One more reason!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add my two cents worth. I know these are bad photos, but I took them rather hastily just now to post. Nine and half times out of ten, in my area, when someone says "miniature horse for sale" this is what to expect. Nine times out of ten, its either an unregistered stallion or mare.

Firefly, the chestnut, was given to us along with a cart. He was a ten year old stud that had been bred to mares. Upon arrival at our home, he was gelded. Bless his heart.

Cricket, the bay, was bought at auction for the sole purpose of keeping Firefly company. He was a three year old gelding that we bought for $100.
default_thumbup.gif
100_1413.JPG100_1414.JPG100_1415.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo request for REO to post Pooka here, he makes me drool, excellent example as to what the thread was asking for, sometimes I pull up his photo just to show people just how gorgeous minis can be...
Well thank you!!!!!!! I had no idea you felt that way about the Pooka! OK, I'll post his pics as soon as I finish chores!

I agree earthchild. Many people just dont know.they think they all are mean...bushy...and just pets..we thought the same on boer goats until we got into it and learned about the show aspect.you get what you pay for...and most buyers want cheap because they are uninformed...or just dont care about quality.a lot of folks that have came to our farm expected badly conformed dwarfs...because thats what they thought a miniature was...

Here's Pooka's dad...Nort!

And here's 29.75" Pooka!

website1002010.jpg

Thanks for asking!
default_smile.png

I have always drooled over pooka and nort...they are gorgeous miniatures...and very.well.conformed!!!.
default_smile.png

A slightly different perspective than the general theme of comments here - I have a pasture full of minis that would not win any shows, they are "just" beloved pets. They are rescues or "gifts" from others, I am not a breeder. I don't tout them as being the best of the best, but neither am I going to be ashamed of them and hide them from the public! If/when I have more time in my life I'd be happy to take them out to events, parades, use them for 4-H for my daughter. If that gives others the perception that "all" minis have poor confirmation, I think that's on them, and I wouldn't think they are necessarily that educated of horse people than, anyway. Probably the most popular horse breed around my area is quarter horses, and I've seen plenty that don't have the best of confirmation in parades, 4-H, trail riding, etc. I don't make the assumption when I see those quarter horses that the quarter horses that are winning at the shows look much like that.

Latest posts

Back