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

I didn't know it was out yet - need to order a copy, one of our girls is in there too!

Jan

Vicky, it is a book of outstanding mares that Pat Elder has compiled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stac,

I love your mare Mountain Meadows Summer Rose thats in the book...what a woman!!!!...you know I drool over your breeding program!! One day...one day I might be so lucky to have one of your horses
default_wub.png
: cause you know I love a beautiful big moving horse!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

And, I agree...our girls give so much...my heart is always with them!!!!!

lis

Heh Lis,

No need to put me up on a pedastal - I am such a clod I will just fall off -- you and your breeding program are just as successful as mine - those Dickens kids are really fancy - someday we will need to entwine and see what comes of it.

S

Hi Vicky...you can go right to www.smallhorse.com and order it right from their website....it just took a couple days to receive it. they are wonderful to order from.

The cost was 24.95.....its a fantastic book of over 300 miniature mares from 32 states and 8 countries....it really is a history lesson....just wonderful!!!

Pat Elder has also released a book last year called Outstanding Miniature Stallions Past and Present...also, a must have book.... we were also very honored to have our Stallion Dickens included in that one as well.

I have loved reading that from cover to cover and, still use it to reference from time to time

enjoy

lis

Congratulations to everyone with a mare in this book! I got mine the other day, and then my mother promptly "stole" it from me, LOL. I did recongize several Forum members' horses!

I'm proud to say we have a mare in that book!

Oh Stac....thank you for the kind words...it would be a honor to do some "entwining"
default_wub.png
:

I know of some Dickens daughters that some day will need a husband :bgrin to love on
default_wink.png
:

lis

Thanks for the reminder - I meant to order that book a few weeks ago. I believe we have a couple of mares in there as well.

I'm so glad Pat put together something to honor the mares as they're so important to all of us and have definitely contributed their rightful share.

It's a great book - anyone who hasn't ordered it yet should. It pays tribute to the girls, who for unknown reasons never get the same credit as the stallions. When you think of their contribution to the breed -- who carries these kids and most importantly, imprints their behaviors on the foals -- i think we need to pay a lot more thanks to the mares.

We have 3 mares in the book - 2 of whom are no longer with us. How nice to have them immortalized for posterity?

I have got to get it ordered as well so I can see all the beautiful mares. I had six mares who were lucky enough to get included in this great book Pat put together. Can't wait to get mine in either.

Congratulations Lisa for getting your mare in!! And also to Erica, 6..wow that is impressive! I can't wait to see the book.

Lisa: I tried pming you but it says your inbox is full.

I didn't know it was available already!! I've got to order my copy right now! Congrats to everyone with a mare in it. I look forward to seeing some forum members horses. I should have one in there, NFCS Painted Desert.

I got mine too, what a wonderful book! I read it cover to cover, picking out all the mares I wish I owned :bgrin

My favourite mare we own, Vanace Lilliput, is in the book, one of the 17 "dams of distinction" which was such an honor.

I have two girls in the book. When the book arrived it felt like Christmas...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back