Ontario Exhibitors - How was The Classics??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's results, especially on Saturday in the first ASPC show in Ontario! Let's hear all your news and see some photos, too!

We were only there on Saturday, but I think most of the ASPC classes were cancelled (we're not into that and didn't stay that late but I copied down the number of entries that were posted for each of the classes and I think there were only a very few of those classes that even had one entry!).

This was our first "two judges" show. My Dad's pride and joy got first and second place for multi-coloured stallion-under, so that made us happy!
default_wub.png
We added 12 ribbons to our collection and left with 3 very tired horses!! We had lots of fun so it was a good day!!

All the exhibitors were given a gift bag that included tickets to put in the envelopes for the various raffle items sponsored by the MHCO. I ended up winning the Mini Bimini Top!!
default_risa8.gif
I don't have an easy entry cart but thought that I could make something up to hold it on the carts that I do have.....but..... now I'm thinking that I really need to buy a new cart instead!!
default_wink.png

We had a wonderful show on the weekend!!! Quardream is a really nice show facility and did they ever take good care of us! Beautiful barns with big stalls and easy access to the arena. Great restaurant on the spot above the arena and a wonderful viewing room for spectators to see the entire show. Lovely campground surrounded by trees and horse paddocks. The arena was a good big size and the footing was perfect for halter as well as performance. The only downfall was a lack of washroom facilities such as showers but we all smelled the same by the end of the weekend so that really didn't matter a great deal. The outhouses were clean and tidy and well stocked so at least no one suffered that way
default_biggrin.png

MiLo Acres Training Centre home of Maple Mountain Miniatures had a terrific show I must say
default_wink.png

Buck Ons Xpress male shown by me and owned by Nancy Shantz of Sweetdream Miniatures took Grand Stallion Under with all 4 judges completing his halter HOF!!!!! He also took Grand Pleasure Driving Under with all 4 judges giving him more than enough Grands to complete his Pleasure Driving HOF as well!!! Now we just need to collect a few more points.

XpressdriveE.jpg

Chupps Full of Grace, Nancy's yearling filly took a Reserve Grand Under Mare with 2 of the judges on the weekend after taking one grand and 3 reserve grand Junior Mare ribbons. She also took first under all 4 judges in Youth Halter with my adopted show son, Mack!!!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

MackandGraceE.jpg

Sweetdreams Sugar and Spice, Nancy's yearling colt, took 3rds under all 4 judges in his halter class in which he was the smallest horse and 3 firsts and a second in colour class.

SugarE.jpg

Countrylane's Buck X Quiste, owned by Sally Steeves of Ramshead Farm in Kingston, took 2 thirds and a fifth in Model and 2 thirds and 2 fifths in her 2 year old halter class.

OntarioAMHRClassicShow038.jpg

Dale showed our Icey to 2 4ths and 2 fifths in her yearling halter class. Mackenie got 3 fifths and a sixth with her in Youth halter over.

OntarioAMHRClassicShow058.jpg

I drove Yvonne's Munchie in his first ever AMHR driving show in Country Pleasure and he took 3 sixths and behaved himself admirably well. I expect to see him doing some winning in that class in future - he sure moves nicely as one of the judges commented!

OntarioAMHRClassicShow095.jpg

All in all just a wonderful weekend!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had an awesome time!!!

My gelding went home with a Grand and Reserve. My little yearling stallion also received a Grand Champion. Best of all was winning with the yearling in Owned bred and exhibited. It really meant alot to me. We went home with many great ribbons and feeling really tired.

Quardream was a lovely spot and we really enjoyed it. I loved visiting with everyone and hanging with my horses.

A Special thankyou went out to the wonderful volunteers of the Classics. They all worked hard and we appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without you we would not have such an opportunity to show at such a great event.

Thank you

Lisa krick, Donny's Sunny Boy, Windy Peninsula Gravitas

What a great weekend! Lovely, cool weather, nice facility, great hospitality, great volunteers. I am still waiting on my photos from the photographer but Erick (JEM Nite Dancer) received 2 Grands and a Reserve Grand in halter and 3 Grands in his CP driving stake classes. He was first or second in almost every class this weekend! He was such a good boy!

I was tired by the end but I had a great time hanging out with friends and playing with my horse.

I had a wonderful weekend too, the facility was wonderful, the owners were so pleasant to everyone and they did a really nice dinner on Saturday night. I showed 3 horses De Bo-Mont Macho (Munchie), On The Bit Silk Lilly and Foxgold Carry the Flame (Carrie). I was so proud of Carrie, she is a 2 year old and it was her first show ever, she got a 2nd and 3rd in owned, bred & shown by, 3 4ths in 2 year old mares and 1 4th and 2 5ths in model mare. Lilly got 1 1st and 3 2nds in solid colour mare over, 2 4ths 1 5th and 1 6th in aged mare over and I think she got something in amateur too lol. Munchie did well in his halter classes too. All in all we came home with 33 placings over the two days and had a wonderful time. The judges got through all the classes quickly, there was a marvellous raffle with all sorts of goodies to be won and all the volunteers worked hard to ensure that everything went smoothly. So three cheers for the volunteers!!!!

I don't have any really good pics yet but here is one of early Saturday morning when the stallion classes were starting that shows the size of the arena and how bright and airy it was.

DSC03635.jpg

and here is me with Munchie

DSC03644.jpg

I haven't yet posted about any of my shows this year, even though they have all been wonderful
default_wub.png
, But I thought I should share my Classic Results too.

Very lovely grounds, beautiful stalls and decent weather. I found the arena was rather dark but oh-well. A GREAT turnout with many horses and new faces! Plenty of driving and performance horses too!
default_aktion033.gif
The ASPC classes were NOT canceled, however there were only 2 ASPC Shetlands shown. I think in time those numbers will grow rapidly, but the Shetlands there, were awesome.
default_smile.png
Pictures can be seen at http://horsephotos.ca/photocart/index.php?...iewGallery=1037 Congratulations to the Many people who obtained their HOF's this weekend too!

We had an AWESOME show too, and I am thrilled with our results
default_wub.png
I only took the two horses.

Town & Country Pat, my B Gelding, got 3rds across the board in halter this weekend in fair size classes. In CPD I think he got 1-2 Reserve Champion Stake win(s) over the weekend. He was really full of him self on Saturday in driving, and I think he may have been better suited in Open Pleasure as he was just so full of energy and had such higher frame then usual. He placed better in CPD on Sunday when he had quieted down to his usual self. On Sunday I entered him in Roadster, where he placed with 2 Reserve Champion Stake wins. He really is such a fun horse to have around and is only getting better! Go geldings!

AMHRClassics2009Nitro01.jpg

Didn't get any extended trot pictures, just a few slower paced jog pictures. A special thanks to Kim for the picture!

AMHRClassics2009Kim1.jpg

AMHRClassics2009George1.jpg

BKS Early Morning Joy, my A mare showed fair on Saturday and I believe got 3rds across the board in every class, or close to it. She placed 4th in her open WCP class, but all other WCP classes were 3rd. On Sunday, Joy showed much better for me and placed Grand Champion Under Mare under both judges in HUGE classes! I'm really pleased with her, and she showed her heart out for me. She also drove better in WCP and placed Reserve Champion Stake under both judges, as well 2nds in all other WCP classes on Sunday. She also had a cute liberty performance, and placed 2nd and 4th. She's my girlie!

AMHRClassics2009Joyhead4.jpg

AMHRClassics2009Joy02.jpg

AMHRClassics2009George3.jpg

AMHRClassics2009George2-1.jpg

I'm a proud momma
default_wub.png
Thanks for letting me share!

It was a wonderful show. A beautiful facility and very well organized. This was our first AMHR show and 2nd ever show for both the horses and ourselves. We had loads of fun and met some very nice people. Thanks to everyone who helped steer us in the right direction during Saturday and Sunday.
default_blush.png

In Yearling Gelding Duke took 2 first and 2 Reserve Junior Champion as well as some nice placings in Amateur and Solid Colour Gelding. Patty was 1st and 4th in Solid Colour Mare Saturday and 1st and 2nd Sunday shown by my son Nicholas. My hubby showed her Saturday and I showed her Sunday and we had placings in 2yr old Mare-over and amateur halter and model mare. I'm quite proud of our JEM Break N Pattern and JEM Duke It Out, they behaved wonderfully and took everything in stride (Thank you Lori for all your work getting them ready for us and getting them to the show)

Hubby with JEM Duke It Out.

OntarioAMHRClassicShow024.jpg

Nick and Patty

OntarioAMHRClassicShow087.jpg

We had a chance to watch this weekend. The facilities seemed really nice, and the people really tried to make sure everyone was happy. We watched on Saturday from upstairs and took a few pictures-. I forget which class was which.

100_2124.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2149.jpg

100_2185.jpg

default_smile.png

Walt and I came from Michigan to watch some friends show. The trip through the Canadian countryside was just beautiful. The grounds were the show was held wa very nice. The horses that were shown were all very nice and many large classes. The weather was nice and we felt very much at home in Canada. Seen many friends and meet many new people. Congratuations to all.

Congratulations to everyone on your fantastic results, and thanks for posting so many photos. I hope more people will come and post their results, too.

I'm very surprised that there weren't more entries in the Sheltand classes!! With so many ponies here in Ontario now, I thought there would have been a lot more interest. I wonder if maybe the owners didn't want to miss out on the AMHR points...

I'm glad the show was such a success for everyone concerned. I wish I could have attended.

We had a chance to watch this weekend. The facilities seemed really nice, and the people really tried to make sure everyone was happy. We watched on Saturday from upstairs and took a few pictures-. I forget which class was which.
100_2124.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2149.jpg

100_2185.jpg

default_smile.png
Tiffany, I think I know each of these classes, to some extent. The first is an Under division Model Mare class. The second is an Under division Mare Halter class. The third is an Over division Mare Halter class. And the fourth is an Under division Country Pleasure Driving class. Neat pictures! I like how they are high up!

Judy, I think there were around 10(give or take a few) registered ASPC/AMHR that showed only in AMHR classes. I too think the points were too important to lose. In time though, I really see more members getting ASPC only horses, my self included.
default_smile.png

The one thing that I noticed was that each of the Country Pleasure Driving classes (in the over and under divisions) had about 8 horses, where as the Western Country Pleasure Driving classes had around 4 in the under and 1 in the over. There were a few horses (especially in the under division) that I feel were much more suited to drive in WCP, however, I have a feeling that the lack of other shows that offer this class, cause them to stay rooted in other classes quite possibly due to points. I really have to THANK the MHCO for including WCP driving classes and I'd really like to see more shows offer this class! There are some nice horses that show great potential for this class, and I'd love to see more of it!
default_yes.gif

Eeryone did so well
default_wub.png
I am beyond happy with my results this past weekend
default_smile.png

My girl "Caldwells Fashion Paige" was unanimous Sr Grand Day 2 and Unanimous Reserve Grand Champion mare over Day one she was the sr grand and reserve grand mare as well under judge one and judge two didnt give her the reserve grand but instead gave it to her gorgeous daughter
default_wub.png
. Fash was on a record day one gettign 1st or 2nd in every class she went in aside from one 3rd
default_wub.png
She also was unanimous first in hunter and showmanship gosh I'm proud and looking forward to nationals
default_wub.png
She also put on a liberty show you can't forget
default_rolleyes.gif
And managed to get a 1st and 3rd that class was drool worthy loved watching those over horses go
default_wub.png

MN9-0475p.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

Finally got to show "Eli" Martins Mardi Gras Eligent Man. This is the first year we have offered ASPC classes so the turnout was not so good the mini classes however were huge and competetive probably about 10 ASPC/AMHR horses but they showed AMHR both days LOL We were the only classic gelding but the judges gave me some compliments the photographer was in love; she's trying to persuade me to show him at the Royal Winter Fair(She also photographs it) We had others in Youth Halter and showmanship and we won both under all the judges; I was surprised with eli's showmanship round Wasn't a winning round somewhere big but so good for a horse like Mr. Eli Eek loved showing him cannot wait for 2010 when he can show alot alot.

DSC_0496.jpg

MN9-1085p.jpg

Red is first here:)

DSC_0654.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!!

Show at The Royal?!?! In what?? (Congrats on your results, Devon!)
Thanks!!

She suggested I show in showmanship and the shetland gelding line class
default_biggrin.png
Their all modern in type though so I don't know that he could compete against them his action is extreme for a classic pony but I think those modern ponies would knock his socks off with their sheos and all not to mention their already extreme action
default_wub.png
She photographs that class I guesse tehe

Back