Hey from Ontario, Canada

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewMiniFamily

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Looking forward to reading and learning as much as possible.
We are looking at purchasing our first mini horse and possibly a mini donkey as well.
My daughter (14) fell in love with our neighbors horse and would care for it like her own however they had to rehome him and my daughter is feeling the void.

We live on about 100 acres in southwestern Ontario and just want a companion for her. No plans to breed or show just love on them 💜

Last edited:
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!! Nice to see another great-white northern here!!! There's loads of resources available to you in Ontario as well - depending on if you wanted to get involved in sport at all. And with minis, the options are almost endless. We started driving a couple years ago, what a blast!!!

Greetings from Alberta, Canada!! Nice to see another great-white northern here!!! There's loads of resources available to you in Ontario as well - depending on if you wanted to get involved in sport at all. And with minis, the options are almost endless. We started driving a couple years ago, what a blast!!!
Please share your resources!! We just want to love on them and my daughter really misses caring for a horse. We have the space and lots of love so why not! What girl didn’t want a horse growing up!? So it will not only benefit my youngest daughter but my oldest daughter and myself as well 😁

It's a great family hobby for sure. But remember, they are like potato chips. You can't stop at just one!
Your provincial resource is Ontario Equestrian: Ontario Equestrian - Your Provincial Sport Organization That's a great place to start.
If you want to experience the driving side of things, Ontario Carriage Driving Association Ontario Carriage Driving Association is going to be right up your ally. I'd recommend volunteering at some events and see what is interesting to you and your age-appropriate kiddos. I love volunteering! I've learned so much about disciplines I'm interested in that way. And the Ontario Carriage Driving Assn website has some AWESOME pictures on it! I'm in Alberta, just starting out with competitive driving. Smaller population over here but loads of interest, and great people!

Welcome! “Just” loving them is perfect! ❤️

I was that young “horse crazy teen“ and two of those words still fit. 😂

They are wonderful company, and our kids and grandkids and I continue to enjoy our 4 minis and mini donkey.

Enjoy the search and the forum!

Latest posts

Back