Ontario Small Equine Show Association

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Walt and I went to Canada to attend the first banquet of the Ontario Small Equine Show Association. Dispite the bad weather to travel in what a wonderful welcome we received from our friends in Canada. This club has many plans for this year and the future. .They will have a three judge show not far from crossing the Blue Water Bridge.They have a web site please look at this new club and the other club in Canada Miniature Horse Club of Ontario. They both have web sites and encourage people to look at both sites and maybe join and meet some wonderful neighbors to our country who make you very welcome to their country. Wishing both clubs much success this year and look forward to coming to Canada again. Walt and Frannie
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these years, we want to come to a show in Canada. Don't think it will be this one but, you never know.

I hope you have a great show!

We have just joined this new club.

Miniature horse owners need all the marketing and support help we can get these days.

The V.P. of this group recently extended her hand in friendship and support to us, which we very much appreciated.

If this is what the O.S.E.S.A. is all about then we are happy to reciprocate by way of our support and membership.

Im defently going to look into it.
default_yes.gif

I dont have to many shows that I can attend cause their so far away, the bridge is just 45 miniutes away! Otherwise all I show at is the BWMHC fun shows and Midland's AMHR Jubilee show.

You need a passport to cross into Canada . Call the post office near you if you don't have one and find out which post office to go to to apply for one. Our home is in Brockway township Michigan and its 150 miles which takes about 2 1/2 hours depending on how long at the border.

That is great news Genie! Welcome aboard.

Mindy Lee, hope you can make it up to Ontario. Always nice to make new friends.

Thank you, Fran and Walt for making the trek to our meeting. Your support means a lot.

Watch for some fun news coming soon!

Can anyone tell me what special requirements are needed to take a horse across the border from the U.S. into Canada (and of course, back again)? I imagine you need a negative Coggins and current health certificate - anything else?

And don't you wish those health certificates were good for more than just 30 days?? C'mon - 90 days or even 60 would be so much more convenient!

Hi Lori,

I believe it is just what you said, same as for us to show in the US. A negative coggins and health cert. You will need a passport yourself to cross the border. I will double check for you as I am not 100% certain and will come back and post.

Kim

To come to Canada with horses you need a negative Coggins within 6 months and temporary export papers. Your vet will also have to give you a form or letter stating that your horse has not been exposed to CEM. Your vet should know what to do for this.

People need passports (to get back into the US mostly).

It is nice that we have 2 shows in Ontario back to back weekends in July so you could use the same papers and come to both
default_aktion033.gif
. There should be 3 judges at each show. OSESA has confirmed theirs for July 7th (Lambdin, Waller and Thurber). Not sure if the MHCO judges have been finalized for the July 14th show. We get a very good turnout at these shows and have some really nice horses up here. Lots of points up for grabs and Canadians ARE really nice! (not biased at all
default_wink.png
). Both shows are listed on the AMHR show schedule.

It is not hard to cross the border with horses. Many Canadians go to the US and show multiple times a year. Give it a try! You won't regret it
default_biggrin.png

Back