Ok, who's had stuff turn up "Missing" at Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
I've heard of "missing" items at Nationals before, but this year I was struck too. I left my new leather driving gloves in the restroom for only two minutes. I remembered and quickly went back to get them and they were already gone! Two minutes! Really, some people!
default_no.gif
And seriously the gloves weren't that expensive. Are some people really that hard up that they have to steal a pair of $20 gloves because they can't afford them? Ok, so who else has had stuff turn up "missing"?

That's really sad
default_sad.png

I wonder if the bathroom attendant picked them up for safe keeping. Did you ask her? Or check at the office if they were turned in? Is there a lost & found at Nationals?

I'm sorry for those that had things taken.

Oh, yes we asked the lost and found. They said that gloves are a really hot item and not to count on them being returned.
default_wacko.png

How much did Double Diamond lose? Did their semi ever show up? Are they going to make it the the World show, or can't they replace stock quickly enough?

Barb

From what we heard they found the truck and trailer the next morning. Don't think they took much if any of the tack stuff off the trailer. Everyone seemed to think they thought they were getting a truck and trailer associated with jewelry "Double Diamond". Boy were they in for a surprise when they opened the doors. My guess would be that they will be able to make it to the World Show.

Double Diamond was indeed able to set up at Nationals after recovering their rig, and I'm sure will be at World.

We had no trouble in our barn, but with Tulsa's reputation we were over the top careful about locking things up.

Jan

We didn't have anything go missing at Nationals but we were very careful to keep everything under lock and key. We locked our tack stall when we weren't right there in front of it and kept the cart chained to a post when it wasn't locked up overnight in the tack stall. We also locked our trailer and truck doors at all times during our stay.

On a good note: I left my purse, with my wallet and ID in it, in the arena at one point when I had an armload of other stuff to carry. I panicked when I got back to the stalls and realized I didn't have it. I ran back down and 2 very kind ladies had taken it into their care intending to take it to the office if no one returned for it. I don't know who you are but THANK YOU!!!!

Yes DD got their truck back from what i seen.....i think someone thought they were stealing a truck full of jewlry and opened up and relized it was halters and blankets..i can see how that would happen. I seen the truck/trailer at our hotel during the week last week so im guessing they got it back, i cannot believe someone or anyone would have the nerve to try to steal that thing
default_no.gif

I left my brand new digital cameria and memory card in the arena a few times and went back to get it and it was still there...i guess i got pretty lucky..

Most of the stuff taken from DD was bits and metal items. It sounded like the theives went for the metal items because steel is at a premium price.

I stayed one day extra to "recover" before trying to drive home (16 hrs) and while I was exercising the horses I witnessed an employee taking off with one of the TVs that had been left. Some people rent furniture, including big TVs, and then the rental place picks them up. Of course they were left Sunday to be picked up on Monday but I'll bet that the metermaid security never caught up with the guys and the forklift they were using.

I lost a rubber brush and a brand new bottle of cowboy magic condisener (sp)?

Left my stuff in the wash bay went and tied my horse up, went back after my stuff and it was gone. Well ok, I didn't do this my husband did.

Double Diamond lost about $25,000 worth of stuff. Mostly metals, almost all their bits etc, but all of Jana Nichols show clothes she had packed for Worlds, a Cowboy Hat, 2 cards of combs. About 25% of their load. Found it 6 hours and 6 miles away from the grounds. They had it parked at the Crestwood Suite hotel, right next to the highway. We stayed there also, and it was a dump. I would never stay there again.

I lost a leather halter that I had hanging on my horses stall. So I had to buy a new one to get him home in. Surprisingly enough, my friends had left their Lutke harness hanging on their stalls after their 2 am class and I found it when I came in the next morning. I found it there, but had to go to the ring, and put it under their stall drapes figuring they would find it. Unfortunately, they didn't, and were panicking pretty good when I got back to the stall and showed them where it was.

Why do people have to take stuff? My folks would have beat me black and blue for taking something that didn't belong to me! Maybe it's time to get back to basics with child rearing.
default_unsure.png

We stayed at our stalls and were very cautious to keep it locked up most of the time. Our main concern were our little dogs. Two long hair chiuauas. I heard that some were stolen last year. I could get over losing most anything but my babies. Hope not too much was taken from anyone. Everyone in our barn was looking out for everyone else. Even people I didn't really know were looking for us when our dogs came around the corner to be sure we were with them and they didn't run away from us.

Angie

Believe it or not we had a loveseat from our seatup stolen!!!

Here is our setup:

RedCarpet4.jpg

RedCarpet2.jpg

During the Open classes our crew went back to the stalls only to discover that the smaller of the two couches was gone and no where to be found. Some people these days :arg!

Believe it or not we had a loveseat from our seatup stolen!!!
Here is our setup:

RedCarpet4.jpg

RedCarpet2.jpg

During the Open classes our crew went back to the stalls only to discover that the smaller of the two couches was gone and no where to be found. Some people these days :arg!
Oh my gosh that is so horrible! I know everyone rents that stuff but whos resposible for covering it when its stolen?

I know when we left Satuday there were very few people left in our barn and some nice couches/tv/tables and such left to be picked up right in the center isle...so easy for someone to just drive off with. That is so sad that someone would do that, and so crazy that no one would see and say something to them!

We had our video camera with the footage of Bobby showing the Get of Sire Class. Honestly the camera was 10 years old and worth very little, but the tape in it was worth the world to me. I really think we need to be careful of what the workers at the facility see. Next year I am bringing my big dog and letting him stay in the tack stall and I am sure someone will think twice before entering. Bobby even stayed at the stalls and they managed to still steal.

Julie

We heard about Double Diamond before we left, so we were extra careful. The first few days anytime we left the stalls our tack stall was locked. My cart was always in there unless I was getting ready for a class. Yes it was cramped, but I knew it wouldn't come up missing. As the week went on if people from our group were around we shut our tack stall, but didn't lock it. A lot of the time we left the dog in there. (although she is so cute she wouldn't scare anyone off)

One night my mom and daughter went back to the trailer early. I guess she thought being we were done showing she would take our show halters and harness with her. Sure gave me a heart attack to find 800.00 worth of show halters and 600.00 worth of harness missing. I was very happy to find them in our trailer.

Really sorry to hear things went missing. I used to show big horses and you couldn't take your eyes off your stuff for a second.

Macy- Red Carpet Minis

I feel bad about the couch. What day was that? We were kitty corner from you and didn't see anything suspious. I know I questioned people that I didn't recognize (in a nice way) because of all the stuff stolen last year but our barn is usually very quiet.

I had some facial products taken at the arena area.
default_sad.png
Boy just ask me I would share anything I have and I do all the time. After that we started locking up the stall area. If they will take stuff in full view of people they are probably jumping up and down when no one is around.
default_sad.png

The only thing we lost was my portable GPS unit and that was on the way to Tulsa. It must have fallen out the truck door at one of the rest stops somewhere.

Our trailer tack door opened along the route too and nothing fell out. The stuff was tightly packed! lol

We did have dogs but that didn't help my stupidity of leaving my purse in the aisle all night. Luckily it was there the next morning.

People need to report stuff they see as suspicious. I'd have reported the crewmember walking off with that TV.

HOWEVER- the security and office numbers were not listed in the program booklet. We had to walk to the office (while it was open) and get the info (car accident and keys locked inside car). I think security should be easier to reach. Print the numbers in the book!!

I didn't have anything taken (big dog, little dog in our stalls) but I DID find something on Sunday that was left. I was actually looking for some hay- we were out. We did find some super nice alfalfa, and I found this "item" buried in a bag in a stall up from us. If you lost/forgot something send me a PM and if you can identify it you can have it back.....

Lucy

Latest posts

Back