Our Latest Project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
I just thought I would share my exciting news
default_smile.png
We recently bought a small house in the city. It is a true fixer upper but is in a GREAT neighborhood and is actually a very cute house. It is so nasty inside though. We were able to primer the front rooms today and I am going to start painting tomorrow. The house was built in 1920. Here are a few pictures of the beginning. I will keep you updated as we make progress (probably in a blog)
default_yes.gif

P.S. My animals will be staying at my fathers house and I will be taking care of them from afar
default_yes.gif

Front of house

today034.jpg

Backyard

today038.jpg

Pool..not sure if it can be saved yet

today037.jpg

today035.jpg

Front rooms all primered and ready to paint tomorrow:)

today033.jpg

today031.jpg

Your house is absolutely adorable! I love all the windows. After seeing your last set of before and afters I just know your new place is going to be stunning by the time you're done with it. Congratulations!

Brandi, your new house has so much personality and in your and your husbands hands, it is going to shine!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it and BIG congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love0075.gif

It's so cute!! It kind of reminds me of Angelina Jolie's house in Changeling. Congrats!!
default_laugh.png

That is a really cute house. I love houses that have personality.

Look forward to seeing the changes.

Kim

Thanks everyone!!! I am exhausted! We got to the house at 8am and didn't leave until 9:30pm! I spent all day painting. I still have to do the ceiling and touch up some of the brown paint but at least the hard part is over in this room. Here is a before and after picture
default_yes.gif
I think it's going to look pretty sharp once we lay our dark hardwood flooring.
default_yes.gif
Thanks for looking! It's fun to share our progress
default_biggrin.png

Before we did anything

90014486_03.jpg

Tonight when we left. (sorry about the picture quality)

kimble016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your new house Brandi! I really like the bottoms of the walls where it is white-is that wainscotting? I love the cottage look and cant wait to see the finished product... You will be sore from all the painting but the result will be soooooooooooooo worth it.

Missy
default_smile.png

Well that's where you have been!! I posted a thread on the back porch looking for you!
default_wub.png

How exciting for you guys. It's such a great feeling looking back on the work you have completed. We are in the same situation, we bought a house that needs some repairs. It can be quite overwhelming at times. I found the best thing was to look back at how much you have done, not how much more work there is left to do.
default_wink.png

Please keep sharing pics and updates with us. I can't wait to see the transformation. You did a great job at your Fathers house.

Congratulations, you guys deserve it.

xox Leonie xox

Thanks everyone
default_yes.gif
I am so tired! My husbands parents and my Mom have been coming over and helping me paint which is great because there is so much to be done. Anthony, my husband has pretty much ripped out the whole bathroom except the bathtub. The house is a MESS!

Leonie,

YES it is overwhelming!!!!! I spent four days just in the darn dining room!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
But I know we are going to feel great being able to say "yep we did this"
default_smile.png
I will keep posting updates. Sorry I didn't see your post on the back porch. I haven't been on here much. But it's nice to know I am missed
default_wub.png

I absolutely adore 1920s bungalows and the life-consuming art of restoring them to their original glory. You're lucky in that it doesn't look like anyone stripped it of the original molding and woodwork -- too many have been "remuddled..." Have you gotten hooked on the various "old house" websites and magazines?

Your yard has me drooling all over the keyboard thinking of all the possibilities. It makes me want to jump in and plant antique roses, hydrangeas, hostas, ferns, etc., etc. Everyone else always think I'm nuts, but I love old crusty, mossy broken sidewalks.

I'm going through severe house withdrawal -- after a lifetime of old bungalows and cabins, we currently live in a dorky trailer...the price of getting some land. I especially miss my clawfoot bathtub!

Have fun, and please post lots of photos as you go along so that I can participate vicariously.

I may need some advice on the backyard Susanne so you may get to participate more than you think:)

First question: Does anyone know how to keep crab grass and weeds out of ivy? I love the ivy but it has lots of grass growing through it right now.

We have a K mart here in sc that sells some stuff that kills crab grass but i can not think of the name of it right off the top of my head. But you might be able to find some stuff at your feed store.

and your house is too cute

congs. to you and your hubby
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back