Hello My Friends -- Some Sad News / Some Happy News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill,

Again I'm so sorry for you loss of Winston. I can only imagine what you are going through. I'm so glad you found Watson and I hope he fills your heart with as much warmth, joy, and love that Winston did.

Jill, I am so sorry to hear about Wiinston. I completely understand how you feel. I felt that way with Shado, just 1 1/2 years ago, when we lost him at the age of 13, and I still cry like a baby just thinking about him, I guess we just wouldnt be human with our caring hearts if we felt any differant. Our furbabies just jump in and take over our hearts. I am so glad you have found Watson, I am sure he will help with the healing process in his oun little way, and bring you love just like your WInston did. (((hugs)))

Jill I think all of us who have had that special one of a kind animal know exactly what you are going through. Glad you got some help to cope and that Watson brings back some joy.

Jill I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks. I know so well how much it hurts to lose a soul mate. I had to let my Teddy Bear go 4 years ago and it still hurts to think about it. I got Sunny just a couple weeks after Bear left me and I felt sooo guilty about it. All the way home that day I talked to Bear and asked him to forgive me and to please understand that Mama wasn't replacing him; that I just needed someone to help me through the pain. It took me about 2 weeks to come up with a name but when "Ray of Sunshine" popped into my mind I knew that was the right one. I hope Watson brings you the same comfort that my Sunshine brought me when I was hurting so badly. ((((((HUGS))))))

Oh Jill, I am soooooo very sorry for your loss of your dear boy Winston. I am crying reading your post, as I know that empty feeling all too well, as I am sure many of us here on the board do.
default_sad.png

I was reading and could feel how empty you felt without him in your lap or arms, and I thought that if that was me, I KNOW what I need to get through it, and that has always been to get another pup. That new pup can never replace the one we lost, but it sure helps (me) to fill the void and gives me some direction on my life....aloows me to move on, and keeps my mind occupied to stop "wallowing" as you call it. I am so happy that you have allowed little Watson to join your family. I am sure we will be hearing LOTS from you and seeing lots of Watson in the days, weeks, months and years to come!
default_wub.png

Again, I am sooo sorry. (((((HUGS)))))

Hugs to you, Harvey and the rest of your gang who I know miss Winston so very much. Watson is going to bring you so much needed joy.

Kim

I know there will never be another Winston for you, but hope your new puppy helps the hurt in your heart, Jill.

oh Jill I am so sorry about Winston, I know and understand how special he was to you.

my parents have a Westie that was also a pound puppy...he too kneads his stuffed animal when he is stressed/relaxing/and sleeping, I'd never seen that before either. He will take his little paws and move back and forth on the toy while he sucks it.

I'm glad you are getting a new puppy, can't wait to see pics of Watson! ((hugs))

Jill i am so sorry
default_sad.png
. I am so glad you found the perfect puppy to help you heal and another bond to be made
default_wub.png

You know how sorry I am. Not enough words to fill the huge hole in your heart.
default_sad.png
I hope you will find a lot of joy in your new little one.

Carol

Jill -

I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and am glad you're back on the forum. As I told you, I am so, so sorry for your loss and I hope that time will heal your broken heart.

You take care, my friend...

Liz R.

Jill,

I am very sorry about your loss,
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
Pets are very special to all of us and I understand how hard it can be to lose one.

I am happy that you found a puppy, it will certainly enlighten the moment. Have a safe trip on Saturday will looking forward to seeing more of cute little Watson
default_wub.png

Jessica

Jill I'm so sorry that you are hurting so badly. Winston was an important member of your family and its natural to hurt and it is important to allow yourself time to grieve.

I am happy that you found Watson. I think he will help your heart to heal more quickly.

Hugs to you,

Jill, I know how you feel, and I think the new puppy was the wisest decision you could make. When I lost my Brandy in July, and then in a week or so I got my Boston Petie Love. It helped me so much to turn the mourning into new love for him. Then because of Petie, we got Athena, and she is a real little vixen, and because of Athena, we went back and got her little brother to try and make well. Right now he seems to be doing great. He's put on weight, and is bounding around the house. We finally named him Nike. He has been with us 1 week tomorrow, and he is as firmly wound into our heart strings as any puppy could be.

Cheryl p.m.'ed me about Nike's care, and gave me some excellent advice, and I will be forever grateful to her, so I know you are getting Watson from a great home!

Carolyn

So, so sorry for the heart-wrenching loss of your beloved Winston.

No other doggie will ever be able to replace him but it definitely sounds like Watson is a "meant to be" so I'm sure

that he will do a very good job of easing your pain.

Jill, I am so very sorry for the loss of your furry friend Winston. I lost Chasey-dog when he went into a full-blown seizure & we could not get him out of it & had to put him to sleep. I still grieve for him and even thought I have my new best crazy furry friend (Tinker the Stinker) seen in the avatar- I lost a piece of my heart over him. prayers are with you...Judy

I am so sorry Jill. It is so hard to loose that truely special animal that we have a deeper bond with. We are so blessed to have the experience, but for all the joys we do have to pay a deeper price when it is their time to leave. Yes, I keep saying the same to my dog as he is to me what Winston is to you. But, I also know that we will go on, and that there will be times that you will know Winston is still at your feet. many many (((hugs))).

And Watson looks so cute, or at least what we can see of him. Just remember that even though he may have some of the same attitude as Winston, he is his own individual. But on the bright side, I think like you. When a door on one part of your life shuts, a window will open on another. And those that are open to looking for the window can see it when it happens. I don't think it is a coincidence that Watson is here at this time. God knows that you need him now, and he has brought you two together. Can't wait to see better pics of Watson and hear about his antics. Enjoy!

Jill, I've been watching for your post and worrying since you PMed me...I hope that the fact that you are now able to tell about this means that you are beginning ever so slightly to heal...although I know that will be a long road.

As I said before, Winston will always be a part of you, so Watson will never replace him -- he'll join him in your heart.

When I lost Hillary, you commented that it's amazing how a small dog can leave such an enormoug hole in your heart. This is so true, and to this day that thought resonates in my mind.

Winston was one of those remarkable beings whose soul was (is) so much larger than life. Thank you for sharing his amazing spirit and loving personality with us -- I only knew him through your stories, but he is a part of my heart.

Take care,

susanne

Jill, so sorry for your loss I know how much you two loved each other. I have seen your new puppy in person, he is gorgeous. Cheryl is my best friend and we visit lots. I remember when the babies were born.... they love people and she refered to them as "the vicious fur balls in the bathroom"! They are all lovely and you are getting what I think is the prettiest one. Their mother is a doll. I only briefly met the dad. Mom I think is with someone else at the moment.

Congratulations on your new baby.

Lyn

Back