Our new puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice

Reaction score
P1010006.jpg

This is Zoey she is a mini Doberman pincher. We are not getting her ears cropped. Alice

Adorable! Congratulations! Just remember that your pup is a Miniature Pinscher and there's no Doberman in her, unless she is actually an undersized (not of breed standard) Doberman Pinscher. The two breeds are not related.
default_wink.png
:

She's a cutie for sure!!! Wow...and here I thought the Mini Pinschers had long tails.

Sterline: Min. Pins. are born with tails and they are sometimes docked and their ears cropped at a young age.

[SIZE=10pt]Oh she is absolutely adorable!! Congrats! What did you name her?[/SIZE]

Lori

She is sweet but I am confused as to her breed- don't tell me, PLEASE, that they are breeding "miniature" Dobes now????

Jane- It's fairly common in the states to hear people calling Minature Pinschers "Miniature Dobermans." Notice that in my first post I pointed out that unless this pup is actually an undersized (out of breed standard) Doberman, he is in fact a Miniature Pinscher, with no Doberman in him. I think it's confusing for many that while we have Toy, Miniature and Standard Poodles, Miniature, Standard and Giant Schnauzers, etc., Miniature Pinschers and Doberman Pinschers aren't related even though they might look similar except in size.
default_wacko.png
: Of course, there are also those who breed for "Giant" or "Royal" (out of standard) sized Poodles, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Malamutes, etc. and now Toy and Miniature Austrailian Shepherds, so it's really no wonder the average dog lover gets confused!

Last edited by a moderator:
awww, I know this is post has probley died by now, but she is precious. I have a 2 year old Female Miniature Pinscher. Like Mininik stated, I wanted to add, that the Miniature Pinscher is actually an older breed than the Doberman.

how cute! glad you are not docking the ears... personally i like the floppy ones
default_wub.png
: we had dibs on a female from a friend's litter and they had ALL BOYS... so we ended up with Hannah our rat terrier instead. what did you name your little cutie?

Alice, Zoey is very sweet and how about if that's all you have to "remember"
default_wink.png
: congratz and have fun with her!

Is tail docking legal in the states? It is very illegal here in Australia, although some breeders are still doing it. I must say that it is hard getting used to boxers with long tails!

Congratulations on your new puppy! I just picked up my new 7 month old french bulldog yesterday and so far, he has been a dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
She is sweet but I am confused as to her breed- don't tell me, PLEASE, that they are breeding "miniature" Dobes now????
LOL Jane! No....like Nicole said......no relation. They are great dogs. Have had a few and they are extremely smart and loving.

Your puppy is darling! Good luck with her!

Carol

It still just blows my mind that someone can come on here and want to show off a new pet, because they are so proud and the bickering and nit picking starts :eek:

Alice, I think your little baby is a doll and I especially like the undocked ears.
default_yes.gif
: I do not care for the docked ears, one of these days I plan on getting a boxer and I do not want the ears docked. Just something more loveable about floppy ears.
default_wub.png
: She is a cutie for sure! Congratulations :aktion033:

default_wub.png
: Wook at dat witto face! She'll just have to grow into that collar, won't she!

Latest posts

Back