Hello My Friends -- Some Sad News / Some Happy News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Jill...I am so very sorry for your loss. I will pray that you will find comfort in the coming days that your special boy will live forever in you heart. I have a special fur kid too...abby that I love so much...she brings such joy to my life...I can't imagine what you must be going through. I do believe animals go to heaven and, one day you will re-join your special boy.

god bless

lisa

Oh Jill, I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious Winston! ((((HUGS))))

Jill I have been thinking of you for days. I knew something wasn't right. I tried to find your last post and saw that it was days ago. I just felt inside that something was odd. Now I know my intuition was on target. I am so sorry that you have lost your dear Winston and so young. I to have a pet kitty Purdy that when she goes and I have to put her in the garden you can just dig a hole big enough for both of us because I don't think Xanax will help me there. My heart goes out to you.

I so hope that your little Watson can help fill that empty space in your home and your heart. I am so glad you are getting him this weekend.

I do also feel that animal spirits come back to us in the pets that we get after we lose a beloved animal. I have several that I know are spirits that I have known before. I so hope this is true for Watson. I am sure that you will know.

God bless dear heart and give that baby dog a hug for me.

I am so sorry, Jill.

I know exactly what you mean, we love them all, but there is always the ONE.

In two weeks it will be one year since I lost my heart dog. I still shed many tears

for her.

I have found much comfort in her darling great grandaughter who shares our bed

at night. Although there will never be another Trulee, Coco fills our hearts in so

many ways.

May your new puppy (adorable BTW) bring you the same peace.

Hugs!

Shelley

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sorry Jill, but I believe like you do that some lives are tied to our own indefinitely. Winston will always be with you. I look forward to hearing about your new puppy...In the meantime, take care of yourself!

So sorry to hear about your Winston, but am glad you have found Watson! And I can't believe that you spotted that 4 leaf clover in that picture!! Is that 'lucky' or what? When I lost my dog Mike, it was over a year before I could even bring myself to look for another- it just killed me. So I know what you are going through- he was my best friend, my heart, my 'ranch foreman', everything.

Jill, I'm so sorry you lost your precious and special Winston. I can't wait to see pictures of little Watson, I'm sure he'll have you wrapped around his little paw in no time.

Oh Jill I have been thinking about you and hoping and praying that the pain you are going thru will ease and calm. My heart breaks for you for losing Winston...I do know how much he meant to you and you to him from what you have told us here on the forum. There will always be one Winston....and always be one new Watson. The bond you and Winston share will never be broken. I know he is happy that you will be bringing this new baby home.....he does not want to see his momma sad and hurting. I do know that empty pain that reaches your soul that you have had to go thru ...I've done that a few times and no matter how many times we go thru it, it never gets any easier. Take care of yourself hon, and please let us know how your little Watson's homecoming goes. We'll be waiting to hear..... ((((((Hugggssss)))))

Add me to the list that understands how you feel Jill. I am so terribly sorry for you having to go through this heart ache. When I lost Tracey, you know, I felt like someone cut my heart out yet again, and believe me I was so ready to be done with everything. And then came Amy. Jill, Amy is nothing like Tracey, not what I had expected. There is no replacement for Tracey. But let me tell you Amy does fill that very empty void I had when there was no one to lay under my desk on my feet or follow me around and offer those big old hugs. I get tackled right off my feet! Watson will also have his very own special little personality and I know he is just waiting out there to meet you and be your lap baby. Have a safe trip on your way to him.

Jill, I understand that empty, hollow feeling...we love them without boundaries and there is nothing like the love they give us in return...I am sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing that with us.

So many of my friends have gone ahead of me that when I get to that Rainbow Bridge I hope there is a crowd waiting...I am sure looking forward to seeing them ALL again!!

Jill--

I am SO very sorry to hear about Winston; it was clear in everything you said about him how

VERY special he was to you!

I have had many dogs in my 67 years; I have cared deeply for them all, and hold all in my heart in loving memory. Right now, all THREE I have are some of the 'MOST' special, and I can't even bear to THINK of the day when any of them passes-ESPECIALLY my beloved Maltese, Angel. Even so, the wonderous thing is, you can love one DEARLY, and FOREVER, but find a place in your heart for another. This in no way diminishes the one(s) who have come before; to me, it only adds to the joy and wonder of sharing your life with a beloved dog.

So---my heart is with you SO COMPLETELY in your grief over Winston, AND in your joyous anticipation about Watson. I know you will FOREVER hold the wonderful memories of life with Winston in your heart, even while you build a new and loving relationship with the darling new boy, Watson...that is as it should be, to me!

I wish I were there to give you an ACTUAL hug, but here's a huge cyber {{HUG!}} instead! Have a safe and pleasant trip down to get your new little guy, and to begin the 'new' adventure!!

My warmest best to you,

Margo

Edited to remove double post; my apologies.

Margo

Jill, I am so sorry you have lost your beloved Winston. (((Hugs))) I hope this new puppy helps to heal the hole in your heart.

Ther's not much I can say that hasn't already been said by others but I can see the pain in your writing and the hope when you talk about Watson. I'm sorry your beloved little one reached the end of his time with you, I hope his memory is a comfort to you in time and that Watson brings you much joy.

Jill,

I'm so sorry Winston is gone. I could feel your deepest pain in your words. I do think he'll come back to you in some way.

In August of 2007 we lost Jack, our Italian Greyhound. I still cry to this day when I think about him. Coming home from work and holding him could make all the pains of the day immediately disappear. He is irreplaceable. That's how Winston is for you. Sometimes it will feel like you physically can't take the depth of the pain but you will. And you will go on because of your husband and all your other treasured fur babies. Not the least of which will be Watson.
default_wub.png

Hugs to you.

Thank you, everyone, for your words. They've touched me deeply. It took me "awhile" to be ready to post here because I feel like some of us know each other so well, and I knew reading your replies would be very emotional. Thank you so much for your compasion and your well wishes about Watson.

Jill,

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Joyce

Oh Jill, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. I remember when I lost my sheltie "Windy", just 4 years ago. She was by my side for over 13 years. I still cry for her sometimes, always will. It does get easier though, thankfully. Heaven knows.
default_wub.png
Holding you in heart and prayers for time and love to heal your heart too.
default_wub.png

Warmest hugs,

Tanya

Jill, I am so sad for the passing of your Winston. I have 2 Shih Tzu's myself. I lost my Boxer 4 years ago to Lymphoma, he adored me and always wanted me to carry him around..... all 85 pounds of him. When he was dying, my conversation with him was that I wished he was smaller so that I could of carried him around. Well, 3 weeks after his passing Sarah came into our lives, her owner was going into the army. Sarah is a little white Bichon Frise 10 lbs. and JUST LIKE my boxer Turbo!

So sorry for you loss of Winston, and so glad for Watson.
98cd22d5.gif

As you know Shih Tzu is my breed of favorites.

A dog is not just a pet, they become part of the family & our best friend.

This is the better of the medicine to go and get Watson... hope he can ease some of the pain.

Thinking of You ! cannot wait for pictures of your new family member....
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back