Our Results From Pacific Crown Show....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin G Farm

Reaction score
We had a great show as well...and it was WONDERFUL seeing everyone. Our first day was stallion classes...we had a yearling colt (Elvis) who made huge improvements since his first show last month. He actually stood still...let me place his feet...stretched and gave me ears...at his first show he screamed the entire time...I don't know that he stood still for even 5 seconds...and at one point he even reared and struck at me...so this was 100% better even though he didn't place great. Then we brought our senior stallion Bonsai...ONLY because my mother in law (countryrose) wanted me to bring him out and show him off a little. He really has never been shown...we've not really done anything with him...he's just been out breeding mares. He actually did well...we had a little chain breaking incident of course right as we were supposed to go in class...but he stood...I got neck/ears...and we placed alright. A friend of mine also convinced me to do liberty with him...which of course he's never done...but I think he was hearing "talk" from other horses about the class because we barely made it to the arena without him bouncing around like a silly boy (which ne normally doesn't do)...he was actually very fun to watch...he used the whole arena...both ways...bucked and kicked and put on a good show...unforunately he didn't trot...didn't let me catch him...and then he rolled...LOL...silly boy...
default_wub.png
:

Saturday was mare classes. I have a yearling filly in training with Annette at HHP...so she brought her over. She looks beautiful and did very well...2 reserve junior champion...1 junior champion...2 reserve grands...and 1 grand. She didn't place in Supreme but we were just glad we made it into the class. Here is a picture of her:

ziva26-2-07.jpg

I also have a 2 year old I'm showing...she did alright as well...she loves to show off and couldn't have done any better for me. Can't remember her placings but they weren't too bad.

Then onto my driving mare...she was supposed to be in class Friday but she acting right so I scratched her class. Saturday she had 2 classes...roadster and ladies pleasure...I asked Annette to show pleasure for me and she did great...I believe she got 2 1sts and a 3rd for her. Well before that we had roadster...and we had an AWESOME drive...as we were lined up the judges all were coming over and looking at my mare's mouth...apparently she had red foam so they thought she bit her tongue...and unfortunately since they couldn't say for sure what she did they DQ'd me...of course after telling me how sorry they were and that she would have taken the class...dang it. So I'm just not a happy camper...not because I got DQ'd but because my horse is bleeding and I feel HORRIBLE for her...I don't want her to be hurt :no: So out to the warm-up arena we go to check her out...my hubby can't find ANYTHING...now here comes the dumbest thing EVER...so hubby asks...did you feed her anything before class...oops...as I was harnessing her...she was into everything...so I gave her a strawberry twizzler....so she was foaming twizzler....we smelled the crusty red on her lip and sure enough...strawberry....so let's just say I won't be doing that again! I did tell the judges...they got a good laugh out of it too I think
default_yes.gif
: So because we were DQ'd we couldn't go into the stakes class on Sunday without going into another roadster class...so fortunately there was one...and we got 3 1sts:) She also had another pleasure class before stakes Sunday...she got 3 1sts in that also. By pleasure stakes she was being a little grumpy...so she got 2 3rds and a 2nd...and our final class was roadster stakes...we got 3 1sts again
default_wub.png
: So overall she was doing very well...and I want to thank Annette again for driving her for me...I told her she can drive her any time she'd like...I just want to drive roadster!

So it was a good show...it was nice the classes ended at a decent time Saturday and last night also. It was also good seeing a lot of amateurs showing!

Thanks for letting me share
default_wub.png
:

Tracy

Oh my goodness Tracy, I completely missed that incident! :new_shocked: :eek: What a riot, if a bit unfortunate from an exhibitor's perspective. At least the judges did their jobs and eliminated a horse they felt had been blooded. Really, that's a positive thing as far as the breed goes. Annoying for you though in this case since it was only an unfortunate choice in snack! :eek:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

If it was that lovely buckskin mare I saw you and Annette driving, man, she's classy.
default_wub.png
:

Thank you so much for videoing my liberty go, I really appreciated it. And it came out great! It was also nice to meet Annette, she's very friendly and I enjoyed talking with her and seeing all her wonderful liberty horses.

Leia

Leia...I actually was WAY more concerned with what was wrong with my mare...I too was happy the judges were doing their job...and at least they told me how I would have placed :bgrin I'm just incredibly happy she wasn't hurt....and believe me...we were having a HUGE laugh over the whole incident! And yes...Cat is my buckskin mare...I just adore her
default_wub.png
:

No problem...I'm glad the video turned out OK...I'm video-challenged so I was hoping I wouldn't screw it up!

Annette is wonderful...very nice and helpful and hopefully she had a good time driving Cat as well:)

wow, Tracy, you did really well. I was unable to look up from Pyro at all as he was being wayyy worse than your Elvis boy sounds like he ever was with his boxing attacks at me (this is a new development, he was actually better behaved at Sea Tac, which was his first show).

I did overhear something about the Twizzler incident and am sorry that happened that way, but also glad the judges are watching. At least you can laugh about it, now!

default_smile.png

It was great seeing you and your beautiful horses.

Congratulations!!!

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on all your placings!

The Twizzler Incident has me giggling.
default_smile.png

I think I saw your filly at Emerald Valley... she sure is a looker
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Kari

I'm sorry Tracy, but I am still getting giggles over the Twizzler incident. Have to admit, it was funny. Unfortunate but funny.

Thank you for letting me drive Cat, she is an awesome mare and has so much potential. It will be a pleasure to drive her anytime you want me to. I loved it. She was a bit of a putz in the stakes class but we will work through that as well.

Ziva is a beautiful filly and am glad she did well. I was very happy with her.

Leia, it was nice to meet you too. Funny how we recognize each others horses and then figure out who we are by that. YOu had a good show and glad you came

Tracy, congrats on your show, good job and keep up the good work. Thanks for giving me the reins on both your girls. Makes my job easy.

Oh Tracy I am so happy you guys did so well. I have to say twizzler incident is funny but unfortunate. I know you will remember carrots instead. LOL. I have never heard of that happening before but hey there's a first for everything.

Congratulations on your wins!

Don't worry Annette...I'll be laughing about the "twizzler incident" for a REALLY long time...I think Vince will probably ban twizzlers or maybe just red candy in general! And really...any time you want to drive Cat...you're more than welcome to...it's nice being able to sit back and watch her...she really just takes my breath away when she's on her game.

Kari - yep...Ziva was in Elma and Oregon...thanks for the compliment...we're very excited to have one we bred out there showing well thanks to Annette! Hopefully she'll do just as well at regionals in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again everyone...hopefully I can get some more pictures from the show soon!

Tracy

Latest posts

Back