Oster clipper vs WAHL clipper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
I have always used Oster clipper to body clip my minis,But now after many yrs my 2 clippers gave out.I have a half clipped mini and she needs to be finished by Sat. I found a WAHL KM 2 clipper at the local store. Are they any good.?Would this clipper help me finish my horse??? Also if so would the blades from my Oster fit it? Thanks.

OSTER! are Great . Ive had many BAD experiences with Wahls . My friends at the BArn usually end up having to use the osters as Wahls fall apart dont work and have to have certain impossible 2 piece blades ahha. :lol:
default_wink.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Edited To Add:

Wahls take 2 Piece blades so no your old blades will not fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini-Luver...............sorry but you are incorrect. The Wahl KM2 are compatible with the Oster A5 blades. I have 2 sets and recommend them. And yes I have bodyclipped with them also.

There are a variety of clippers that Wahl makes, and the ones you are thinking that carry a 2 piece blade are the adjustable 10-15-30. Those I would never recommend.

If I had to recommend anything it would be a Kim Laube set of Mini Lazor, Lazor or Litening.

I love my Wahl KM-2s. They body clipped my stallion last year and did head and necks on everyone this year. I didn't body clip this year as I wanted to see how well they would shed out on their own. I even dropped them a few times and they kept right on clipping.

I have never had good luck with osters. Though, I LOVE my wahls. They are very quiet, and always get the job done.. quick!

I have the Km2 also and would recommend them highly. We use them on our minis and our dogs and have not had a problem with them. My wife is a exdog groomer and she loves the km2 clippers.

I have the Wahl Stable Pro and body clip about 10 horses per year (my show ones multiple times). I really like my clippers. They do not get hot the way the Osters do that I have used. They fit my hand well and are very comfortable for me. jennifer :saludando:

I have been itching to try the new Wahl clippers that are red and curved to fit your hand. I think I will pick up one in the spring and try it.

CMHR will be placing Wahl clippers up on the auction soon. They have been an awesome sponsor for us this year.

Fran

We have a mix of clippers here. We have 2 double k's, mine of coarse is on the fritz and I should get it fixed soon.

We have 3 big osters, as well as about 5 little ones. These are all back up ones only.

I also have a Wahl that I use on my dog.

I like them all some better then others, however they all do work.

We love our Wahl KM2s! Also, the adjustable ones Rob was talking about aren't the best for body clipping, but they're quiet and light and great for ears, even my horses that are notorious for hating their ears clipped are good with those clippers!

I love my Wahls. I bought them three years ago and am still on the original blades, which are just as sharp and quiet as they were when I bought them. I'm not the heaviest clipper, but I've done a lot of manes, tails, and show clip jobs with it. I have the Arco cordless clippers, and I couldn't be happier.
default_smile.png
The only thing I wish I had were a set of surgical blades for it. I think they offer them somewhere, I just haven't found them yet. I also could really use another set of blade guards... I broke/lost most of mine, lol.

Latest posts

Back