Our little "misracle boy"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne

Reaction score
Some of you know that our JoJo has been a "puzzle" She was quite obese and the weight has not ever come off easily. We tested her for thyroid and had a reproductive exam, because she was difficult to settle or the one time she did since she came to live with us she aborted at 8 months, and was sooo sad.

I had found that she had registered foals in the past on the "studbook" and had consulted with the vet. We had decided that JoJo might not be a mom, though she loved the other babies when they arrived and was a wonderful babysitter.

We worked to get her weight down and had given up and let her winter last year with her "boy buddy" they get along so well and really like each other.

Well JoJo didn't come into heat all summer and I started watching and worrying, my first thought was that she was just done even "cycling" though she is just 12, perhaps there was something going on we just didn't know about.

My other concern was that the progress we had made on her weight seem to disappear though she didn't look as bad as she had previously.

Well we had a big "move" to make this fall and the week before we were to move I discovered that she was "bagging up". Man now I was really concerned. But move we did and she came right along. We watched carefully with no idea of when she was really due.

I looked for a vet couldn't find anyone who would come out, until Monday this last week, whew!

But it seems that all the worry was totally unnecessary, On Wed, eveing about 8:30 pm JoJo delivered a healthy handsome son in a textbook delivery, 12 minutes from the first push, The little guy was up and nursing enthusiastically within the hour. JoJo was nickering and licking him for about 4 hours, she is so happy and proud.

Here's the little guy

Havencrofts Heart of Fire pending of course.

HeartofFire1.jpg

HeartofFire6.jpg

He's under a heater and wrapped in a blanket right now, but doing super,

our first foal in our new home in Westby WI.

Anne

Oh, I'm green with envy! What a beautiful baby! This time of year is hard and I start going through "baby withdrawal". Thanks for sharing yours. Linda

He's just beautiful and so healthy looking! What a Christmas present. Love the mare. Hearty congratulations. Maxine
aktion033.gif

AWWWW he is cute!

I love his white legs!!

RNR
wub.gif

Congratulations . What a handsome colt. Glad all went well and so nice to see a baby this time of year.
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

What a cutie. I must say though, I am a little bit freaked out now....we have a similar mare that has been obese looking for a few months. We were convinced our young (2 year old) stallion had managed to breed her. The vet did all the same tests - even a pg test (neg, though she did tell me on minis they can be frequently wrong) other blood tests, thyroid, etc. and the vet proclaimed her healty but FAT. She has been dieting and exercising for a few months and looks and feels even fatter now. NOT just from winter hair.

I'm going to keep a much closer eye on her "just in case". I'd be terrified of having a baby let alone a winter baby and making sure it stayed warm and healthy and all.

What a WONDERFUL outcome. These little ones can be frustrating at times
wacko.gif
, but boy, when they do well, they do us SOOOOO proud
yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on your 'miracle' boy, he's just gorgeous. What a fantastic christmas pressie too
biggrin.gif

saludando.gif
Nicole

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" on your new little man!

He is adorable!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! Awesome! I'm so happy for her to have her own baby to love and happy for you too! They are a pretty pair! I'm puting him down in the 2005 foal count!

Is he a pinto?

Congrats on your new baby!!! He sure is cute annd Momma looks very proud.

He's beautiful and no problems so lucky.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back