On the serious side....Has any one had or know of anyone who has/had

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teresa, prayers are coming your way from Pa. I know the power of prayer is stong on here, so everyone, let's see what we can do..Teresa needs us all praying for her. Sorry, I haven't been "on" much, just reading sometimes.. We are all here for you.. Have your Drs. checked over in this part of the country.. I know that there are a lot of speciality Drs. in Pittsburgh, PA.. ANd also at the Cleveland Clinic?? I have been to both places and they are wonderful..Just trying to think for you.. You are in my thoughts and prayers..
default_wub.png

Jodie

Theresa left here a little while ago. We've been real life friends for years and years and she's always had a nice figure, but now she's a rack of bones that's so weak she can't hardly stand up straight.

She's not walking very well either. I've been having a very hard time (as you can imagine) knowing how she is and there's nothing I can do. But to see her like that...........

All weak and her bleeding from her nose. OH GOD PLEASE DON'T TAKE HER FROM US!

I offered to help them in any way I can and hugged her a few times, but I feel so helpless. All I could do was cry. I've been crying for days.

Please pray for her. And for Art, her mom and her son to get through this.

Very few people in this world are friends who love you as you are and don't judge or ask for anything in return. Theresa is one of those special people. I LOVE HER.

Theresa, you know you are in my prayers, and if there is anything I can do, I will. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Theresa,

REO pointed me to this thread and I feel awful for just now seeing this! I am praying for you. I am sorry that I don't have any info about this condition but I will be praying for it to improve.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

This is my first time reading this thread. I am so sorry this is happening to you Theresa! I wish I had some answers for you. My prayers are with you right now and I hope you get some good news real soon. From everything I have read you are an awesome mom to your fur kids (and real) and a wonderful person. I have every hope and confidence they will get this fixed up for you.
default_biggrin.png

Theresa-

I have tears reading your updates - please, please, don't give up. Stay strong. You, Art and all of your family and friends have my prayers. I hope you come up with a surgeon soon - hard to believe there is no one who can do this.

Dawn and I are praying for you - if you feel up to it at some time, give me a call. Take comfort in your sweet Dreamer - I'm sure she is glad to be there for you as you were there for her.

Take care.

Barbie (((((hugs)))))

Theresa,

you know how much I love you kiddo and I am praying really really hard for you - almost every minute of the day. You are such a special person and I would have never had the opportunity to get to know you at all without Dreamers accident. Once again, the love of horses brings people together.

Have you tried Loma Linda in CA? Please have someone call there - that is a wonderful hospital and there might be someone that can help you.

HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS TO YOU!

You cannot go anywhere my friend. You have so many people and critters that love and care about you. You MUST fight to get well. We are all rooting for you my dear friend!

Sending prayers to you!! Im so sorry you are going through this. Please stay strong. You are in my thoughts every day

Just checking in to see how your doing today Theresa. I sure hope you can get some answers. Hang in there
default_wub.png

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are feeling stronger today.

Hoping and praying that someone can help and SOON!!! Had not been on in a few days either.... dont you worry about writing whether you are on meds or not! It's all OK!! My thoughts are with you and your family!!

Hi Theressa, was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going. I hope you are doing well. I am still keeping you in my prayers.

Theresa - I have been thinking of you a lot lately. I have been praying for you as well. I hope that all is well with you and that you are feeling better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png

Teresa-

Thinking about you - hope things are looking up by now. Prayers coming your way.

Barbie

Been a while since I have been on line. Seems like I sleep alot. Kelly picked up Tina yesterday, we were very sad to see her go, of course I cried. I was very proud of Tina. She was hesitant at first to get into the trailer, but then she jumped right in. I gave her hugs and told her to show Kelly how much she has learned, kissed her and said good bye...
default_bye-sad.gif
default_crybaby.gif
It was very cold out, so Art made me go back in the house as they drove away...Kelly will take very good care of her and get her where she needs to be to go to her forever home. She is a very nice lady, she and her mother were freezing, but they let me have all the time I needed with Tina before they left. I was embarrassed for anyone to see me, as Art had to help me across the pasture to get her. As for me, there is possibly hope at the end of the tunnel. OU Medical Center has put me on their Critical Care list. They are trying to get me an appointment the 1st week of January. I am afraid to get my hopes up, have toooo many times only to be told they can't do the surgery or help me. "When" this ruptures they will take me. They said when the bleeding won't stop get in the car and start to drive to them (1 1/2 hours away), and to call them and an ambulance will meet us on the Interstate and take me from there. I bleed everyday several times but it does eventually stop. Surgeon said to be within an hours drive from the hospital, but it is 1 1/2 hours away??? I have lost alot of weight, Dr.s said that is normal with this disease. I am down to 112 lbs. Dr.s have me on supplements, weight gainers and high carb diet to put weight back on or at least stabilize it. I went to see REO and I felt so bad for her. All she did was cry and hug me, I guess I frightened her. Now I stay at home, not because of REO, but because this is where I feel safe and it made me think that I don't want to put anyone in a frightfull position when it does rupture. If something happens at least I will be "home". I work when I can, not very often. And they do let me work from home if it is possible. Art has "decided" he is not going to sell any of our horses. He feels they keep me going. IF need be, he will sell them later. Art took me to dinner and Christmas shopping this past Saturday evening, shopping was cut short, I started to bleed and he paniced so home we went. Thank you to all who have emailed or called. For those who have called (Art does tell me that you have called) please try to understand that I am not being rude, I am just not ready to "talk" about it yet. I am still trying to deal with this myself and keep Art and my son sane. Everyone who has sent me Dr.'s names and hospitals, please know that we have followed up on each and everyone of them!!!!! And we have been told "we are so sorry", or we have not heard back from them. Again, Thank You for all your support and prayers. Theresa & Art
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
..........Barbie, Trust me, I do take comfort "with" Dreamer, I swear that mare is 3/4 human.

I wanted to add... Thank You to everyone who has sent Christmas Cards. They mean alot to us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and I'm crying now too.

Seeing you like that did scare me so much. But not hearing from you since, has scared me more! I'm not one to intrude so I've been waiting to hear from you. You know I'm here if you need me for ANYthing. Just holler (or give a hint) and we'll be there!

So hon, if you're up to it, drop me a "word" email once in a while. It scared me when you didn't answer mine. But I know I told you to stay still. Please get rest.

I've been sending you healing prayers every day and I will keep sending them.

Hugs to you and Art!

Love ya T!
default_wub.png

Teresa-

Think about you many times every day and pray that you will find the right place to take care of you. I'm glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

If you feel up to it one of these days, give me a call - in the mean time you're in my thoughts and prayers (Art is too as I know this is hard for him).

Barbie

Theressa, It is nice to hear from you. I hope that OU medical comes through. I m so sorry you are going through this. Know you are in my prayers dailly, and I think of you often.

Back