Ok, who's had stuff turn up "Missing" at Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh that is so horrible! I know everyone rents that stuff but whos resposible for covering it when its stolen? I know when we left Satuday there were very few people left in our barn and some nice couches/tv/tables and such left to be picked up right in the center isle...so easy for someone to just drive off with. That is so sad that someone would do that, and so crazy that no one would see and say something to them!
We did in fact rent the couches for the 2 weeks and had to cover the cost of the loveseat being stolen.

Macy- Red Carpet Minis
I feel bad about the couch. What day was that? We were kitty corner from you and didn't see anything suspious. I know I questioned people that I didn't recognize (in a nice way) because of all the stuff stolen last year but our barn is usually very quiet.

I had some facial products taken at the arena area.
default_sad.png
Boy just ask me I would share anything I have and I do all the time. After that we started locking up the stall area. If they will take stuff in full view of people they are probably jumping up and down when no one is around.
default_sad.png
I wish I would've known.. I would've come by and introuduced myself! But about the loveseat, don't feel bad!! My mom called me with the news and I thought it was ridiculous that someone would do that but certainly no ones fault. I think it was the 2nd Saturday of the show, not Youth weekend but the Open weekend. We were very careful about our harnesses, carts, etc. but I guess we never thought of locking up our setup
default_wink.png
Too bad, I don't think anything could spoil Nationals for me.. being angry won't change that it happened and I am certainly not going to let someone so ridiculous to ruin my favorite week of the whole entire year!!

Last edited:
We left on 2nd Friday morning so we weren't there when it happened. Again sorry for the couch. What a bummer.

Maybe next year we can meet and we can get everyone in our area together and do a Neighborhood watch. Someone is usually around so that would help and we can question people we don't know. Probably a good idea for everyone in all the barns. Do a community watch. It seems there was always someone up in any area when I walked thru day or night.

We are always in that barn and it is fine with me. Nice and quiet. We got the scooter this year because of my heel so that helped. The walk is the only bad part of the barn and with resisitive weanlings it was a interesting walk a couple of times
default_wacko.png

default_no.gif
I had one of my John Deere Green gates taken while I was loading up on Sunday, the last day. I went to the trailer to make a loading trip and when I came back, it was gone. My husband and I made these, so I know them on site. I am hoping to have them returned, and that someone just made a mistake by taking it. If not, and I see them next year, I will make sure and get it back. It was less than 10 minutes that I was gone. It is so sad that there are those kind of folks around. Most people are good natured and good hearted and would NEVER do that.

Cindy Coffman

Mother Natures Miniatures, LLC

Add us to the list !!

Our tack, feed and junk stalls were always padlocked in our absence.

Someone stole a bitting rig while we were packing the trailer !!!

We hoped it had gotten thrown in with something else but once we got home and unpacked our fear was confirmed.

Hope the creep who stole it enjoys it.

Justine

We were just down a couple Isles from you as well. I was there a LOT at the stalls and never saw anyone walk off with a couch (now that i'd have remembered). that's CRAZY..infact when i saw your photo i was thinking "i thought there were two couches on sunday when we left". the set up was still there. That's a real bummer. As tracy (yankee mini's..she was with us) said she left her purse out all night.. we were that CLUTTERY pig style isle on the end of the barn..we left tons of stuff out ..lol things you'd think anyone would want to lift!

We were with Red Carpet Minis at the show and left early Sat Afternoon . I know the love

seat was there at that time because I sat on it right before we left. Next time we will have to

have a social hour with Boniky and Kitty. I would love to have met you.

We felt we needed extra eyes on our horses this year due to circumstances that occured a

couple weeks prior to Nationals concerning a horse that was borded here. Thanks to New Brighton Stables , Red Carpet Minis and Mare Stare our horses , and our center asile was on camera the entire two weeks . It was also being taped. We had friends and family back home looking in on them at all hours. Some would even call us and tell us how big our butts looked on camera, or that we missed a spot when we were cleaning stalls LOL
default_no.gif
This made us feel so much more at ease when we were at the arena or the camper or hotel. MareStare really helped in putting a wonderful set up together. I highly recommend that anyone worried about their animals or their property next year get with Heather before Nationals and see if she can help you out like she did us.

The only problem is that when the cameras came down the love seat disappeared. Macy are you sure you looked in all your dress bags?? That love seat could have been in there!!!
default_laugh.png

Maryann

[SIZE=10pt]I don't live in Tulsa anymore but I used to. Now we're about an hour to the east. I visited the Nationals twice this year and always really enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear about things getting stolen-that's crazy. Honestly, I didn't know there was even any security there! I always look through the barns to see the sale horses and never saw any. One thing I do wish people would do is make sure they keep good track of the kids. I was looking at the horses of one stable and a very sweet, friendly little guy came up and talked to me and showed me the horses even going over to another aisle to tell me all about them. I'm sure a parent was around somewhere but I sure didn't see one. I think it's like going on vacation and we always think we can relax our guard a little bit but really still need to be keeping a good eye on them.[/SIZE]

Cara

I'VE GOT YOU ALL BEAT. A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I HAD A FLAT BED TRAILER STOLEN AND SECURITY WATCHED AS THEY DROVE OFF WITH IT.

I'VE GOT YOU ALL BEAT. A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I HAD A FLAT BED TRAILER STOLEN AND SECURITY WATCHED AS THEY DROVE OFF WITH IT.

Oh gosh!! Thats sad!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

A friend of ours had their electric scooter plugged in charging. When they returned the scooter was missing, charger and all.

I really think they need to improve on security!

I, too, wish security were a bit better, but I am wondering how security people can know what belongs to who. Ok, a couch being hauled of during day is a bit suspect, but with almost 2000 stalls occupied by someone, how can strangers know who belongs to which stall. I know I don't and I was there almost 10 days straight. I don't know the answer, but I think it lays somewhere in the buddy system at the stalls. I was also very dilligent about locking my stalls. I have taken some very basic precautions. Never leave anything in my truck. A good theif can get a truck door open in seconds. Put tarps around my tack stall and never leave small valuables in sight. I carry a large plastic box that hold stall curtains or something into which I always put my purse, camera, computer ect. That way, no one really knows it is there or will have to take time to look for it. Often that box is also covered by something like clothes, or is being used to lay grooming supplies on. A bit annoying, but easier than replacing what is inside. I would never leave a cart sit in the aisles without locking it some way. The only thing in my aisles for a theif are my lawn chairs and a card table. Get to know your neighbors in the aisle. You don't have to like them, but they have to be your 'best buddie' for a week or so. I don't know the answer to someone taking things while packing. Since Dave and I always go together, we seldom leave things while we pack to go to the trailer together. One of us is usually there all the time. I know that is not possible for those of you that go alone. Maybe pack with the buddy system also, I don't know. Maybe we could all get together and ask for a security person in each barn on the main move out days to be near the things that individuals have no choice to leave while packing. We could then go to that guard and tell them we are leaving our stuff to go to the trailer ect. I don't know if that would work, but something needs to be done.

I really wish people were more honest, but the reality is that we are located in the middle of a large city--not in the country all by ourselves. This makes us a prime target. We need to do all we can to take the bullseye off of us. theives look for easy marks. Lets all work to make ourselve hard to hit. Good luck.

Angie

Back