Our First Nationals :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

I Finally got to attend AMHR Nationals after alot of hard work on alot of peoples part it was possible.

Firstly I'd just really like to thank a few people that made Nationals what it was for both Nigel and I
default_wub.png
First off Erica Killion honestly there is no way I could of gone without you that's for sure. It was an awesome experience staying with you guys and learning
default_smile.png
I'm sure I'll have blue shampoo stains on my hands for weeks but it was worth it all and plus who wouldn't mind bathing your gorgeous guys ; Who I ended up getting WAY too attached to
default_rolleyes.gif
A special thank you for letting me show Full Throttle it was amazing to have the experience and he is absolutely stunning and sweet (he wants to live in canada I heard
default_wink.png
) and the oppurtunity to win that Reserve National Grand in halter! Also to Vickie and Ray Tobin it was a blast hanging with you guys for the week lot's of good laughs and good times .Vicki is probably the sweetest person you'll ever meet! Thanks again for everything you did for Nigel and I your so awesome
default_wub.png
And of course Linda always helping us out and making sure we were all taken care of weather it was because something wasn't going right or just making sure we were eating properly(
default_biggrin.png
)! This is the greatest bunch of people you could spend time with I was really upset on the way home ( Ask Nigel LOL )
default_no.gif

A very special thank you to Linda Reinders! For shipping Fashion Nigel and I all the way there you endured the most hours stuck in a vehicle with us
default_biggrin.png
It was a LONG trip but well worth it! And also Joe and Laura Tenill for offering your home and farm to us that was really kind
default_wub.png
It was nice to meet the both of you and all your gorgeous horses
default_wub.png

Nationals started off so hot LOL We thought we were going to melt away it is really humid in Tulsa! LOL we had alot of stalls to bed that night at this point we weren't sure we'd survive the week haha. First class Fashion and I had was Youth Hunter which went really well out of a huge class of 43 she took 6th. I was on cloud nine at this point LOL
default_wub.png
In Youth Obstacle she took 9th out of a pretty big class
default_biggrin.png
Showmanship was the following morning which we got a top ten in as well she behaved really really well so I couldn't have aksed anymore from her. In Open Hunter she had a beautiful round and ended up with another top ten! As well as a top 5 in Open Obstacle class! She got carded under 2 judges in Open halter which I can't complain about she showed really well and I'm happy she made the cards I am SO proud of Fashion this season we went to a show following Nationals and she went and took grand as well as many firsts. Oh miss Fashion
default_wub.png
I also showed Ericas Full Throttle in a competetive Youth Jr Stallion class and took Reserve National Champion
default_wub.png
Oh I was so excited just to get that center ring picture I'm so grateful Erica let me show him !!

Nigel and I both really enjoyed our time at nationals it was an awesome experience. It was beyond tiring and alot of work thats for sure but it's all worth it in the end
default_wub.png
We watched the classes every night untill the last one pretty much and got to see all those gorgeous horses we've been drooling over via the internet . I finally got to meet Lisa and Mike whom I bought Eli from which was awesome. Also got to meet Belinda who was alot of fun. It was nice making new friends
default_wub.png

Can't wait to go again in the future with Mr Eli and maybe some others?
default_wink.png

A Few Random Pictures just waiting for my washburns
default_smile.png

Throttle

nationals1.jpg

naitonals3.jpg

Fashion Paige
default_wub.png

nationals5.jpg

Nationals2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WooHoo Devon, Congratulations and way to go!! As you know, I was rooting you guys on from here in Ohio but was there with you via internet
default_wub.png

Congratulations agian
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations Devon, you must be on cloud nine with your wins
default_biggrin.png
I was watching via the internet and wishing I was there, maybe next year.

Yvonne

Congrats on all your wins!! I love going to Nationals too even though its a lot of work and stress its tons of fun too.

Wow! You had an awesome show!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
CONGRATS!!!

I would have loved to of met you while we were up there.

Keep up the good work, you're looking sharp!

Congratulations Devon. Glad that you and Nigel had a chance to go to Nationals it really is something to see and be a part of. Wishing both you and Nigel much success in the future with your horses.

Devon pretty much said it all, but I also want to extend my thanks to all those people. Erica, this REALLY wouldn't have been possible with out you and the crew at the Watern' Hole
default_biggrin.png
. It was definitely an experience of a lifetime. We both learned so much about showing and..well..proper "washing" techniques LOL. It was a lot of work, but WELL worth it
default_smile.png
Thanks so much to you and your mom, who was amazing; always helping us out (including trying to organize our tack stall/bedroom)
default_rolleyes.gif
Lord knows we needed it haha. Vickie and Ray were also a lot of fun to be around and were a huge part of our first Nationals
default_wub.png
. It was great to finally meet people who we've been talking to over the internet for the past months, and finally talk to them without the use of a keyboard
default_smile.png
Thanks to Erica as well for letting me show a couple of her horses in colour classes, just so that I could have the opportunity to go in the ring. Much to my surprise, I ended up getting a National Champion in Solid Geldings with her gorgeous boy Jesse James
default_wub.png
He was such a sweetheart! And thank you to Vickie as well for letting me take her horses in the ring in futurity and colour
default_smile.png

Laura and Joe Tenill also were a huge part of making this trip a huge success. Thank you for opening up your home for us and offering us use of your spare beds (and shower
default_rolleyes.gif
) on the way down. It was MUCH appreciated!! They are probably some of the nicest people I've ever met. And I can't forget Jewellea
default_smile.png
It was great to have you on the ride down and home to talk to about horses, like we love to do
default_smile.png

And a HUGE thank you to Linda Reinders for letting us hitch a ride with her. She drove such long ours while Devon and I were able to at least get a little shut eye. I don't know how you do it! It means so much that you were willing to put up with us in your truck for such long hours
default_yes.gif

Nationals in general was just amazing. I'm so so so happy I got to go, even though I wasn't able to bring my guy down, I still had an awesome time at the Watern' Hole with Erica, Linda, Vickie, Ray and everyone who dropped by along the way
default_biggrin.png
It was so cool to see these horses that we look at on the internet probably on a daily basis. Devon and I were both overwhelmed at everything, especially when they did the special presentation for the National Grand Champion winners. We both held back tears; it was just so emotional that we were finally able to be there and see it in person. Maybe one day we'll both be standing in that ring for those awesome moments with horses of our own
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Leaving Tulsa was also an emotional time for both of us. We both became so attached to Erica's horses, and of course everyone who was a part of the Watern' Hole, who we saw every day. We definitely made lifelong connections, and hopefully we'll be back to Oklahoma in years to come.
default_biggrin.png

especially when they did the special presentation for the National Grand Champion winners. We both held back tears; it was just so emotional that we were finally able to be there and see it in person. Maybe one day we'll both be standing in that ring for those awesome moments with horses of our own
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Leaving Tulsa was also an emotional time for both of us. We both became so attached to Erica's horses, and of course everyone who was a part of the Watern' Hole, who we saw every day. We definitely made lifelong connections, and hopefully we'll be back to Oklahoma in years to come.
default_biggrin.png
Oh my gosh DITTO that statement.

I was pretty much a wreck on the way home I'd start talking about certain horses or whoever and there I went like a big baby LOL
default_sad.png
default_rolleyes.gif

And That Grand Presentation couldn't believe I cried but liek you said just being there and actually experiencing it and hoping one day that can be you really gets you going
default_wub.png

Devon and Nigel,

Glad to hear that you are both home safe and sound. I would like to just take a minute to say what AMAZING people the both of you are !!

Both of you are to be comended for the hard work it took just to be able to come to nationals. Thank you both for all of your hard work that you done while at nationals
default_wacko.png
I know it was not easy, but you done an incredable job for us. I wish you could come every year
default_wink.png

For all of you who did not get to meet Devon and Nigel, they were a very big help at the Water'n Hole and are wonderful , wonderful youngsters.

It was a thrill to watch you both win with some of Ericas horses. I have to say watching you both getting that picture made in the center ring brought tears to my eyes.
default_wub.png

If there is anything we can do for you , let us know. Again , it was our privledge to meet and get to know both of you.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it was very appreciated.

stay in touch,

Linda Killion

Thank you Devon and Nigel. It was a great trip. You didn't even ask (are we there yet) lol. I think I did. Enjoyed your company, it sure made the trip go quicker. Even if we were a little cramped for room. Thank you for your patience.

Congrats on your wins, to both of you.

Devon and Nigel,

It was a pleasure to finally meet both of you! I knew you were going to have a great time as soon as I heard you had linked up with the Watern' Hole gang.
default_biggrin.png
I'm proud of both of you for the sacrifices you made to make Nationals happen! (I'm glad the experience turned out to be worth it.
default_wink.png
LOL!) Congratulations on your wins, and I hope to see you again next year!

Lisa

Devon...I know I passed you several times while at the show...and bummer, didnt know who you were!
default_sad.png

Congrats to both you and Nigel on your wins there....how awesome!! Sounds like you both worked your butts off, but also had a lot of fun as well and met some wonderful people there!! Finally met Erica this year, but have yet to meet Linda....next year!
default_saludando.gif

This was our 1st Nationals, too (except I was a spectator one year for about 3 days) and I agree that the experience is just amazing!
default_biggrin.png

Hope to meet you next year....?
default_saludando.gif

wow - I have to say these are the most beautiful posts - consideration, thoughtfulness and kindness - real generosity and real appreciation. Very touching. And public acknowledement is always so nice to receive - yet it also truly says something about the person(s) making the acknowledgement. What a great group of people!

What wonderful compliments on everyone involved - I recognize these names and while I already thought they were amazing people - it's nice to hear others confirm from first hand experiences - my contacts have been via internet as alot of others probably are. I do hope to meet face-to-face one day as well.

I have always said the mini world is full of awesome people - heck, it's in my signature line - after these posts, I stand 110% behind that still!

Congrats on your wins and kudos to all that made this Nationals trip so wonderful for you!

Devon and Nigel,
Glad to hear that you are both home safe and sound. I would like to just take a minute to say what AMAZING people the both of you are !!

Both of you are to be comended for the hard work it took just to be able to come to nationals. Thank you both for all of your hard work that you done while at nationals
default_wacko.png
I know it was not easy, but you done an incredable job for us. I wish you could come every year
default_wink.png

For all of you who did not get to meet Devon and Nigel, they were a very big help at the Water'n Hole and are wonderful , wonderful youngsters.

It was a thrill to watch you both win with some of Ericas horses. I have to say watching you both getting that picture made in the center ring brought tears to my eyes.
default_wub.png

If there is anything we can do for you , let us know. Again , it was our privledge to meet and get to know both of you.

stay in touch,

Linda Killion
Linda, you're the best
default_yes.gif
I really hope that we can get a January start date for College next year so we can be a part of the Watern' Hole team again
default_biggrin.png
It was definitely the highlight of my year, and you all were such a huge part of that
default_wub.png

I wish I could have met more of you from here on the forum, too, just one more reason to make our way down again!

It was so nice to see you two down there enjoying your selves and it was sure nice to hear them call out your name so many times Devon even though they kept saying you were from Arkansas - I knew you were Canadian!
default_biggrin.png
I am glad you managed to get in a Nationals as a youth - hopefully you will make it there again down the road. Congratulations on all your wins!!!

Devon and Nigel,

default_wacko.png
default_wink.png

default_wub.png

stay in touch,

Linda Killion
Linda, you're the best
default_yes.gif
I really hope that we can get a January start date for College next year so we can be a part of the Watern' Hole team again
default_biggrin.png
It was definitely the highlight of my year, and you all were such a huge part of that
default_wub.png

I wish I could have met more of you from here on the forum, too, just one more reason to make our way down again!
Nigel I didn't realize you went down too, congratulations on your wins. You must be on cloud nine too
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Devon and Nigel,

I'm so glad you both were able to make the trek down to Tulsa.

You guys are such great people, fun to be around and hard workers too!

It made my show both of you guys getting to get your picture in center ring with one of my kiddos. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out from Washburn!

What an amazing experience to have such a wonderful first national show. Fashion did awesome!!! One can tell you truely love that horse and she tries so hard for you.

Hope you guys get to make it down again to Tulsa. Keep in touch.

Thanks again, Erica! I hope we can come down again soon as well!!

Yes Fashion is amazing
default_smile.png
Uncle Nigel sure was proud of her
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

Same goes for you guys! We couldn't have had a better time with anyone else
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Back